Mississippi about to turn up the stupid?

Referendum will define a fertilized egg as a legal person.

Will a miscarriage become murder? Or is that suicide?

This is a mind numbingly extreme measure. And for what? To preempt people's abortion rights? It's not going to do that. The state can define personhood all they want, but if their murder laws are extended to preclude a woman's abortion rights, the Supreme Court will knock down those statutes as violating the US Constitution. But hey, who cares about that, right? Let extremist mindsets reign supreme and enjoy the train wreck in the meantime.

Murder of the unborn and the nearly born has always been mind numbing to lefties. What about a full term infant who slips out of the abortionists hands and lands on the table. Can they still stab it in the back of the head and suck out it's brains? It's only mind numbing if your mind is numb in the literal sense.

Another mind numbing fact is that Mississippi has more live births per 1000 than any other state among teen girls ages 15 to 19. The top ten states are all red states. And guess who ends up supporting these kids? Yup, the taxpayer, in most cases.

I'm not a huge fan of abortion rights, but I do think a woman should have the right to make that decision in the end. My beef is why states like Mississippi don't do more to educate their dumb ass teenagers about birth control. It's obvious that "just say no" doesn't work among the holy rollers. Just ask Sarah Palin.

What is mindnumbing stupid is thinking miscarriage could be murder.

Or that a life hasnt been lost when an unborn child dies.

Would you tell any woman who has lost a child due to miscarriage that they should get over it because there was no child? I wouldn't. losing a child is painful. pretending its not a child is just insulting.

There is nothing like seeing a child on the ultrasound for the first time and hearing his/her heart beat. Nothing like it at all.

I don't know the ramnifications of this particular referendum. I only know what I've heard the last few days. But I imagine that God will bless those who protect the life of the unborn. Life is sacred. It's a gift from God. And you may find it mindnumbingly stupid, but that doesnt eliminate the intrinsic beauty of life.
TRUE THAT!

We have twin daughters......When the heartbeats were heard, and both children came into view, we were out of our minds!

Of course, I felt like the total stud, who definitely wasn't shooting blanks, and was loaded for bear!

How anybody can support the cutting up, and sucking of innocent life from the womb is beyond me.......It takes a sick minded individual to support it.

My, you are one prolific SOB. :D

Mrs. H. miscarried early term- he died in vitro. We lost our child. No two ways about that.

We decided to try again- bingo. She was 40 at the time and we knew of the risks.

During a second trimester ultrasound the doctor noticed indications that pointed to possible Down's Syndrom. He bluntly said "go on down to the coffe shop and talk over your options". I could have cold-cocked the little fucker.

But we did just that. And we looked at each other and had no doubts whatsoever.

17 years later she's a straight A student and an avid dancer. Happy healthy perfect.

At the moment we "discussed our options" we had no idea what the future held- nor did we care. Love conquers all.

And that's what is really fucked up about people today. If we're not guaranteed instant gratification- no problem. Toss your problems in the trash.

You turned up the stupid with this.

It does bring up non life-and-death issues outside of abortion. If you're pregnant and partake in risky behavior such as drinking, smoking, running a marathon, riding in a dune buggy, etc.... can you be arrested for injury to a child? If you lose the baby due to your behavior; I guess you can be tried for murder at that point...:eusa_hand:

What is mindnumbing stupid is thinking miscarriage could be murder.

Or that a life hasnt been lost when an unborn child dies.

Would you tell any woman who has lost a child due to miscarriage that they should get over it because there was no child? I wouldn't. losing a child is painful. pretending its not a child is just insulting.

There is nothing like seeing a child on the ultrasound for the first time and hearing his/her heart beat. Nothing like it at all.

I don't know the ramnifications of this particular referendum. I only know what I've heard the last few days. But I imagine that God will bless those who protect the life of the unborn. Life is sacred. It's a gift from God. And you may find it mindnumbingly stupid, but that doesnt eliminate the intrinsic beauty of life.
TRUE THAT!

We have twin daughters......When the heartbeats were heard, and both children came into view, we were out of our minds!

Of course, I felt like the total stud, who definitely wasn't shooting blanks, and was loaded for bear!

How anybody can support the cutting up, and sucking of innocent life from the womb is beyond me.......It takes a sick minded individual to support it.

My, you are one prolific SOB. :D

Mrs. H. miscarried early term- he died in vitro. We lost our child. No two ways about that.

We decided to try again- bingo. She was 40 at the time and we knew of the risks.

During a second trimester ultrasound the doctor noticed indications that pointed to possible Down's Syndrom. He bluntly said "go on down to the coffe shop and talk over your options". I could have cold-cocked the little fucker.

But we did just that. And we looked at each other and had no doubts whatsoever.

17 years later she's a straight A student and an avid dancer. Happy healthy perfect.

