Mitchell's Nose Arts

Amazingly, a B-25 Mitchell just flew over my house.

A warbirds restoration organization is having a fly-in at the local air port close to where I live and the weather is perfect with a cloudless blue sky.

Earlier this morning a B-17 Flying Fortress passed by with with all four engines filling the sky with their melodic roar.

Now the B-25 has just made a low level pass directly over my house as it heads back to the airport.

I'm getting out the lawn chair and binoculars......gonna be a great day. ......... :thup:

7.jpg

Amazingly, a B-25 Mitchell just flew over my house.

A warbirds restoration organization is having a fly-in at the local air port close to where I live and the weather is perfect with a cloudless blue sky.

Earlier this morning a B-17 Flying Fortress passed by with with all four engines filling the sky with their melodic roar.

Now the B-25 has just made a low level pass directly over my house as it heads back to the airport.

I'm getting out the lawn chair and binoculars......gonna be a great day. ......... :thup:

and where are you if I may ask. there is an air show this weekend in Olathe, KS. my late mom helped build the B-25 at a local war plant that produced over 6800 25's

Scratch what I said earlier. The second plane was a B-24 Liberator not a B-25 Mitchell.

I got out my binoculars and could spot the difference. The twin tail is what threw me off. But with my binoculars I could clearly see the aircraft had 4 engines not 2.

Still waiting for the P51 Mustang the news media said would also be in the air. ...... :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back