Mississippi Cop Under Investigation for Derogatory Remarks Against Michelle Obama.

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by US Army Retired, Mar 14, 2010.

1. US Army Retired

US Army Retired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Long gone are the days where you could actually say something without fear of going to jail. What exactly are they aiming for here? Is this man not allowed to say what he thinks? I thought we had something called freedom of speech. If this was a black police officer saying something derogatory about Barbara Bush,the media wold have been silent. Under the guise of diversity 'WHITE' people are singled out for this kind of crap all the time.

JPD officer investigated for remarks about first lady - WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS:

Little did First Lady Michelle Obama know during her visit to Jackson that someone was talking behind her back -- reportedly texting unflattering comments. Our investigation has revealed that it was a Jackson police officer. Now an internal affairs investigation has been launched into the incident.

Our sources have identified the officer as Chris Barnhart. We are told the incident occurred while Officer Barnhart was on security detail last week during the first lady's visit to the capital city. We are also told Barnhart made derogatory statements about Mrs. Obama.

When we questioned JPD superiors about the matter we were sent an email response. It states, in part: "The Jackson Police Department is currently conducting an internal investigation regarding allegations of conduct unbecoming of an officer."

Officials within JPD confirm it occurred during Michelle Obama's visit to Jackson. Assistant Chief Lee Vance said he could not be specific about the probe, adding they had received a complaint. He would not confirm the officer's name.

More at above link.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    This is likely why he's under investigation.

3. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    He was on her security detail and should realise bullshit like that HAS to be looked into.

You are a fool.

4. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Next on that list:

US Army Retard.

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,328
    The first lady is lucky. 50 years ago Officer Barnhart would have been using a fire hose on her. He probably still longs for the good old days. So does US Army Retired

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. asaratis

asaratis Uppity Senior Citizen Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,469
    :eusa_whistle:

7. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

So, he has to like her in order to protect her?

8. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,106
    I suspect he was authorized to be on the security detail. Oftem times, local law enforcement is used to supplement security with the Secret Service.

More likely, this is the reason he is being investigated:

Regardless of your feelings for the President or the First Lady, as on officer you are expected to set that aside and perform your duties professionally.

Hell, I don't care for either one of them, but I would be honored, and respectful, were I to ever meet them. That sentiment holds true of any President and First Lady. Past or present. Except maybe Jimmy Carter...

9. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Well yeah, that would be the same thing as I said. Just the more specific reasoning.

As for Carter, he seems like one of the nicest guys you could meet.

10. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Unless of course, you are Jewish.

The guy's on duty, i would hope they are keeping a close eye on him. Now if he said this somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I could understand thinking its an overreaction. But you cant be too careful when you are dealing with security.

Course, we dont know what he said about her either. So there could be more to that.