At the moment we "discussed our options" we had no idea what the future held- nor did we care. Love conquers all.

And that's what is really fucked up about people today. If we're not guaranteed instant gratification- no problem. Toss your problems in the trash.

Im glad there are alot of people making the right choice. It makes me smile.

You turned up the stupid with this.

It does bring up non life-and-death issues outside of abortion. If you're pregnant and partake in risky behavior such as drinking, smoking, running a marathon, riding in a dune buggy, etc.... can you be arrested for injury to a child? If you lose the baby due to your behavior; I guess you can be tried for murder at that point...:eusa_hand:
Exactly.

Referendum will define a fertilized egg as a legal person.

This is a mind numbingly extreme measure. And for what? To preempt people's abortion rights? It's not going to do that. The state can define personhood all they want, but if their murder laws are extended to preclude a woman's abortion rights, the Supreme Court will knock down those statutes as violating the US Constitution. But hey, who cares about that, right? Let extremist mindsets reign supreme and enjoy the train wreck in the meantime.

The Mississippi law essentially terminates the person-hood of the pregnant woman.
She wouldn't even be able to get an ectopic pregnancy terminated, the new law would just let her die.

Its pretty fucked up.

It will force doctors to choose between following the law and violating their oaths as doctors.

Yes. Keeping people from killing their offspring is tyranical.

On what basis do you say an embryo, blastocyst, or fetus is a human being? That's the problem, you've come up with your own reasons to make this designation, and it's no better than any other person's reason for disagreeing with you, though the medical community tends to reject the notion of personhood upon conception.

And you seem to be missing the real issue here. This measure creates so many problems without being able to actually achieve its desired goal, it's completely asinine. You really think that a woman should be forced to maintain a doomed pregnancy even though it will almost assuredly kill her? If Miss does approve this amendment to their constitution, and subsequently pass legislation to prohibit abortion, such statutes will assuredly be struck down when the reach the SCOTUS as being in violation of the US constitution. So we have an extreme measure that accomplishes nothing.

But I imagine that God will bless those who protect the life of the unborn. Life is sacred. It's a gift from God. And you may find it mindnumbingly stupid, but that doesnt eliminate the intrinsic beauty of life.

Oh, and since when was your religious beliefs a good reason to justify extreme laws over others who don't believe as you do?

But I imagine that God will bless those who protect the life of the unborn. Life is sacred. It's a gift from God. And you may find it mindnumbingly stupid, but that doesnt eliminate the intrinsic beauty of life.

Oh, and since when was your religious beliefs a good reason to justify extreme laws over others who don't believe as you do?

Since the first amendment guarenteed freedom of expression.

Even if it doesn't, how many lives will be saved in the meantime?

None. There will be alot of lost life, from pregnancies that should have been aborted to save a woman's life but were not, from failed attempts at self abortion, etc. Not to mention, I reject the notion that an embryo is a human life.

The interesting thing is some believe the measure may fail because there are no exceptions as to what would be considered ‘murder’ – including rape, incest, and if the woman’s life in danger:
The word “abortion” doesn’t appear on the Nov. 8 ballot. Instead, voters will decide whether to amend the state constitution to redefine the term “person” to include “every human being from the moment of fertilization, cloning or the equivalent thereof.” That change would cut off access to abortion by equating it with murder, making no exception for rape, incest or when a woman’s life is in danger.

Toughest U.S. Abortion Law Nears Passage in Mississippi Vote - Businessweek

Needless to say the proposed measure is pure idiocy, predicated on ignorance of the rule of law and how it functions in a republic – the purpose of the Constitution is to protect citizens from the tyranny of the majority, and supporters of this amendment are indeed tyrants.

Yes. Keeping people from killing their offspring is tyranical.

Great. So lets let women with pregnancies that cannot possibly come to term die along with their offspring, because fuck it, women are bitches anyway.

Even if it doesn't, how many lives will be saved in the meantime?

None. There will be alot of lost life, from pregnancies that should have been aborted to save a woman's life but were not, from failed attempts at self abortion, etc. Not to mention, I reject the notion that an embryo is a human life.

Not a single one? prove it.

Because it is a human being...

A normally functioning human being breathes air, eats food and takes water in its mouth, and shits it out their ass and pisses it out their pee hole. Fetuses do not. They do all that through a tube attached to a human being they are inside of. They are potential human beings - but not human beings.

Mississippi's law will make the birth control pill illegal.

It would in fact make it HOMICIDE to get drunk during a pregnancy and miscarry - and if done with knowledge of the pregnancy, it would be MURDER. LIFE IN PRISON. Drinking during a pregnancy at all could result in charges of attempted murder. Not that women should drink when pregnant - but murder, really?

In fact they could drug test anyone who miscarries and send anyone who fails up for MURDER.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back