Missouri Constitutional Amendments August 5, 2014...

Prediction -

Amendment 1 - Pass

Amendment 5 - Pass

Amendment 7 - Pass

Amendment 8 - Fail

Amendment 9 - Pass

Big turnout at my polling station.

So far with 664/3898 districts reporting:

Constitutional Amendment 1: 60% for 40% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 5: 70% for 30% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 7: 43% for 57% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 8: 48% for 52% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 9: 79% for 21% oppose

From the office of the Missouri Sec. of State website at 9pm central time

with 2609/3898 districts reporting:

Constitutional Amendment 1 (Farm): 54% for 46% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 5 (Guns): 66% for 34% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 7 (Roads): 42% for 58% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 8 (Veterans): 46% for 54% oppose

Constitutional Amendment 9 (Privacy): 77% for 23% oppose

From the office of the Missouri Sec. of State website at 10:30pm central time

With 3685/3898 precincts reporting:

Constitutional Amendment 1 (Farm): 51% for 49% oppose Too close to call

Constitutional Amendment 5 (Guns): 62% for 37% oppose PASSED

Constitutional Amendment 7 (Roads): 41% for 59% oppose FAILED

Constitutional Amendment 8 (Veterans): 45% for 55% oppose Likely Failed

Constitutional Amendment 9 (Privacy): 75% for 25% oppose PASSED

From the office of the Missouri Sec. of State website at 11pm central time

3697/3898 Reporting:

Amendment 1 (Right to Farm) 50.903% Yes...49.097% No

This one is coming down to the wire.

Likely the last precincts to report will be St Louis and Kansas City, so I suspect this amendment will fail.

With 3798 reporting:

Amendment 8...veterans lottery has failed :( 45% For, 55% Opposed.

Amendment 1...right to farm. 50.716% For, 49.284% Opposed

It's over.

All precincts reporting...Amendment 1 Right to Farm 50.127% YES, 49.873% NO.

498,751 Yes votes
496,223 No votes
--------------------
2,528 vote difference

Recount likely.

Population of Missouri is 6 million.

Damn near 1 million turned out for a primary election in August.

Constitutional Amendment 1 (Farm) I voted Yes, Wife voted No

Constitutional Amendment 5 (Guns): We voted Yes

Constitutional Amendment 7 (Roads): We voted No

Constitutional Amendment 8 (Veterans): We voted Yes

Constitutional Amendment 9 (Privacy): We voted Yes

Last edited:
Constitutional Amendment 1 (Farm) I voted Yes, Wife voted No

Constitutional Amendment 5 (Guns): We voted Yes

Constitutional Amendment 7 (Roads): We voted No

Constitutional Amendment 8 (Veterans): We voted Yes

Constitutional Amendment 9 (Privacy): We voted Yes

Pretty close to the result here.

1 - me yes, wife no

5 - both yes

7 - both no

8 - me yes, wife no.

9 - both yes

I was just reading the KC-Star write up on the failure of the streetcar tax and saw this...
Tuesday’s election also saw defeat for a proposed three-quarter-cent statewide sales tax to improve state highways, bridges and transit. If the state tax had passed, Kansas City leaders were anticipating $144 million for the streetcar and Prospect MAX, but now neither the local nor state transportation plans will move forward anytime soon.

Kansas City streetcar plan stopped in its tracks | The Kansas City Star
This right here is why I vote against these tax increases!

WTF does a limited downtown streetcar trophy project have to do with roads and bridges!

Hell, the folks who LIVE there don't think the project is worth paying for...but they want our SW Missouri money from this sales tax to go to this boondoggle!

That just pisses me off to no end.

Last edited:
Pretty close to the result here.

1 - me yes, wife no

5 - both yes

7 - both no

8 - me yes, wife no.

9 - both yes

I was just reading the KC-Star write up on the failure of the streetcar tax and saw this...
Tuesday’s election also saw defeat for a proposed three-quarter-cent statewide sales tax to improve state highways, bridges and transit. If the state tax had passed, Kansas City leaders were anticipating $144 million for the streetcar and Prospect MAX, but now neither the local nor state transportation plans will move forward anytime soon.

Kansas City streetcar plan stopped in its tracks | The Kansas City Star
This right here is why I vote against these tax increases!

WTF does a limited downtown streetcar trophy project have to do with roads and bridges!

Hell, the folks who LIVE there don't think the project is worth paying for...but they want our SW Missouri money from this sales tax to go to this boondoggle!

That just pisses me off to no end.

Oh - I know that! I was scrolling through the list of projects they said this money would fund & there was a lot of bogus crap on there. There were roads & transportation projects that were already completed many months ago. I am for building infrastructure when labor is cheap & not when it is expensive like we did during the housing boom. But tax incentive was all backwards.

In the St. Charles / St. Louis area they wanted a $20 million new bike path bridge across the Missouri river where they tore down 2 highway bridges & put up new ones. Why the hell didn't they leave the old bridges up for the hikers & bikers? Or why not leave it up for a metro rail commuter train to use? Why didn't they make the new bridges a few feet wider for a bike lane? WTF?

For the money they want to spend on some of these bike paths, they could have added another Metrolink rail line that commuters actually use. These rails increase exercise of many more people with the need to hike & bike to the terminals. That keeps the population healthy lowering medical cost like bike trails do.

User fees like gas & fuel tax increase should fund roads & bridges. People who choose to give up country life to live in apartments within walking distance to work & shopping, should not get taxed for avoiding gas & roads. Elderly who do not drive & live on fixed income should not pay for them either.

Total miles driven is down in the USA & oil consumption is way down. Why punish those who reduced or quit use of oil & roads? Higher gas tax will increase incentive to move close to work & use alternative transportation lowering tax payer subsidies on roads & alternative transportation systems. The free market helps if we would let it.

Last edited:
I'm quite certain the 4th is interpreted to not having anything to limit tracking cell phones travelling from one tower to another. Companies will give that info to the feds and state authorities without a warrant. All they require is the authorities prove they really are the authorities.

It is a little worrisome that the govt can decide to just follow someone electronically because they want to.

Forum List

Back