Mississippi bursts it's banks

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
Seen it on the news here in the UK, do we see it before you lot?How bad is it?

Seen it on the news here in the UK, do we see it before you lot?How bad is it?

A couple of billion in USA Dollars of Damage in Iowa is what is being reported...those down stream have not got the flood yet completely....but the worries of such are not as bad, BECAUSE the levees broke upstream, therefore those in downstream states will not have as much of a flood.

Compare this to over 100 billion in damage to new orleans when Katrina hit and their levees broke....

Not certain if the calculation of all the crops on the flooded farmland that are destroyed is in that 2 billion figure for Iowa, it could be they were only talking about homes and businesses destroyed?

Whatever it is, expect any grain crop world wide to rise in price....Iowa is the heartland for corn and soybean and wheat too I think, among other grains that makes your beer...like hops.... Food prices will be going up....count on it! Even sugary things like candybars have Corn syryp in them....and people fry things in Corn oil, and cattle and chickens feed on corn byproducts or other grains...

care

A couple of billion in USA Dollars of Damage in Iowa is what is being reported...those down stream have not got the flood yet completely....but the worries of such are not as bad, BECAUSE the levees broke upstream, therefore those in downstream states will not have as much of a flood.

Compare this to over 100 billion in damage to new orleans when Katrina hit and their levees broke....

Not certain if the calculation of all the crops on the flooded farmland that are destroyed is in that 2 billion figure for Iowa, it could be they were only talking about homes and businesses destroyed?

Whatever it is, expect any grain crop world wide to rise in price....Iowa is the heartland for corn and soybean and wheat too I think, among other grains that makes your beer...like hops.... Food prices will be going up....count on it! Even sugary things like candybars have Corn syryp in them....and people fry things in Corn oil, and cattle and chickens feed on corn byproducts or other grains...

care

I hope there hasn't been any loss of life? Fuck the beer price.

I hope there hasn't been any loss of life? Fuck the beer price.

24 people have died.... :(

The area is sparce with people compared to other regions in our country....mainly farmers.... this is their livelyhood, I am certain they are in sorrow and feel a great loss after such devastation to their homes/land....

Care

24 people have died.... :(

The area is sparce with people compared to other regions in our country....mainly farmers.... this is their livelyhood, I am certain they are in sorrow and feel a great loss after such devastation to their homes/land....

Care

My heart goes out to their families.

Forum List

Back