Mitch McConnel and John Thune wash hands of Trump deficits

And what is strategically best for America...check into the military advancements made by China and Russia over the last decade...and now they are shadowing our planes and causing havoc in the UN.....Trump did the right thing...if he had not signed it all hell would have broke loose and he would not have the military spending he seeks....
And they did that with a combined amount of less than half our military budget?

Somebody needs to get fired.

I don't disagree with you there....maybe Trump already fired whomever it was....
That's a positive piece of news I would be BLASTING on Twitter, if I were Trump.

Which is why I doubt it happened.

Maybe...but until we finally beat back these 12th century monsters the debt is not on my radar as much as others....

And what is strategically best for America...check into the military advancements made by China and Russia over the last decade...and now they are shadowing our planes and causing havoc in the UN.....Trump did the right thing...if he had not signed it all hell would have broke loose and he would not have the military spending he seeks....
And they did that with a combined amount of less than half our military budget?

Somebody needs to get fired.

I don't disagree with you there....maybe Trump already fired whomever it was....
That's a positive piece of news I would be BLASTING on Twitter, if I were Trump.

Which is why I doubt it happened.

Maybe...but until we finally beat back these 12th century monsters the debt is not on my radar as much as others....
At least you are not trying to bullshit me, like some of the others.
:beer:

Q: How do you turn a "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) into a committed welfare queen?

A: The Pentagon!
I heard today the troops went for 6 years without a raise in pay until Trump raised their pay and housing grants last year...come on folks we are still at war...debt shmet...who cares...

Q: How do you turn a "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) into a committed welfare queen?

I heard today the troops went for 6 years without a raise in pay until Trump raised their pay and housing grants last year...come on folks we are still at war...debt shmet...who cares...
That begs the question the commies are constantly asking: Why did we then give a tax cut to the rich?

Your link shows what we spent...not whether it was enough or not....and judging by reports of Obama era airmen stripping parts off one plane to fix another we were not spending enough....

We have always stripped parts off of one plane to keep another flying, that did not start under Obama. I spent 5 years with a Marine FA18 squadron and we always had a "hanger queen" that was the plane used for parts, that practice is as old as planes.

We do not have a shortage of money in our military ,we have misuse and mismanagement.

Trump wanted the military spending from the bill more than he cares about what budget hawks think....he must know something we do not..
He had plenty of opportunity to tell us exactly what that was. He has the power to give us the info.

He caved. Period.

If they were threatening to assassin him, he should have made it public.

We can live with the debt until the war is over as long as the economy continues to stuff the treasury....

The war will never be over, that is the way it was set up. We have been at war basically non-stop since the 50s.

Your link shows what we spent...not whether it was enough or not....and judging by reports of Obama era airmen stripping parts off one plane to fix another we were not spending enough....

We have always stripped parts off of one plane to keep another flying, that did not start under Obama. I spent 5 years with a Marine FA18 squadron and we always had a "hanger queen" that was the plane used for parts, that practice is as old as planes.

We do not have a shortage of money in our military ,we have misuse and mismanagement.
I don't really care when it started it needs to stop...our enemy isn't forced to do it....do you want to avoid conflict or not?...we will not avoid it if the Chinese and the Russians think they can take us...

Trump wanted the military spending from the bill more than he cares about what budget hawks think....he must know something we do not..
He had plenty of opportunity to tell us exactly what that was. He has the power to give us the info.

He caved. Period.

We can live with the debt until the war is over as long as the economy continues to stuff the treasury....

The war will never be over, that is the way it was set up. We have been at war basically non-stop since the 50s.
We won't be war free with a weakened military...we must have the biggest club on the block and that takes spending....

I don't really care when it started it needs to stop...our enemy isn't forced to do it....do you want to avoid conflict or not?...we will not avoid it if the Chinese and the Russians think they can take us...
When they are spending half as much as we are, I will be concerned. We can afford at least a 25% cut or some people need to be jailed for fraud.

Pretty sure every military does it. Plus, our enemies do not waste their money being the police force for the whole world.

That could have happened by wringing out the fat in the Pentagon budget too.

Why do you act as though the Pentagon isn't just as wasteful and corrupt as any other federal agency?

He caved. Period.

We won't be war free with a weakened military...we must have the biggest club on the block and that takes spending....

We already spend more than the next 9 added together...

again, it is not a lack of money, it is a lack of oversight and a lot of wasted money.

“I’m very concerned about it. Particularly on the entitlement side, the mandatory spending side, which is where most of the money is. And that’s something that the president has not had a particular interest in doing anything about,” acknowledged Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the party whip. “We’re going to end up spending more than a lot of Republicans, I’m sure, would like. But that’s what it’s going to take to get a deal.”
Deficit Don
Deficit Don? Red ink gushes in Trump era
Deficits and debt only matter when the President is a Democrat.

When they are spending half as much as we are, I will be concerned. We can afford at least a 25% cut or some people need to be jailed for fraud.

China's military contractors earn pennies compared to ours...in fact China has no contractors...they all work for the government...they have an advantage in that but we have the brains....that is why they spy on us....

Pretty sure every military does it. Plus, our enemies do not waste their money being the police force for the whole world.
Actually that was looked in to and they don't have to do that...but I agree with the sentiment in your second point and I'm sure Trump does as well....

It is you that is passing the buck, not me. I give blame to all involved...
You are trying to spread the 'blame' like peanut butter instead of placing it like a crown on the heads of those who bear the overall responsibility of creating the budget and controlling spending.

Schools really should begin teaching the separate branches of the government and their roles and responsibilities again.

Bwuhahahahaha......
The president creates the budget, and it is due some time around March of each year, for him to turn it over to the House. The house then creates a budget using what the president turns over to them, Making it higher or lower or matching or not at all of what was in the president's budget priorities stipulate...

after passage, it goes to the Senate,
the Senate will then agree or disagree with the budget as set by the House Bill... if they disagree on the spending by agencies then the Senate will write their own spending bill and if passed, it then

goes in to ''RECONCILIATION'' and a handful of appropriators from the house and the senate go in to a room and 'duke it out' until the differences between the two bills are reconciled and agreed to,

then a new ''reconciled'' bill gets voted on again in each house of congress for them to pass...

then on to the president to sign.

Last edited:
China's military contractors earn pennies compared to ours...in fact China has no contractors...they all work for the government...they have an advantage in that but we have the brains....that is why they spy on us....

I bet they have a shit ton less fraud, waste and abuse.

We lose millions (if not more) to the "spend it or lose it" mentality.

Why do you act as though the Pentagon isn't just as wasteful and corrupt as any other federal agency?
I don't act as though the Pentagon isn't just as wasteful and corrupt as any other federal agency...what should we do about it...cut their spending while our men are in battle?....maybe its because I've been there wondering where our support is while getting shot at...

I bet they have a shit ton less fraud, waste and abuse.

We lose millions (if not more) to the "spend it or lose it" mentality.

what should we do about it...cut their spending while our men are in battle?....maybe its because I've been there wondering where our support is while getting shot at...

I don't act as though the Pentagon isn't just as wasteful and corrupt as any other federal agency...what should we do about it...cut their spending while our men are in battle?....maybe its because I've been there wondering where our support is while getting shot at...
I've been there too...Believe me, they are.

Your support was spent on giving lobbyists and contractors 10,000 sq. ft. homes in the suburbs, for airplanes that don't fly and dud rates of 30%

Forum List

Back