Missouri News and Views

Is this a forum in which only Missourians are welcome to post? That seems a bit isolationist. I proposed a forum in which only two posters could participate in each thread after agreeing to debate one-on-one and I got all kinds of stupid shit comments about how freedom of speech was being shunned. This one is even more restrictive.

What makes Missouri so special?

Is this a forum in which only Missourians are welcome to post? That seems a bit isolationist. I proposed a forum in which only two posters could participate in each thread after agreeing to debate one-on-one and I got all kinds of stupid shit comments about how freedom of speech was being shunned. This one is even more restrictive.

He was smart enough to just set up a user group that anyone is free to join, rather than asking for an entire restricted forum, which would require special moderation?

He was smart enough to just set up a user group that anyone is free to join, rather than asking for an entire restricted forum, which would require special moderation?
You're right in one regard. His is just a club, not a forum. However, anyone could have posted in the one-on-one forum I proposed...as long as they found an opponent. It wasn't to be restricted in that regard. It would have been restricted only by preventing trolls, idiots, and others prone to interrupt a possibly interesting dialog from doing so. I think it could be accomplished with access programming one thread at a time and this would have to occur only once per debate after two posters have agreed to a debate. Up until that point, nothing would be any different from the way it is now. Hence, no additional moderation required. After the agreement, Admin would open a thread with posting limited to the two opponents, their referee and Admin's moderators. No member would be excluded from participation.

But, hey! I have nothing against Missouri, Missourian or Missourians. Missouri is a fine state. There are many fine Missourians, including Missourian. Also, I do now realize that I misinterpreted the OP a bit in thinking for a flash that a new forum had been set aside for Missourian and other Missourians when it's actually just a group to join similar to others that exist here. My apologies for seeming miffed.

I will pay you both as a token of my contrition.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njvhgXeSy6Q&feature=related]YouTube - "The Missouri Waltz", Prince's Orchestra, dir. G. H. Wilson[/ame]

Missouri is the heartbeat of America. Sure, we have a lot of righties but the I-70 corridor is ALL liberal.. which, of course, includes our two largest cities.

Forum List

Back