MIT researchers discover new energy source

You know.......if we'd spent just half the scientific energy on renewable sources that we've spent advancing drilling technology, well.......

We'd probably have electric flying cars.

Or we would be back to steam engines.

You doing anything to invest in renewable sources?

And again, how do we know Oil isn't renewable?

No, we wouldn't be back to steam engines as wind and solar generate electricity which would allow us to keep our computers.

Am I doing anything? Yep, got rid of my gas guzzler and am now riding a bicycle everywhere I go. Did it before when I was in the Navy, didn't own a car for 8 years (and half that time was on shore duty).

How do we know oil isn't renewable? According to most scientists, it's a finite resource.

Why do you ask all these questions in favor of oil companies, do you own stock in BP?

Wrong........technology doubles it's abilities about every 18 months.

Like I said, we're addicted to oil, which is why the foreign car companies came out with an electric car before we did, even though we've had the ability to build the Chevy Volt since 2000.

Biker you putting your money where your mouth is. Oil may be finite. But well all be dead when it's proven. Alt energy is more than decades away fro me competing with oil.

Biker you putting your money where your mouth is. Oil may be finite. But well all be dead when it's proven. Alt energy is more than decades away fro me competing with oil.

We've had a lot of these technologies already.......it's just that nobody wants to use them because big oil has such a grip on everyone.

And yes, I have put my money where my mouth is, why do you think that I've not driven a car in town over the past several months? It's because if it's under 10 miles, I can ride it, and Amarillo is only 8 miles across.

Forum List

Back