Mitch Daniels tells GOP to STFU about debt ceiling

Since Trajan isn't honest enough to answer, here is what Mitch Daniels said:

"We're going to raise it, as a responsible government must."

"This is really housekeeping, Tim."

"This has nothing to say...and nothing to do with future spending...this simply reflects decisions made in the past."

"And it ought to be treated as the housekeeping matter it is."

Which is nothing like what YOU quoted....

Do you even know what honesty is?
I didn't quote Daniels in the thread title, and never claimed to.

White lie dodge. Gotcha. Liar.

4 minute mark: Rachel Maddow Show

Don't worry - if you start at 4 minutes, you won't have to watch any Rachel at all. I know how allergic some of you are to facts and common sense.

I missed the part where Daniels tells the gop to stfu......

another dishonest post...imagine my shock.....:rolleyes:

if you wanted to whore for maddow just wear a dress and hit the strip.

Synthia already does that... You'll have to come up with something new...
The irrelevant troll is back!

He said is was house keeping.
Thank you, peach!

Now, why was it 'housekeeping' when they raised it 7 times under Bush, but under Obama, it's a way to spend more than we have (which is a lie)?

Do you remember what else he said?

That is why the repubs were voted out because they were spending to much.
Then Dems got a super majority and started doing the same thing.
Now Repubs are back in the house and they are doing what the people want, cutting up the credit card and trying to get spending under control.
We have a spending problem not a revenue problem.
Dems want to raise taxes and the debt limit so that they can keep their social programs.
We can't afford all of these government programs.

A lie? We are 14.5 trillion in the hole mister, and that is spending more than we have from both parties for more than 40 or 50 years. It has to stop.

Last edited:

"This has nothing to say...and nothing to do with future spending...this simply reflects decisions made in the past."

So? Where's the "stfu" quote?

We have a spending problem not a revenue problem.

Hmmmm....where have I heard THAT talking point before?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

You sheep will repeat any lie given to you!

Here's the truth:

Chart of the Day: We Have a Taxing Problem, Not a Spending Problem

— By Kevin Drum
| Wed Jul. 13, 2011 11:49 AM PDT

"We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem." This is the usual Republican mantra, but is it true? As Jared Bernstein points out, a simple look at spending and revenue really doesn't back this up:
There’s obviously much more to this analysis then a couple of lines on a graph, but the history of structural [] deficits in recent decades is that they are largely the result of cutting revenues rather than raising spending.
....That doesn’t imply that spending shouldn’t be on the table in the budget talks—though the real pressures come in the future, through health care—whacking food stamps, education, and so on is just plain mean. But it’s awfully hard to look at this graph and see support for that Republican mantra.
I've added some handy lines to show the general trajectory of spending and taxes over the past three decades. The Great Recession to one side, which cratered revenues and demanded temporary stimulus spending, the trend is clear: spending has generally gone down, but so have taxes. Future healthcare expenses are a big issue, but the current deficit just hasn't been primarily a spending problem. It's been a tax cut problem.

blog_revenues_outlays.jpg

See, when government takes large amounts of cash out of a shrinking economy, you get a chart like that.

What STFU quote?

Go back to picking lice out of your beard.

Excuse me, but what did I ever say to you to prompt this insult?

If you're an angry little fuck - seek help. Don't take it out on people you don't even know.

Jerk
You came in here bitching about Maddow, when I stated in the OP that this isn't about Maddow, and to skip ahead to the 4 minute mark.

You are only here to derail the thread with your hatred of Maddow and lesbians and Liberals.

What he said was that it should be treated as a housekeeping matter.

he didn't say anything remotely like STFU.

Rachel's argument is close to the whole Republican leadership is being childish now because 4 years ago Obama was childish then.

All rhetoric aside, the Republicans feel Obama will fold, and so they can drive as hard a bargain as they want any time they get an opportunity. They want their spending cuts. They are confident they can make him ditch first.

Meanwhile, we are in our second year without a budget. I think the budget process is now truly dead. The Senate won't even take one out of committee anymore.

thank you, the missing link in all of this...and;

when we were wasting almost 2 months negotiating a lousy 38 Billion dollar cut back in march april, the dems KNEW they needed lift in the debt ceiling, so, why didn't they cut more then, to make room and make a deal on that too?

THEY precipitated this whole deadline thing meaning to stampede the reps right up to post time.

Go back to picking lice out of your beard.

Excuse me, but what did I ever say to you to prompt this insult?

If you're an angry little fuck - seek help. Don't take it out on people you don't even know.

Jerk
You came in here bitching about Maddow, when I stated in the OP that this isn't about Maddow, and to skip ahead to the 4 minute mark.

You are only here to derail the thread with your hatred of Maddow and lesbians and Liberals.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What he said was that it should be treated as a housekeeping matter.

he didn't say anything remotely like STFU.

Rachel's argument is close to the whole Republican leadership is being childish now because 4 years ago Obama was childish then.

All rhetoric aside, the Republicans feel Obama will fold, and so they can drive as hard a bargain as they want any time they get an opportunity. They want their spending cuts. They are confident they can make him ditch first.

Meanwhile, we are in our second year without a budget. I think the budget process is now truly dead. The Senate won't even take one out of committee anymore.

thank you, the missing link in all of this...and;

when we were wasting almost 2 months negotiating a lousy 38 Billion dollar cut back in march april, the dems KNEW they needed lift in the debt ceiling, so, why didn't they cut more then, to make room and make a deal on that too?

THEY precipitated this whole deadline thing meaning to stampede the reps right up to post time.
Why didn't the GOP agree to remove subsidies and tax loopholes to make up that gap?

What STFU quote?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:stop it...seriously, you're to much man....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back