Mississippi Governor snubs Obama again re: oil spill

WillowTree and txlonghorn are correct. I was there for 3 months after Katrina hit. Waveland to Biloxi was hammered far worse than NO, and the people of MS were already about the business of rebuilding while the people in NO continued to whine and cry with their hands out.

Mississippi doesn't need, or want Obama's "help." They see him for the lying idiot he is, and a country boy can survive.

I bet the other governors were going "Why didn't I think of that?"
I'm glad mine didn't. I actually think it's a good idea to take the spill seriously.

An excellent idea. Someone should tell 0bama! he needs to know.

He spent 40 days golfing and fund raising while everyone else was dealing with it. Now he wants a photo op, they have to drop more important things and be a backdrop to his greatness.
Talk to Count Dracula, he thinks Obama can't do anything about it and should leave it to BP.

WillowTree and txlonghorn are correct. I was there for 3 months after Katrina hit. Waveland to Biloxi was hammered far worse than NO, and the people of MS were already about the business of rebuilding while the people in NO continued to whine and cry with their hands out.

Mississippi doesn't need, or want Obama's "help." They see him for the lying idiot he is, and a country boy can survive.
Right, MS got no help from the Feds on Katrina. Are you fucking serious?

Someone needs to tell Haley that, according to the GOP saintly Rush Limbaugh, the spill is no big deal. The oil is as natural as the sea water. This is NO BIG DEAL! Buck up Haley!
He actually does think that as is apparent from some of his comments.

Fine with me, I'd rather see Mississippi a toilet than Florida.

That isn't what I said. But having been in both MS and NO, I can tell you there was a HUGE difference in the reaction and the responsibility. MS didn't wait for the Feds to come to their rescue. They went to work immediately, while NO was paralyzed until Big Brother came down to do it for them.

Where were you helping after landfall? And did you visit both States?

Almost two months after the spill occurred, no one within the Obama administration has offered any solutions. We have heard alot of talk from the federal government, but have seen no action. All they have managed to do is point the finger at BP and President Bush. They have done nothing to contribute to stopping the leak from reaching the shores. I believe I would skip the meetings as well, considering they are a complete waste of time.

who said that?

Someone needs to tell Haley that, according to the GOP saintly Rush Limbaugh, the spill is no big deal. The oil is as natural as the sea water. This is NO BIG DEAL! Buck up Haley!

that figures....so much for national pride.

Barbour is as concerned as the next guy...but he understands that if you wait on the fed...you are dead.

You wait and see....MS will come out of the hole faster then the others.

How 'bout a GULAG??

October 15, 2010

"Gov. Haley Barbour of Mississippi has to decide whether to show mercy to two sisters, Jamie and Gladys Scott, who are each serving double consecutive life sentences in state prison for a robbery in which no one was injured and only $11 was taken.

This should be an easy call for a law-and-order governor who has, nevertheless, displayed a willingness to set free individuals convicted of far more serious crimes. Mr. Barbour has already pardoned four killers and suspended the life sentence of a fifth.

The Mississippi Department of Corrections confirmed Governor Barbour’s role in the five cases, noting that the specific orders were signed July 16, 2008:

• Bobby Hays Clark was pardoned by the governor. He was serving a long sentence for manslaughter and aggravated assault, having shot and killed a former girlfriend and badly beaten her boyfriend.

• Michael David Graham had his life sentence for murder suspended by Governor Barbour. Graham had stalked his ex-wife, Adrienne Klasky, for years before shooting her to death as she waited for a traffic light in downtown Pascagoula.

• Clarence Jones was pardoned by the governor. He had murdered his former girlfriend in 1992, stabbing her 22 times. He had already had his life sentence suspended by a previous governor, Ronnie Musgrove.

• Paul Joseph Warnock was pardoned by Governor Barbour. He was serving life for the murder of his girlfriend in 1989. According to Slate, Warnock shot his girlfriend in the back of the head while she was sleeping.

• William James Kimble was pardoned by Governor Barbour. He was serving life for the murder and robbery of an elderly man in 1991.

Radley Balko, in an article for Slate, noted that none of the five men were given relief because of concerns that they had been unfairly treated by the criminal justice system. There were no questions about their guilt or the fairness of the proceedings against them. But they did have one thing in common. All, as Mr. Balko pointed out, had been enrolled in a special prison program “that had them doing odd jobs around the Mississippi governor’s mansion.”

md_horiz.jpg

tshirt.gif

Gee.....who'd have GUESSED!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back