Mississippi Governor snubs Obama again re: oil spill

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
JACKSON, Miss. -- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour on Friday skipped meeting with President Barack Obama in Louisiana about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
Barbour spokesman Laura Hipp says the governor was in New York, where he met Thursday with bond rating agencies. Barbour will attend the annual Mississippi picnic in New York's Central Park on Saturday.
The governors of Louisiana, Alabama and Florida all met with Obama Friday in Louisiana.
The first oil from a ruptured underwater well reached a Mississippi barrier island Tuesday.
This was the second time in a row for Barbour to skip meeting in person with the president about the oil spill. On May 28, Barbour instead attended a business groundbreaking in Mississippi.

Barbour skips Obama visit to oil spill site in La. - Florida AP - MiamiHerald.com

So?

Obama snubs people all the time. I'm waiting for the public ridiculing of Barbour to begin as that's how Obama deals with people who cross him.

JACKSON, Miss. -- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour on Friday skipped meeting with President Barack Obama in Louisiana about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Barbour spokesman Laura Hipp says the governor was in New York, where he met Thursday with bond rating agencies.
Yeah, 'cause.....Hikin' the Appalachias wa$ already u$ed.....

:rolleyes:

I bet the other governors were going "Why didn't I think of that?"
I'm glad mine didn't. I actually think it's a good idea to take the spill seriously.

An excellent idea. Someone should tell 0bama! he needs to know.

He spent 40 days golfing and fund raising while everyone else was dealing with it. Now he wants a photo op, they have to drop more important things and be a backdrop to his greatness.

Barbour spokesman Laura Hipp says the governor was in New York, where he met Thursday with bond rating agencies. Barbour will attend the annual Mississippi picnic in New York's Central Park on Saturday.
The governors of Louisiana, Alabama and Florida all met with Obama Friday in Louisiana.
The first oil from a ruptured underwater well reached a Mississippi barrier island Tuesday.
This was the second time in a row for Barbour to skip meeting in person with the president about the oil spill. On May 28, Barbour instead attended a business groundbreaking in Mississippi.

Barbour skips Obama visit to oil spill site in La. - Florida AP - MiamiHerald.com

It all comes down to priorities for Barbour. If he trusts his aide to negotiate what is best for the people of Mississippi ...so be it

Barbour's absense doesn't seem like any big deal to me, in fact I don't see as any kind of deal at all. I'm not big on politicians making an appearance for appearance sake. Should he have attended? Well being a thousand miles away from Mississippi, I'm not at all comfortable sticking my nose into their business. Good topic though, it'll probably lead me to check out what folks down there are saying about the situation with Barbour and the Obama visits.

Haley Barbour didn't cry whine, bitch and moan about Katrina either. Mississippi was devastated by Katrina too. Mississippi just went quietly about their business and cleaned up the mess.. :eusa_whistle:

All Owe Bama is interested in is a photo op with a rent-a-crowd of State Governors. He can't do shit about the oil spill. This is something the oil industry is going to have to fix with particular emphasis on BP. You can bet though when the oil spill is finally stopped, Owe Bama will step in to show everybody who is one of his sheep how his "leadership" solved this problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I bet the other governors were going "Why didn't I think of that?"
I'm glad mine didn't. I actually think it's a good idea to take the spill seriously.

An excellent idea. Someone should tell 0bama! he needs to know.

He spent 40 days golfing and fund raising while everyone else was dealing with it. Now he wants a photo op, they have to drop more important things and be a backdrop to his greatness.
Quit'cher whining.

The "conservative"-agenda is all-too-obvious....

:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if Barbour felt like there wasn't anything new that BO would bring to the table this time. Probably just a lot more of the same finger pointing.

And, after Katrina, where ALL the attention was focused on N.O. when MS was completely destroyed instead of just flooded, he probably felt his time would be better spent elsewhere. The MS Coast did pretty good with what they had after Katrina...it's roaring back. And you NEVER hear people still bitching about Katrina in MS.

Someone needs to tell Haley that, according to the GOP saintly Rush Limbaugh, the spill is no big deal. The oil is as natural as the sea water. This is NO BIG DEAL! Buck up Haley!

As if anyone needs Obama to do that.
If you say so.

IMO, he's putting partisan politics over the well being of his state.

But of course, that is his choice to make.

how is personally meeting with obama going to make the well being of his state better? oh wait...obama is your personal messiah

Forum List

Back