Missouri Lawmaker Says Consensual Rape in Debate About New Abortion Laws

Lots of laws control people's bodies.

Does it bother you when a woman gets to vote on laws that control men's bodies, or are you a complete hypocrite just spewing shit?
Name a law that controls only men's bodies.

That was a poor moving of the goal posts. I give it a 4.

Try again lefty.

Does it bother you when a woman gets to vote on laws that control men's bodies, or are you a complete hypocrite just spewing shit?
She asked for a law that controls men’s bodies

You failed to provide one

She moved the goal posts to hide from the truth, ie that woman legislators are always voting on laws to control men's bodies.

I will be happy to give an example of a law that controls men's bodies.

The law against Murder.

That's a law that only control's men's bodies?

Your desire to move the goal post was already laughed at and dismissed.

If you have something more to say, perhaps about support your idea that "only" makes a difference, make the point, and stop being sly about it.

YOu aren't fooling anyone. We all know that you are being sly about it, because you know it is a weak ass point, that you don't want to honestly defend.

Till them, Murder is a law that woman vote on, that controls men's bodies.

Try again lefty.

She moved the goal posts to hide from the truth, ie that woman legislators are always voting on laws to control men's bodies.

The law against Murder.

If you have something more to say, perhaps about support your idea that "only" makes a difference, make the point, and stop being sly about it.

YOu aren't fooling anyone. We all know that you are being sly about it, because you know it is a weak ass point, that you don't want to honestly defend.

You're right, I have nothing more to say. You are one of the few posters on this forum, including many Republicans, who are defending this guy. That says quite a bit about you.

These are the people in the GOP voting in Red states to control women's bodies.

This is what happens when a bunch of men get together to create a law that involves a woman's body.

oh, do tell of these laws that women get to vote on that only control men's bodies. You know, the ones equivalent to pregnancy. Also that wasn't what I said. This is a bunch of men with few to ZERO women writing and voting on these laws. Just like the last Republican attempt at a health care plan where there was ZERO women allowed to help write it, even ZERO Republican women.

1. Your desire to move the goal post is denied. Please consider yourself laughed at.

2. Plenty of woman legislators out there voting on laws that control men's bodies. I don't have a problem with that. It is a woman legislators job to vote on such laws. Only a gender baiting asshole would pretend it was not.

How did I try to move the goal post? I asked you from the very beginning to name a law that only affects men's bodies... just like my initial statement. The majority of these laws are being written and passed by men... men that can never get pregnant. You know, just like this guy who said "consensual rape."

Do you think if he went to prison and a guy said he could either let him rape him or die... and he said he could rape him, if that is consensual rape?

YOu were discussing laws that effect a woman's body. The "only" was added later, in order to move the goal posts.

This is you being dishonest.

Your speculation about what he meant, is self serving at best, and asshole of you at worst.

Try again lefty.

The law against Murder.

You're right, I have nothing more to say. You are one of the few posters on this forum, including many Republicans, who are defending this guy. That says quite a bit about you.

What do you think he is guilty of, besides politically incorrect speech? You moron.

this politician needs an education

Everyone needs an education on this complex topic and the politics of it ......especially in regards to how it is used now to empower women and falsely make it appear they are all just so innocent....they are not ever to be blamed even if they go to a bar get drunk and go home with some stranger and lead him on and on up to the point where she changes her mind sometimes before the actual act..sometimes after.

This is what happens when a bunch of men get together to create a law that involves a woman's body.

oh, do tell of these laws that women get to vote on that only control men's bodies. You know, the ones equivalent to pregnancy. Also that wasn't what I said. This is a bunch of men with few to ZERO women writing and voting on these laws. Just like the last Republican attempt at a health care plan where there was ZERO women allowed to help write it, even ZERO Republican women.

1. Your desire to move the goal post is denied. Please consider yourself laughed at.

2. Plenty of woman legislators out there voting on laws that control men's bodies. I don't have a problem with that. It is a woman legislators job to vote on such laws. Only a gender baiting asshole would pretend it was not.

