MIT Researchers: Obama Won on Race

Senator Carol Mosely Braun

Who is this person? Never heard the name before in my life. Maybe thats why she lost.

Then maybe you shouldn't be posting your opinion, and offering conclusive statements on race politics in presidential primaries if your knowlege about it is severly limited.

Carol Mosely Braun was the US Senator from Illinois. Obama's predecessor.

Your and elvis's assertion was that blacks will always overwhelmingly vote, like ignorant little children, for someone merely because she/he has black skin, or that when white democrats vote "90%" for a white candidate and it would constitute unimpeachable evidence of racism against blacks.

Then your going to have to explain why Carol Mosely Braun, Al Sharpton, or Alan Keyes went down in flames. Even the majority of blacks prefered John Kerry to Al Sharpton and Carol Mosely Braun.

Why is that? Its because Carol Mosely Braun and Al Sharpton were terrible candidates, without a compelling message.

I know it pisses you off that Obama won in a landslide, and it seems to be standard bush supporter wingnuttery to blame it all on Obama's "luck"; he was the beneficiary of white guilt, and of blacks blindly voting like little children for someone with black skin. Laughable.

But, I'm perfectly fine if Bush supporters want to blame the landslide losses of their party over two election cycles on "bad luck", and "white guilt". I have no interest in republicans self-evaluating the real causes for their party becoming a virutally all-white regional christian party of the South.

I thought it was pretty delicious that the Dimocrats had the option of voting for the first white woman candidate or the first black male candidate.

What a dilemma.

But really the question is would a white man from Illinois all things being absolutely equal to OBarry have even been considered as a viable candidate?

On the flip side of that coin.

Would a white male with the exact same credentials as Sarah Palin even have been considered a VP candidate?

the honest answer in both cases is no.

Last edited:

I told people this and they didn't believe me. Do any of you remember who you are?

I said, "obama could have lost men, women, older men, jews, muslims, hispanics, etc. He could have lost any of these and it wouldn't have made a difference. For example, made no difference if he won the women vote by 51% or lost them and only got 49% of the women vote. That would have made no difference.

But in all the states that went blue, like Ohio, Florida, CO & PA, it was the blacks that made the difference. Had Obama not gotten 100% of the black vote, he wouldn't have won.

I think this is a great lesson to Republicans and Blacks.

To the blacks. Yes you do matter!!!

To the Republicans. Yes the blacks do matter!!!

The Southern Strategy is backfiring on the GOP.

The facts are irrefutable. Thanks for the link. It's sad that race still plays a huge roll in our country. I found this interesting:

Indeed, "had blacks and Hispanics voted Democratic in 2008 at the rates they had in 2004, McCain would have won," they wrote.

Here's a clue.

Your party's base, and your rightwing media from sean hannity on down, spent the last four years fear mongering about invasions of brown hispanic people. And your party has spent two decades giggling about welfare moms and offering up defenses of the confederate flag.

Do you reallly think most hispanic and black people are going to put up with that shit? Get used to being in the minority, and being a virtually all white christian party.

Are you saying my party is the Republican Party? Wrong!

Here's a clue. Talk to the hand: :eusa_hand:

Senator Carol Mosely Braun

Who is this person? Never heard the name before in my life. Maybe thats why she lost.

Then maybe you shouldn't be posting your opinion, and offering conclusive statements on race politics in presidential primaries if your knowlege about it is severly limited.

Your and elvis's assertion was that blacks will always overwhelmingly vote, like ignorant little children, for someone merely because she/he has black skin, or that when white democrats vote "90%" for a white candidate and it would constitute unimpeachable evidence of racism against blacks.

Then your going to have to explain why Carol Mosely Braun, Al Sharpton, or Alan Keyes went down in flames. Even the majority of blacks prefered John Kerry to Al Sharpton and Carol Mosely Braun.

Why is that? Its because Carol Mosely Braun and Al Sharpton were terrible candidates, without a compelling message.

I know it pisses you off that Obama won in a landslide, and it seems to be standard bush supporter wingnuttery to blame it all on Obama's "luck"; he was the beneficiary of white guilt, and of blacks blindly voting like little children for someone with black skin. Laughable.

But, I'm perfectly fine if Bush supporters want to blame the landslide losses of their party over two election cycles on "bad luck", and "white guilt". I have no interest in republicans self-evaluating the real causes for their party becoming a virutally all-white regional christian party of the South.

Look I am personally not going to say that Blacks vote blindly for their own, but in this election I think that is apparent. However the thesis of this thread is that somehow blacks and Latino's alone won the election for Obama, even through 66% of America is still non-hispanic white and toss in all the whites and you are 75% white! Its ignorance to believe that Obama won on race, rather than on how bad Bush was!

Look I am personally not going to say that Blacks vote blindly for their own, but in this election I think that is apparent. However the thesis of this thread is that somehow blacks and Latino's alone won the election for Obama, even through 66% of America is still non-hispanic white and toss in all the whites and you are 75% white! Its ignorance to believe that Obama won on race, rather than on how bad Bush was!

or how bad the economy IS.

Consider this. Consider that if the GOP didn't fuck up as bad as they did, the whites would have voted for the white guy over the black guy, strictly based on the color of their skin.

And yes, that is a shame.

But the GOP was so fucking bad that even racists voted for the black muslim who pals around with terrorists. :lol:

I told people this and they didn't believe me. Do any of you remember who you are?

I said, "obama could have lost men, women, older men, jews, muslims, hispanics, etc. He could have lost any of these and it wouldn't have made a difference. For example, made no difference if he won the women vote by 51% or lost them and only got 49% of the women vote. That would have made no difference.

But in all the states that went blue, like Ohio, Florida, CO & PA, it was the blacks that made the difference. Had Obama not gotten 100% of the black vote, he wouldn't have won.

I think this is a great lesson to Republicans and Blacks.

To the blacks. Yes you do matter!!!

To the Republicans. Yes the blacks do matter!!!

The Southern Strategy is backfiring on the GOP.

If he would have gotten 100% of the Black and Latino vote and 25% of the White Non-hispanic vote, then he would have lost by 41 million votes! granted everyone including children voted!

Forum List

Back