Mississippi Abortion Law Blocked By Federal Judge

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:clap2:

Mississippi Abortion Law To Continue To Be Blocked By Federal Judge

JACKSON, Miss. — A federal judge on Wednesday continued to block a state law that threatened to shut down Mississippi's only abortion clinic and make it nearly impossible for a woman to get the procedure in the state.

U.S. District Judge Daniel P. Jordan III temporarily blocked the law July 1 and extended that order Wednesday, though he did not say when he would rule on the clinic's request to put the law on hold for a longer period. If he grants that request, the case eventually would go to trial.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that states can't place undue burdens or substantial obstacles to women seeking abortion. The state law would require anyone performing clinic abortions to be an OB-GYN with privileges to admit patients to a local hospital. The doctors at the clinic in Jackson do not have those privileges, which the clinic has said aren't necessary.

Supporters of the law said it's designed to protect patients, and Republican Gov. Phil Bryant has said he hopes it will help make Mississippi "abortion-free."

The state law would require anyone performing clinic abortions to be an OB-GYN with privileges to admit patients to a local hospital.

Yeah, fuck that. Let the podiatrists have a crack at performing abortions, right? Or the otolaryngologists. Or hell, even the dermatologists!

Dumb ass.

the joy over abortions by some people is sick

they even give it clapping hands

• Banned
The state law would require anyone performing clinic abortions to be an OB-GYN with privileges to admit patients to a local hospital.

Yeah, fuck that. Let the podiatrists have a crack at performing abortions, right? Or the otolaryngologists. Or hell, even the dermatologists!

Dumb ass.

The issue isn't with the type of doctor; but with the requirement that the doctors have "privileges to admit patients to a local hospital". Nobody is suggesting that dermatologists be permitted to perform abortions.

Nice try, dipshit, but you fail.

Last edited:
  • Banned

I express no joy over abortions; but I do express joy over women still being able to choose. The law in question would close the state's ONLY abortion clinic. The gov of Mississippi said that the law would put an end to abortion in his state. The last time I checked, abortion is still legal in this country.

I express no joy over abortions; but I do express joy over women still being able to choose. The law in question would close the state's ONLY abortion clinic. The gov of Mississippi said that the law would put an end to abortion in his state. The last time I checked, abortion is still legal in this country.

steffie gets confused easily.

Yeah it's legal, if a state didn't have a clinic they would, oh my gawd, have to travel to another state that does...life can be such a bitch when you want to take another life

steffie gets confused easily.

oh jilly, we know you love judicial activism when it goes in your alls favor, but when it doen't...Look out

• Banned

Yeah it's legal, if a state didn't have a clinic they would, oh my gawd, have to travel to another state that does...life can be such a bitch when you want to take another life

That's not the point. Abortion is legal in this country. A state can't just ban abortion. BTW, what are low-income women with no transportation or no money in their budget for interstate travel supposed to do if they need or want an abortion?

I apologize that I can only positively rep you once.

As I said on other threads...if you favor a woman's right to choose, you should vote for Obama. If you feel that the State should have the right to make that choice for her...you should vote for Governor Romney.

That's not the point. Abortion is legal in this country. A state can't just ban abortion. BTW, what are low-income women with no transportation or no money in their budget for interstate travel supposed to do if they need or want an abortion?

why don't you caring people take up a collection or go pick them up and give them a ride.
I mean you CARE so much about it

why don't you caring people take up a collection or go pick them up and give them a ride.

That's about the response I expected from you. Thanks for playing.

If the abortion was not done, would you take and raise that child?

hey, cheer away for judicial activism until it goes against something you want

They have the baby, apply for welfare, and then conservative and the rest of them whine about her milking the system because she was forced basically to have her kid...

Something about she choose to have sex or what not..

Well they choose to eat unhealthy food and that caues insurance rate to rise forcing people to pay more because of their poor choices. Nobody forced them to open their mouthes..

Yay abortion!

A judge temporarily blocking a law so that it can be sorted out in a court of law is judicial activism? :lol: Who'dathunkit - a federal judge doing his job to ensure nobody's rights are being violated. What an extremist!

A judge temporarily blocking a law so that it can be sorted out in a court of law is judicial activism? :lol: Who'dathunkit - a federal judge doing his job to ensure nobody's rights are being violated. What an extremist!

call me whatever you want, I am an extremist when it comes to abortions, but what would a man know anything about them anyway except to watch the woman go get one and then don't care about the effects on them afterwards

Dumb ass.

The issue isn't with the type of doctor; but with the requirement that the doctors have "privileges to admit patients to a local hospital". Nobody is suggesting that dermatologists be permitted to perform abortions.

Nice try, dipshit, but you fail.

Oh so it's fine with you that a doctor performing an abortion can then dump the patient on some unsuspecting doctor in the ER when things get all messed up. Nice

If the abortion was not done, would you take and raise that child?

Forum List

Back