Mitch McConnel Asking For Resolution To Use Force In Iran..........

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
................if necessary.

Generals in the pentagon already asking for additional funds to prepare. Well......at least this time they aren't saying anybody has WMD's.......just ready to whip their asses for wanting one.

I really don't know what we should do, so my preference would be to follow the Constitution and get a Declaration of War.

Republicans should let the Commander in Chief handle military policy. He's the one taking out al Qaeda one by one. He didn't let Bin Laden go.

This is one area where even other Republicans understand they failed.

I really don't know what we should do, so my preference would be to follow the Constitution and get a Declaration of War.

Let's see now....you want to declare war on a sovereign nation located 10,000 miles away from us because they would like to have a nuclear weapon. They don't even have any weapons grade uranium. They're at 20% and it requires 90% to even make a practical bomb much less the modern weapons with 10-20 megatons TNT killing power like we have. We have them on subs, in the air, in carriers, in silos, and this basic third world country is at the same stage of development the United States was at while the Manhatten project was going on during the Roosevelt administration.

How 'bout you get real.

Mitch McConnell shouldn't be driving our military policy.

He should be ashamed

I think this might be a bit premature, but at the same time Im confident war will happen soon. Though I dont want it to.

I think this might be a bit premature, but at the same time Im confident war will happen soon. Though I dont want it to.

War will happen if the Republicans get the white house and continue to control both houses of congress. If there is anything recent history has taught us it's that Republicans love the military-industrial complex more than they love the people (99%) of the United States and our infrastructure.

War will happen if the Republicans get the white house and continue to control both houses of congress. If there is anything recent history has taught us it's that Republicans love the military-industrial complex more than they love the people (99%) of the United States and our infrastructure.

Your blanket statement is incorrect. Not all republicans want or like war. You forget about Ron Paul? He's got MILLIONS of *REPUBLICANS* that are ardent supporters of him and they think as he does... NO MORE WARS.

Mitch the Bitch McConnel knows that any sabre rattling with Iran will simply make the world oil markets more nervous, therefore driving gas prices higher.

That has become the Rethugs re election position. Drive gas as high as possible and beat Obama over the head with it. Iran is perfect for this "strategy".

I do say that IF we go to war, undeclared by Congress and with no means to pay for it other than borrowing, Impeach Obama. That shit has to stop.

Let Israel bomb Iran. We should stay out of it.

Seriously! Israel can wipe out Iran without much effort, and they've already stated a desire to do so. I see no reason why we need to jump into a fight where we're not needed.

Rattling sabres is to try and prevent war.

Works well in some cases so lets just wait and see what happens with Iran.

As for the Reps wanting war. Well if I remember correctly most of the Dems voted for Iraq as well.

Funny how some folks forget that little fact.

As for the Reps wanting war. Well if I remember correctly most of the Dems voted for Iraq as well.

Sabre rattling isn't so effective when the target country wants someone to attack them. This is just the way I see it, but it looks like Iran has been doing everything imaginable to try and get someone to attack them first.

I doubt we will ever attack Iran. Sabre rattling, period.

Isreal is another story.

Generals in the pentagon already asking for additional funds to prepare. Well......at least this time they aren't saying anybody has WMD's.......just ready to whip their asses for wanting one.

I thought we were broke? How the hell does McConnell plan to pay for THIS?

It will be over in a few months and they will treat us like liberators

It will be over in a few months and they will treat us like liberators

Oh....so, perhaps the oil alone will pay for this operation just like the invasion of Iraq? Oh, wait...

Sabre rattling isn't so effective when the target country wants someone to attack them. This is just the way I see it, but it looks like Iran has been doing everything imaginable to try and get someone to attack them first.

What is "everything imaginable"?

They just watched a country hostile to them..knock over a next door neighbor and fund terrorists to start trouble in their borders. They actually had to team up with Turkey to fend off the Kurds. This is after they overthrew a government put into place by an American coup and fought a war with their neighbor Iraq, that was egged on by America.

They "were" complying with the UN until the Mossad starting offing scientists spot lighted by inspectors.

They want a bomb. Because they want that shit to stop. Can you blame them?

Forum List

Back