How did I try to move the goal post? I asked you from the very beginning to name a law that only affects men's bodies... just like my initial statement. The majority of these laws are being written and passed by men... men that can never get pregnant. You know, just like this guy who said "consensual rape."

Do you think if he went to prison and a guy said he could either let him rape him or die... and he said he could rape him, if that is consensual rape?

YOu were discussing laws that effect a woman's body. The "only" was added later, in order to move the goal posts.

Your speculation about what he meant, is self serving at best, and asshole of you at worst.

I'm sorry, can you name a law dealing with pregnancy and abortion that is equivalent for men? Of course you can't, and your petty arguing won't change that.

Can someone please define consensual rape?
Consensual rape is when a woman decides after the fact that the sex she had with some poor guy was rape.
If the term consensual rape seems idiotic that's because it is but many men, mostly college students, have discovered after a night of consensual sex that they have been charged with rape so there you are.

A ridiculous name for a ridiculous "crime".
Just imagine, if you would, if males kept their pants zipped until they knew for sure that this was "the one".....

This is rich.

This politician said, "consensual rape," and you are trying to call me an asshole. Along with your post of defending him by saying that "consensual rape" is just not p.c., nothing wrong with it.

You're a hoot!

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

I'm sorry, can you name a law dealing with pregnancy and abortion that is equivalent for men? Of course you can't, and your petty arguing won't change that.

I addressed that.

You could have tried to offer counter points, to defend you added on "just". But that would involve honestly defending your position, something you are afraid to do.

So, instead you just restate your question, even though I have already pointed out that it was moving the goal post and not reasonable.

That you made no effort to defend it, and instead just repeated it, shows that you are a dishonest and cowardly person.

Rape controls men's bodies in order to prevent sexual crimes just as abortion laws control women's bodies to prevent them from harming the helpless human being in their womb.

Is that really "funny"? Only if you find humor in murder of the unprotected.
I'll bet you would have laughed your head off on the old white master's plantations.
The Understudied Female Sexual Predator

I addressed that.

You could have tried to offer counter points, to defend you added on "just". But that would involve honestly defending your position, something you are afraid to do.

So, instead you just restate your question, even though I have already pointed out that it was moving the goal post and not reasonable.

That you made no effort to defend it, and instead just repeated it, shows that you are a dishonest and cowardly person.

I have nothing to 'defend' with you. Your argument is wrong on many levels, least of which is moral.

Wait... stop me here, is moral a p.c. term?

Try again lefty.

The law against Murder.
"Woman [sic] legislators are always voting on laws to control men's bodies".....I am still waiting for an example....any example...just one example.

BTW...in case you were uninformed....women also can be charged and convicted of murder. Did you not know that?

Consensual rape is when a woman decides after the fact that the sex she had with some poor guy was rape.
If the term consensual rape seems idiotic that's because it is but many men, mostly college students, have discovered after a night of consensual sex that they have been charged with rape so there you are.

A ridiculous name for a ridiculous "crime".
Just imagine, if you would, if males kept their pants zipped until they knew for sure that this was "the one".....

Birth rate drops even more, as normal courtship breaksdown.

The next generation is even more dominated by those men who dont' play by the rules, as they get far more play, and the rules following men stand on the sidelines.

Women end up more and more with men who treat them like shit, because all the good guys were told to wait for clear communication that never came.

SOund about right?

Yep... plus he is a former law enforcement officer.

"A Missouri state lawmaker was met with hisses when he used the phrase "consensual rape" during a highly charged House debate on a bill that would ban abortions at eight weeks, including in cases of rape and incest.

Republican Rep. Barry Hovis, of Cape Girardeau, said in the chamber Friday that most of the sexual assaults he handled before retiring from law enforcement weren't strangers "jumping out of the bushes" but instead "date rapes or consensual rapes.""

Missouri lawmaker tries to walk back 'consensual rape' remark

These are the idiots making laws for people...

It takes a Republican to offer a class on 'consensual rape'

I bet he voted for the fornicator N chief ................

