Mission to Mars & Space Exploration

We already have. We will continue to.

Know that "Garden of Eden" story? We will always push past where we're supposed to go.

I agree that it's not practical at the moment to make it a top priority.

I do think it will happen eventually, though. It's in our defiant and crafty nature, and will someday be needed to accomodate our ravenous and uncompromising species.

Then we continue at our perill. Space travel for prolonged periods will be suicide for any future Astronaunts, that go on any Missions to Mars or beyound.Any future missions will also be a colossal waste of money. Money that can be better spent for Human needs right here on Earth.
Stop this insane ,and egotistical waste of much needed money.!

And whos species? the White Race,? I think white people need to stop exploring, and stay in Europe!. Stop mountain climbing and stop doing things that they are not supposed to be doing.!.

Last edited:
And whos species?

You know, that human one, what's it called, homo sapiens?

the White Race,?

Species are defined by reproductive barriers (biological barriers, not socially or geographically imposed ones). So long as white people and black people can have babies that themselves can grow up to have babies*, white people and black people are one and the same species.

* - this extra level is what makes horses and donkeys different species - they can have offspring, mules, but that offspring can't have offspring, so there's still a reproductive barrier

I think white people need to stop exploring, and stay in Europe!. Stop mountain climbing and stop doing things that they are not supposed to be doing.!.

:lol:

Nevah!

Your post borders on insanity.You, and people that have this insane desire
for space exploration don't realize that Humans were created by God to live here on Earth. Not the Moon, or Mars. When the human body ventures into
space environment, of zero G, the first thing that starts happening is that our
bones begin to lose calcium.The second factor is exposure to large amounts of Gama, and uv radiation, exposure can be deadly.We must remember that in space, we do not have the protection that
the Ozone layer provides.

I don't know where you space fanatics get this idea that Humans future lies in space?, our that we are some how destined to venture into outer space.!?
We are beings of the Planet Earth. Our bodies are 98% water.We can not exists in the vacum of space without that bulky space suit.These other planets are either to hot or to cold , or don't have enough oxygen to maintain
any life, not just human life, I mean any life at all.

Not to mention all the navigational problems that can occur on these long
missions that span billions of millions of miles.The distances are to great.
This is just how God designed it. So humans would not venture out to where he did not intend them to be.

We have enough things to develop right here on Earth.We must tend to the Millions starving here on Earth, before we waste billions on egotistical
space explorations.

I take a different view. I believe God put all of space out there for us to explore. Nothing says we are supposed to be limited to this planet alone. The point of exploration is that it will enhance the human race and provide much needed resources to sustain human life for hundreds of years to come. If we find out its not possible for whatever reason, then we'll know but until then we should explore.

Anything we do now will be setting up the precussor plan for a millenia (give or take 500 years depending on no sudden calamity) in the future where rocket ships bombard Mars and Venus with Ice Comets from the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud. The new atmosphere will be temporary but if Homo Sapiens or some kind of Homo or even a Cyberorganic life form survives; we will have provided a stepping stone into the Galaxy and the Great Beyond.

Of course if we can do it, that means someone else can and has and will be watching. So let's do this quietly.

Anything we do now will be setting up the precussor plan for a millenia (give or take 500 years depending on no sudden calamity) in the future where rocket ships bombard Mars and Venus with Ice Comets from the Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud. The new atmosphere will be temporary but if Homo Sapiens or some kind of Homo or even a Cyberorganic life form survives; we will have provided a stepping stone into the Galaxy and the Great Beyond.

Of course if we can do it, that means someone else can and has and will be watching. So let's do this quietly.

If God intended for us to be in space, he would have placed oxygen and gravity in the Space environment. You people need to stop this childish
fantasy, and wish for "Humans to venture out into space", or this insane
idea that our "future destiney lies in the Stars".This all sounds absurd!.
We are beings of the Earth, made from air and water!.Not beings of Space!.
Wake up, Whiteman, we have problems right here on Earth that need to be sloved.Lets slove them,instead of wasting Billions of dollars on insaine space
flights.!

If God had put gravity evenly throughout the universe, we wouldn't be here to talk about it. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Do not limit God's powers or creative genius. You are putting him in a box.

I want to ask a question to everyone.
Does anybody beside me realize that there is not enough money in the world to sponsor a real space program, one that actually does something and does a mass space exploration?
Taxes are not enough.

Does anybody beside me realize that there is not enough money in the world to sponsor a real space program, one that actually does something and does a mass space exploration?

Not all at once.

We've already started exploring the solar system. Not with manned missions, but we're getting practice at getting things in space to go where we want them to.

We're already using orbital near-space. We (several nations collectively) even have a manned 'permanent' space station, though it's sort of toy.

I'm imagining that expansion will start with resource-gathering. People working in space. As that expands, people will spend longer and longer out there. As that experience accumulates and necessity mothers invention, living away from Earth will become closer and closer to feasible, and more accepted as normal by humans in general.

Once that mindshift happens, off-Earth colonization will start to feel inevetiable, natural. The rest will be a matter of inovation, and various organizations maneuvering against eachother to come out on top in what conventional wisdom will have come to see as the future.

The Mars Mission creates a demand for scientists, mathematicians, and physicists. If we are to discover worm holes, threads, or a holographic universe, then we will need a dynamic pool of educated people. to do this for us. Even though the US has limited financial resources, I support investing some of these resources in space exploration.

Mankind could be so wealthy if it choose to be.

We could feed the world and explore space and the oceans, too.

But we're basically too busy squabbling over resources and religion, political theories and mostly all of the aforementioned are just all about greed.

Mankind was made to explore and understand stuff, folks.

We are species which does art for arts sake, just because we like it.

