Mitch McConnell: We must cut Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security to reduce the deficit

Do you support cutting Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security?

• Total voters
Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell blamed spending on these services for the growing budget deficit and wants to rein them in:
"It's very disturbing, and it's driven by the three big entitlement programs that are very popular: Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid. That's 70 percent of what we spend every year," he said on Bloomberg News Tuesday when asked about the national debt. "There's been a bipartisan reluctance to tackle entitlement changes because of the popularity of those programs. Hopefully at some point here we'll get serious about this. We haven't been
McConnell eyes cuts to Medicare, Social Security to address deficit
Here's some better ideas:

Close the border.

No social program benefits for illegals.

No more 'pork' in bills.
-- Only bills directly connected / related to the main piece of legislation can be added on.

Pass legislation mandating an annual balanced budget.
-- Add a certain amount / percentage that must be towards the debt every year...

Start fining the crap out of politicians for ethics violations & use the $ to pay off some of the debt (the Dems would have eliminated the debt by now by themselves... :p)

Why is it that every time Republicans fuck up the economy - they want to cut Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid? The answer is simple - they want to destroy those federal programs. I expect they'll soon be talking again about "privatization".

And? Until 1986 federal government employees were covered under a plan much like social security. After 1986, federal employees were put into new "private" plans. My wife, as a federal employee, has such a plan, and it will provide retirement and is not a drain on the treasury and increasing our debt. Whats not to like? And why can't non government workers have these types of plans when government workers can?

Mark

I don't think you know what you are talking about. First, it was 1984, not 1986, and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is not a private plan.

Think about it...

DqJPOetWkAAUNAK.jpg

DqJPJCPWkAA0Uqx.jpg

Trust Fund Data

Hmm. So, if you believe the Reagan poster, why did you imply that the cutting of taxes was a ploy to reduce Social Security and Medicare?

What do you believe?

Mark

Why is it that every time Republicans fuck up the economy - they want to cut Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid? The answer is simple - they want to destroy those federal programs. I expect they'll soon be talking again about "privatization".

And? Until 1986 federal government employees were covered under a plan much like social security. After 1986, federal employees were put into new "private" plans. My wife, as a federal employee, has such a plan, and it will provide retirement and is not a drain on the treasury and increasing our debt. Whats not to like? And why can't non government workers have these types of plans when government workers can?

Mark

I don't think you know what you are talking about. First, it was 1984, not 1986, and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is not a private plan.

Since my wife doesn't get a retirement from the government, other than her own retirement plan, maybe you can explain to me why its not a private plan?

And according to this link, it was 1986 - FERS Information

Mark

New Topics

Forum List

Back