Missing

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Starring Tommy Lee Jones (Men in Black and about a billion other movies) and the beautiful Cate Blanchett (Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings trilogy) as an old white-man-wannabe-native-american in 1885 New Mexico and his estranged daughter who is a practicing healer (kind of an amateur doctor I suppose).

This movie follows the two mains, and Tommy's grand-daughter (Cate's daughter obviosuly), as they track a witch doctor and his merry band of kidnappers who have killed Cate's live-in boyfried and Paco the stable hand, and abducted her other daughter.

Val Kilmer makes a cameo as a fat distracted army officer who can't be bothered to help out. As does the preacher from Deadwood (HBO Sundays, right after the Sopranos, cocksucker)

The movie actually wasn't too bad. There are some funny exchanges between Tommy Lee and a few natives, the witch doctor is one nasty looking fellow, and there's an interesting mix of contemporary technology and native american mysticism.

The story isn't entirely predictable, the acting is good, the dialogue is interesting, the scenery is great.

I liked it.

On a scale of 2 thumbs up to 4 thumbs down, I'd give it a thumb up.

Shit, none of them act well really. Most people just act like themselves. That's why their characters are all more or less the same.

The only good actors are the ones who show range, like Billy Bob, or Robin Williams.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Shit, none of them act well really. Most people just act like themselves. That's why their characters are all more or less the same.

The only good actors are the ones who show range, like Billy Bob, or Robin Williams.
As much as I don't like the political views of either one of those two, I have to admit they are damn good at their craft!

As much as I don't like the political views of either one of those two, I have to admit they are damn good at their craft!

I wasn't aware either one was very open about their political views. What are they?

I think she is a great actress but I agree with Jackass, why do people think she is so hot? I don't see it? Just because you are a great actress doesn't make you beautiful.
...Salma Hayek, she's hot...Cate Blanchett...not...

Originally posted by Mummig
I think she is a great actress but I agree with Jackass, why do people think she is so hot? I don't see it? Just because you are a great actress doesn't make you beautiful.
...Salma Hayek, she's hot...Cate Blanchett...not...

Salma hayek is a pretty good actress as well. What was that movie, Frida? She was good in it.

Sorry, man, Cate doesn't do it for me either.

She has what's known as regal beauty.

If by 'regal', you mean pale and strangely reptilian, then yes, she is very regal.;)

Keira Knightley and Naomi Watts all the way, baby.

Okay the only reason you guys watched Frida is because she's naked a lot and having sex with women, one of them being Ashley Judd who most men love!

but she is definetly a good actor, Frida was excellent.

I think K.Knightly is very pretty, but she didn't look so hot in Bend It Like Beckham, she's much prettier with long hair. She is going to be in King Arthur...that looks good.

Forum List

Back