"Mission Accomplished" Bush v Obama

Bush gets a "miss me yet" poster and obama gets a "wish I was gone" poster.

Bush was magnificent next to obama.

Since we still have troops deployed and are still on the hook for billions in Iraq I'd say neither have accomplished the mission.

Since we still have troops deployed and are still on the hook for billions in Iraq I'd say neither have accomplished the mission.

The whole purpose of the title "War on Terror" is to scare U.S. citizens into us letting gov't be at constant war, where victory can never be achieved.

A war on a concept, might as well start the War on Anger and try to win it by dropping bombs on the heads of angry people and see where that gets you.

So, when Bush gave his mission accomplished speech, the Hussein regime hadn't been taken out of power yet? As I said to another poster on this very thread...go back and reread the speech...if you have the ability to do so, that is...and tell me where he said the Iraq war was over.

And, don't try and feed me your BS, I ain't buying any of it...are you trying to claim that Obama's visit to Afghanistan coupled with his televised speech, that just happened to be on the exact day that bin Laden was killed a year earlier was just coincidence? Yesterday just happened to be a date that Karzai picked out of the hat for an agreement signing? Piss off chief...that was nothing more than the first of many campaign rallies Obama is getting ready to hold on the dime of the taxpayers.

I haven't forgotten at all what Bush was like and what Bush did...I am not a Bush supporter and I'll go you a step further...if everyone starts pulling out Obama situations, spinning them out of context (when not outright lying about him) I call people out on that too. But, to defend Obama's campaign stop as coincidentally coinciding with the one year anniversary of bin Laden's death...give me a friggin' break. You're gonna have to do much better than that.

Mission Accomplished: Al Qaeda to Create Own State in Syria
May 9, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
mission-accomplished_1.jpg

While ISIS has gotten the most attention, it's important to remember that it's just one of the more aggressive Al Qaeda splinter groups (which is one of the more aggressive Muslim Brotherhood splinter groups) so these are going to keep popping up unless there's a smarter, more comprehensive and harder strategy to smash them down. And variations of "smart power" aren't delivering that at all.

So here comes Al Qaeda's Emirate in Syria. It's a lot less grand than ISIS, but Al Qaeda thinks longer term than ISIS. Which, like the Brotherhood, makes it more dangerous.

It's an incremental strategy. Al Qaeda has a number of tentacles in Syria. They make much less noise than ISIS. But the odds are that we might have to go on worrying about them, especially with our current strategy, decades from now. While ISIS will either live or die based on what happens in the next 1-5 years.

Mission Accomplished: Al Qaeda to Create Own State in Syria

Forum List

Back