Mitch McConnel Asking For Resolution To Use Force In Iran..........

................if necessary.

Generals in the pentagon already asking for additional funds to prepare. Well......at least this time they aren't saying anybody has WMD's.......just ready to whip their asses for wanting one.

I thought we were broke? How the hell does McConnell plan to pay for THIS?

It's definitely not going to be another invasion. Think Balkans.

I really don't know what we should do, so my preference would be to follow the Constitution and get a Declaration of War.

Let's see now....you want to declare war on a sovereign nation located 10,000 miles away from us because they would like to have a nuclear weapon. They don't even have any weapons grade uranium. They're at 20% and it requires 90% to even make a practical bomb much less the modern weapons with 10-20 megatons TNT killing power like we have. We have them on subs, in the air, in carriers, in silos, and this basic third world country is at the same stage of development the United States was at while the Manhatten project was going on during the Roosevelt administration.

How 'bout you get real.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. Instead of an 'authorization to use force", which is nothing but an illegal workaround to the Constitution, make the warmongers get out there in front of Congress and argue for a Declaration of War. If Obama is going to hit them, at least hit them Constitutionally.

Idiot.

I really don't know what we should do, so my preference would be to follow the Constitution and get a Declaration of War.

Let's see now....you want to declare war on a sovereign nation located 10,000 miles away from us because they would like to have a nuclear weapon. They don't even have any weapons grade uranium. They're at 20% and it requires 90% to even make a practical bomb much less the modern weapons with 10-20 megatons TNT killing power like we have. We have them on subs, in the air, in carriers, in silos, and this basic third world country is at the same stage of development the United States was at while the Manhatten project was going on during the Roosevelt administration.

How 'bout you get real.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. Instead of an 'authorization to use force", which is nothing but an illegal workaround to the Constitution, make the warmongers get out there in front of Congress and argue for a Declaration of War. If Obama is going to hit them, at least hit them Constitutionally.

Idiot.

Good point.

Bellicose bluster by McConnell isn't surprising, the man is an empty suit. His sole stated goal is to make President Obama a one term President, apparently at any cost.

Let Israel bomb Iran. We should stay out of it.

Let them? There's no immiment threat of an Iranian bomb, so they shouldn't be doing anything without our consent. They're in essence a dependency and, as such, shouldn't have the opportunity to "wag the dog". If they want to go it alone, they should be going it alone.

Another con job in the mill. This authorization was used for Iraq, giving the president authorization to use force if he [Bush] thought it necessary. Bush did so think, and bingo we were in it. Later when no WMD's were found the Republicans turned around and accused Democrats in Congress of voting to support the war. Bush had no choice with the resolution.

Another con job in the mill. This authorization was used for Iraq, giving the president authorization to use force if he [Bush] thought it necessary. Bush did so think, and bingo we were in it. Later when no WMD's were found the Republicans turned around and accused Democrats in Congress of voting to support the war. Bush had no choice with the resolution.

Like scorpions..really.

.....Or, recognize all this War-talk for what it.....

handjob.gif

I think this might be a bit premature, but at the same time Im confident war will happen soon. Though I dont want it to.

War will happen if the Republicans get the white house and continue to control both houses of congress. If there is anything recent history has taught us it's that Republicans love the military-industrial complex more than they love the people (99%) of the United States and our infrastructure.

Your blanket statement is incorrect. Not all republicans want or like war. You forget about Ron Paul? He's got MILLIONS of *REPUBLICANS* that are ardent supporters of him and they think as he does... NO MORE WARS.

Ron Paul is a Libertarian with about as much chance to get in the white house as I have.

Forum List

Back