'Mistakes' in appointment: O'Niell, Clarke

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
These are who Bush was refering to when he said he'd made mistakes in appointing people, but wasn't going to name any names, right?

Just looking for clarification.

nakedemperor said:
These are who Bush was refering to when he said he'd made mistakes in appointing people, but wasn't going to name any names, right?

Just looking for clarification.

Those are the ones that popped into mind for me. maybe CIA Director and secretary of transportation (no one realized it would have been such a vital department before 911). probably some others.

You would think Tenent would be on the list too, but Bush seemed to be pretty loyal to him for whatever reason. He probably should be on that list, but I doubt he was one of them.

I don't think its right to say it was a mistake to appoint someone because they don't get in line every single day... Powell's a good example. Even Cheney, in breaking rank with the gay marriage constitutional ammendment. But I mean, especially in Dick Clarke's case, his only mistake was essentially telling the truth.

I don't think its right to answer the question "name 3 mistakes you've made to prove your humility" with "well, I won't name any mistakes, but it was my mistake to appoint people who made mistakes". :smoke:

nakedemperor said:
I don't think its right to say it was a mistake to appoint someone because they don't get in line every single day... Powell's a good example. Even Cheney, in breaking rank with the gay marriage constitutional ammendment. But I mean, especially in Dick Clarke's case, his only mistake was essentially telling the truth.

I don't think its right to answer the question "name 3 mistakes you've made to prove your humility" with "well, I won't name any mistakes, but it was my mistake to appoint people who made mistakes". :smoke:

Please Clarke was simply the most immenent selfish self-promoter.

His policies languished for two years under Clinton with zero progress but he was able to go to Cabinet Level meetings, this was good (for a self-promoter). Bush gets in office and in less than 8 months had implemented all of those policies but Clarke no longer got to go to Cabinet Level meetings, this was bad (for a self-promoter). You can see by his actions that it was what meetings that he went to and not whether the President acted on his recommendations that made the difference.

It is obvious and clear the motivation behind what Clarke did.

nakedemperor said:

Clarke telling the truth?????????? Clarke was a petty, ambitious social climber who was bitter at being pushed aside. His account of the "truth" was designed to get him back into the spotlight and perhaps earn him a spot with kerry's administration if kerry won.

Were I George Bush, I would dump the Secretary of Transportation, Norman Y. Mineta. He's the idiot who, in the aftermath of Sep 11 announced that we would not profile muslims from the mideast. He defended his policy of searching an 80 year old caucasian granny while allowing passengers of middle east extraction on board airliners without even so much as a "how do you do". As a result of his policies, we had our own congressmen denied boarding and a retired American soldier was told he would not be allowed to take his Medal of Honor on board because it had a pin and sharp points. Mineta is the moron who continues to block effective security measures in favor of politically correct bullshit. I'd stuff his butt into a cannon and shoot him back to wherever the hell they found him.

Forum List

Back