Mississippi about to turn up the stupid?

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Referendum will define a fertilized egg as a legal person.

Will a miscarriage become murder? Or is that suicide?

This is a mind numbingly extreme measure. And for what? To preempt people's abortion rights? It's not going to do that. The state can define personhood all they want, but if their murder laws are extended to preclude a woman's abortion rights, the Supreme Court will knock down those statutes as violating the US Constitution. But hey, who cares about that, right? Let extremist mindsets reign supreme and enjoy the train wreck in the meantime.

Referendum will define a fertilized egg as a legal person.

Will a miscarriage become murder? Or is that suicide?

This is a mind numbingly extreme measure. And for what? To preempt people's abortion rights? It's not going to do that. The state can define personhood all they want, but if their murder laws are extended to preclude a woman's abortion rights, the Supreme Court will knock down those statutes as violating the US Constitution. But hey, who cares about that, right? Let extremist mindsets reign supreme and enjoy the train wreck in the meantime.

Murder of the unborn and the nearly born has always been mind numbing to lefties. What about a full term infant who slips out of the abortionists hands and lands on the table. Can they still stab it in the back of the head and suck out it's brains? It's only mind numbing if your mind is numb in the literal sense.

What is mindnumbing stupid is thinking miscarriage could be murder.

Or that a life hasnt been lost when an unborn child dies.

Would you tell any woman who has lost a child due to miscarriage that they should get over it because there was no child? I wouldn't. losing a child is painful. pretending its not a child is just insulting.

There is nothing like seeing a child on the ultrasound for the first time and hearing his/her heart beat. Nothing like it at all.

I don't know the ramnifications of this particular referendum. I only know what I've heard the last few days. But I imagine that God will bless those who protect the life of the unborn. Life is sacred. It's a gift from God. And you may find it mindnumbingly stupid, but that doesnt eliminate the intrinsic beauty of life.

I'm wondering, if you try to deport a pregnant illegal, can she sue to stop it based on the idea that her fetus, now a person in Mississippi, is an American citizen?

It's a fascinatin line I thought, as if the argument is that no, the fetus isn't a citizen until birth, then what rights or protections under the Constitution would any average fetus have?

Last edited:
The interesting thing is some believe the measure may fail because there are no exceptions as to what would be considered ‘murder’ – including rape, incest, and if the woman’s life in danger:
The word “abortion” doesn’t appear on the Nov. 8 ballot. Instead, voters will decide whether to amend the state constitution to redefine the term “person” to include “every human being from the moment of fertilization, cloning or the equivalent thereof.” That change would cut off access to abortion by equating it with murder, making no exception for rape, incest or when a woman’s life is in danger.

Toughest U.S. Abortion Law Nears Passage in Mississippi Vote - Businessweek

Needless to say the proposed measure is pure idiocy, predicated on ignorance of the rule of law and how it functions in a republic – the purpose of the Constitution is to protect citizens from the tyranny of the majority, and supporters of this amendment are indeed tyrants.

Mississippi has only one abortion clinic in the state. There simply isnt demand for abortion there. I dont think this referendum will be a big deal there.

The interesting thing is some believe the measure may fail because there are no exceptions as to what would be considered ‘murder’ – including rape, incest, and if the woman’s life in danger:
The word “abortion” doesn’t appear on the Nov. 8 ballot. Instead, voters will decide whether to amend the state constitution to redefine the term “person” to include “every human being from the moment of fertilization, cloning or the equivalent thereof.” That change would cut off access to abortion by equating it with murder, making no exception for rape, incest or when a woman’s life is in danger.

Toughest U.S. Abortion Law Nears Passage in Mississippi Vote - Businessweek

Needless to say the proposed measure is pure idiocy, predicated on ignorance of the rule of law and how it functions in a republic – the purpose of the Constitution is to protect citizens from the tyranny of the majority, and supporters of this amendment are indeed tyrants.

Yes. Keeping people from killing their offspring is tyranical.

What is mindnumbing stupid is thinking miscarriage could be murder.

Or that a life hasnt been lost when an unborn child dies.

Would you tell any woman who has lost a child due to miscarriage that they should get over it because there was no child? I wouldn't. losing a child is painful. pretending its not a child is just insulting.

There is nothing like seeing a child on the ultrasound for the first time and hearing his/her heart beat. Nothing like it at all.

I don't know the ramnifications of this particular referendum. I only know what I've heard the last few days. But I imagine that God will bless those who protect the life of the unborn. Life is sacred. It's a gift from God. And you may find it mindnumbingly stupid, but that doesnt eliminate the intrinsic beauty of life.
TRUE THAT!

We have twin daughters......When the heartbeats were heard, and both children came into view, we were out of our minds!

Of course, I felt like the total stud, who definitely wasn't shooting blanks, and was loaded for bear!

How anybody can support the cutting up, and sucking of innocent life from the womb is beyond me.......It takes a sick minded individual to support it.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Will it survive a challenge in the Supreme Court?

Yes and it will lose.

IUD's destroy an embryo after conception. If you have an IUD, by the rule of this law, you are committing murder.

It may be, perhaps, a boon to the pro-choice crowd to have such a draconian measure tossed out so easily.

Will it survive a challenge in the Supreme Court?

Yes and it will lose.

IUD's destroy an embryo after conception. If you have an IUD, by the rule of this law, you are committing murder.

It may be, perhaps, a boon to the pro-choice crowd to have such a draconian measure tossed out so easily.

How can it survive a supreme court challenge and not survive it?

A persons life begins when the egg is fertilized. The only thing mind numbing about that is lefty's thinking it's OK to kill unborn children wholesale slaughter style.

Yes and it will lose.

How can it survive a supreme court challenge and not survive it?

Que?

That's exactly my point. How can it both survive a Supreme Court challenge and lose it as well?

Forum List

Back