So too with accumulating knowledge just because we want to know.

If mankind stops pushing the envelope, if we stop striving to expand, we are, as a species really dying.

Sure there's plenty of things we need to do here, but the cost of space exploration is relatively modest compared to all the other things we spend money on.

I'm not a rocket scientist. I won't make any money on it. I won't be visiting Mars.

But perhaps somebody will, and when he or she does, we will ALL be there, too.

Science is no less owned by all of mankind than great art is owned by all of us, folks.

Oh, BTW, we ought to fund our arts and humanities a hell of a lot better than we currently are, too.

And for exctly the same reason we ought to be funding science...because those are the BEST THINGS that mankind does.

If God intended for us to be in space, he would have placed oxygen and gravity in the Space environment.
Quit wasting electrons you smooth brained knuckle dragger. Your idiocy would have us stuck not using any technology! I will expect you to start running around naked, foraging off the land, and killing animals and insects for your meat. God didn't put any fur on you, God didn't put any plow blade on your foot, God didn't put any irrigation pipe in the ground, and God didn't put any knife in your hand.

We are beings of the Earth, made from air and water!.Not beings of Space!.
The Dinosaurs were beings of Earth; they were unable to adapt when the climate suddenly changed due to asteroidal impact. Environments can change; thus survival depends on adaptability.

You people need to stop this childish fantasy, and wish for "Humans to venture out into space"
Have you any idea of the amount of beneficial technology derived from the space program? No.

or this insane idea that our "future destiney lies in the Stars".This all sounds absurd!.
If the Genus Homo is still stuck on the Earth when its Biosphere dies, then Homo dies. Space provides abundant riches, unlimited energy, year round growing seasons, and infinite cubic. Whoever has military control over the Moon and the orbits about the Earth; controls the politics of the Earth.

Wake up, Whiteman, we have problems right here on Earth that need to be sloved.Lets slove them,instead of wasting Billions of dollars on insaine spaceflights.!
Most of those problems are caused by the existence of people like you and the idiocy you espouse. The US Cavalry came up with a good answer for idiots like you when dealing with the Red Men; shove them onto nature preserves with the other flora and fauna so long as they didn't evolve. How about it smooth brain? Are you ready for the Reservation?

Taxes are not enough.
I thought I had you scamper away to the Conspiracy Forum. Well false prophet, I have yet to see you make any flowers appear in my car.

We do not have the technology to start a mass exploration of anything outside our solar system yet. It would take no less than twenty years after we become proficient in fusion power to have reliable probes headed towards other stars though. Furthermore our region of the Interstellar Medium is to vacuous for Ramjets to be viable.

With 1970s technology we could have been standing on Ganymede and right now we could have Men standing on Pluto, shining a LASER broadcast back to a base on the Moon.

We (several nations collectively) even have a manned 'permanent' space station, though it's sort of toy.
‘Permanent’ cough cough....

I'm imagining that expansion will start with resource-gathering. People working in space.
I think Solar Flux Power Collection or Farming Stations might be the spark.

living away from Earth will become closer and closer to feasible, and more accepted as normal by humans in general.
I think a good number of people would volunteer to move into space habitats. Travel between stars restricted by subluminal speeds is beyond my imagination though.

We could feed the world and
And then all those idiots would be well fed, get jacked up on their local drug, start popping out babies, and get into more wars. Then they will want to know why we aren't doing anything to help the Earth's 12 billion people in poverty. And when that starts the Bush Meat will last exactly one year and then all those endangered animals will die. I am not going to feed India, Indonesia, China, Nigeria, etc just because they can't keep their pants on!

But we're basically too busy squabbling over resources and religion, political theories and mostly all of the aforementioned are just all about greed.
That squabbling has advanced us remarkably in the last two centuries. Though I think the world is still holding its breath after Nagasaki to see if we can keep doing the same old stuff in the Atomic Age.

We are species which does art for arts sake, just because we like it.
Art, like sleep, is a way to relieve the stresses and anxieties of our massively complex brains. It is a survival mechanism.

So too with accumulating knowledge just because we want to know.
Survival mechanism.

If mankind stops pushing the envelope, if we stop striving to expand, we are, as a species really dying.
I agree, but not for the esoteric quality you seem to have implied.

Sure there's plenty of things we need to do here, but the cost of space exploration is relatively modest compared to all the other things we spend money on.
I've read that NASA's budget for going to the Moon was equivalent to every citizen of the USA (at the time) paying $0.05 (in 1969 dollars) every day.

Science is no less owned by all of mankind than great art is owned by all of us, folks.
Except for a period of time under which the Federal Government may secure a patent to the artisan for profit in his work.

Oh, BTW, we ought to fund our arts and humanities a hell of a lot better than we currently are, too.
No. And no to tax funded government schools as well.

May I suggest a book for those who are science minded? The holographic universe by michael talbot. It is a very odd book, but very interesting.

May I suggest a book for those who are science minded? The holographic universe by michael talbot. It is a very odd book, but very interesting.

I can do Laplace Transforms, Systems of Linear 1st Order DifEq, and Tripple Integrals: take it easy on me!

And I also think, as long as I'm on the subject of things mankind could be doing instead of making the world safe for shamocracies, we ought to do a lot more research on psychodelics.

I suspect there's a whole lot of us doing personal research in that field, already, and we're getting pretty damned sick of doing it totally unfunded.

Timothy Leary is calling, he wants to know how you got out of your cage.

Last edited:
LOL, true, I am a child of the 60s. But it is an interesting book. Have you read it, or did you just look at the citations page? The LSD parts are the weakest part of the book. )Or the most fun, however you roll.) I thought the concepts interesting.

Forum List

Back