Missouri Cop Who Pointed Rifle At Protesters Resigns

Missouri Cop Resigns After Pointing Rifle at Ferguson Protesters - NBC News

Good. The police have every right to protect themselves, but protecting innocent citizens comes first. That's not only their job, it's their duty.

He'll just be replaced by someone else just like him. And black, white, brown, red, yellow, purple — it doesn't matter: he'll/ she'll eventually do the same thing in today's American police state.

Thank God for what's left of our Constitution.

@Rotagilla

Good. The police have every right to protect themselves, but protecting innocent citizens comes first. That's not only their job, it's their duty.

I seen the clip of this when it played out live. The so-called protesters around him were NOT being peaceful. It was a very tense, volatile situation.
They probably told the cop leave on your own or we will have to fire you which would make it look worse.
The cop looked scared at the time and I would not blame him for what he did. He apparently gave them a verbal warning as well, "I will effing kill you"

Now that the Nat'l Guard has gone home, the police sent home, the protesters are planning a massive march for tomorrow morning 10am, we shall see...

He'll just be replaced by someone else just like him. And black, white, brown, red, yellow, purple — it doesn't matter: he'll/ she'll eventually do the same thing in today's American police state.

@Rotagilla

I'm over it, really.
Been watching it escalate for decades.
Stay away from them.
Handle your own business.

and stay away from them.

I seen the clip of this when it played out live. The so-called protesters around him were NOT being peaceful. It was a very tense, volatile situation.
They probably told the cop leave on your own or we will have to fire you which would make it look worse.
The cop looked scared at the time and I would not blame him for what he did. He apparently gave them a verbal warning as well, "I will effing kill you"

Now that the Nat'l Guard has gone home, the police sent home, the protesters are planning a massive march for tomorrow morning 10am, we shall see...

He didn't look scared, he looked pissed - and he was because citizens were exercising their Constitutional right to protest against the government (specifically his fellow officers).

I've seen tee shirts with jokes that cops like to wear: "We get up early to beat the crowds!" They get off on beating dissidents.

@Rotagilla

And if we just keep letting police departments slide about the increased militarization, one day it will seem normal that cops drive tanks, wear armor, and wield machine guns...

We need to hold our state and local leaders accountable, R or D.

Forum List

Back