Mississippi pastor-lawmaker denies endorsing the killing of gays

R

rdean

Been a lot of press on Obama's opinion on "homosexual marriage." The only opinion that counts is God's: see Romans 1:26-28 and Leviticus 20:13. Anyway you slice it, it is sin. Not to mention horrific social policy.

The Leviticus verse is one of the bedrocks of conservative Christian opposition to homosexuality. It reads:

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

The posting drew little national attention until Gipson responded to an online petition posted by Change.org, which called on him to apologize and to meet with representatives of gay and lesbian organizations in Mississippi.

On Friday, Gipson posted: "I do not, cannot, and will not apologize for the inspired truth of God's Word."

U.S. News - Mississippi pastor-lawmaker denies endorsing the killing of gays

Thought it was hilarious a few months ago when Republicans on this very board were explaining how they "welcome the gays" and we can't prove otherwise.

Guess all that "acceptance" didn't work out so well.

here comes the panties all in a bunch

usnews, Pmsnbc...

Last edited:
Been a lot of press on Obama's opinion on "homosexual marriage." The only opinion that counts is God's: see Romans 1:26-28 and Leviticus 20:13. Anyway you slice it, it is sin. Not to mention horrific social policy.

The Leviticus verse is one of the bedrocks of conservative Christian opposition to homosexuality. It reads:

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

The posting drew little national attention until Gipson responded to an online petition posted by Change.org, which called on him to apologize and to meet with representatives of gay and lesbian organizations in Mississippi.

On Friday, Gipson posted: "I do not, cannot, and will not apologize for the inspired truth of God's Word."

U.S. News - Mississippi pastor-lawmaker denies endorsing the killing of gays

Thought it was hilarious a few months ago when Republicans on this very board were explaining how they "welcome the gays" and we can't prove otherwise.

Guess all that "acceptance" didn't work out so well.

from what I've read and been led to believe, Jesus entirely replaced and supplanted the Old Testament assholes when he said “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 (NIV)

Last edited:

So now they are DEMANDING people apologize for things said and meet with them...meet with them FOR WHAT?

this is what's coming of your freedom of speech folks.

Accept homosexuality OR ELSE

So now they are DEMANDING people apologize for things said and meet with them...meet with them FOR WHAT?

For death threats. Seems pretty clear. Unless you agree. Then I guess it isn't.

For death threats. Seems pretty clear. Unless you agree. Then I guess it isn't.

Maybe it is for consensual sex--I guess clergy experience gay sex, they may not be so opposed to it?

Just guessing.

Forum List

Back