You say fornicator like it is a bad thing.

Are you a virgin?

Fascinating..............................

That he thinks that sex between unmarried people is a bad thing?

Continued fascination here.

This is rich.

This politician said, "consensual rape," and you are trying to call me an asshole. Along with your post of defending him by saying that "consensual rape" is just not p.c., nothing wrong with it.

You're a hoot!

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

The way that you ridiculed me, while making no attempt to actually answer the question, ie what do you think he meant,

proves me accusation to be true, ie,

You are an asshole.

"A Missouri state lawmaker was met with hisses when he used the phrase "consensual rape" during a highly charged House debate on a bill that would ban abortions at eight weeks, including in cases of rape and incest.

Republican Rep. Barry Hovis, of Cape Girardeau, said in the chamber Friday that most of the sexual assaults he handled before retiring from law enforcement weren't strangers "jumping out of the bushes" but instead "date rapes or consensual rapes.""

Statutory rape involves a younger girl and an older male (state laws vary). Charges are brought by the family of the girl, not the girl, who may have been more than happy to engage in the "rape." No doubt that is what he was talking about.

He's not telling us anything new either. Most rapists know their victims.

It's a sad fact that 1 in 4 girls will be sexually abused before they reach 18....many of them, if not most by hetero male family members and/or friends.

Try again lefty.

The law against Murder.
Which laws are those?
You have yet to identify them

Name a law that just controls men's bodies.....name one.

I already laughed at you for moving the goal post you coward.

What more do you want from me?

Still waiting to see you provide us with an example of just one law that controls only men's bodies. No goalpost was moved....however, I am seeing a lot of deflection and avoidance on your part.

women can do what they want with their bodys,,,its the child that is being killed and thats not her body

Child? This from a poster who thinks that it's ok to have sex with a woman who is saying "No"..........

A lot of women say no ....not really meaning it. Thus some men get confused and if they are under the influence of something it is much more difficult for them to have a clear understanding of what is going on.

Times have changed and men should by now understand the risk they are taking even having consensual sex...especially if they are vulnurable to blackmail....aka....being well known in the community, being famous, being wealthy etc.

Let us face this truthfully and it is not a pleasant topic....a lot of women have rape fantasy's....what is to be made of that?

It is also well known that many if not most raped women have very intense orgasms whilst being raped....it is something they cannot control....their bodies are hard wired like this...and it is this fact that make a lot of them suffer intense guilt over being raped...aka the fact they got such intense pleasure from the act.

It is also known that there is a higher percentage of raped women getting pregnant from rape than from consensual sex....what is to be made of that? Most likely due to the intense orgasms they experience from this form of sex.

There are different forms of rape....the worst being those women who are horribly beaten not even to mention those who are killed by the rapist.

It is a complex topic but it is very clear that women have complex reactions to being raped and some handle it much better than others.

The guilt over the pleasure they get from the act causes many to suffer psychological problems...they cannot reconcile their pleasure with the horrific act...it makes them feel complicit and that is also another reason why many of them do not report they were raped.

It is also well known that some women out of some kind of distorted hatred and desire for revenge etc. will accuse men of rape who are innocent...and this has been known for a long time...hence the laws requiring women to present some actual evidence of being raped.

Though now this has changed drastically....just the word of the woman now carries much more weight than ever previously....and thus it is much more likely now that a innocent man will if not actually convicted of something he did not do will suffer grievious damage to his reputation.

I think it wrong generally speaking to blame the woman for getting raped...many of them deserve criticism for placing themselves in a situation where they became vulnurable or associated with people that they should have known better than to associate with.

Ultimately the jury has to make a decision...but juries are not well informed enough of the complexities of rape.

It is also well known that many if not most raped women have very intense orgasms whilst being raped....it is something they cannot control....their bodies are hard wired like this...and it is this fact that make a lot of them suffer intense guilt over being raped...aka the fact they got such intense pleasure from the act.

Damn, you live in a rape fantasy world

Forum List

Back