Missing YouTube videos

Sometimes the users either take them down or have them taken down by the Evil Empire.

Are they still active on YouTube?

Yes. As you can see on the threads, the whole thing doesn't show up at all. When quoted by others, you can see the URLs, but the YT boxes themselves are missing. Whole pages without my YT videos (while others are still there). :confused:

Looks like you're the only one with the problem. User Error? (just kidding)

I just copy/paste the entire URL and I haven't had a problem

Sometimes the users either take them down or have them taken down by the Evil Empire.

Yes. As you can see on the threads, the whole thing doesn't show up at all. When quoted by others, you can see the URLs, but the YT boxes themselves are missing. Whole pages without my YT videos (while others are still there). :confused:
Alan, hit the refresh key on your computer. That sometimes shows stuff that doesn't seem to be there the first time. In the meantime, put "tips on speeding up your computer" in your search engine or get Foxfire (no charge) and follow their suggestions for better loading.

Often in quoted posts all that does remain is the url, rather than the whole YT screen.

But I don't know what to make of your particular problem.

PM cereal_killer and ask him about it.

Looks like you're the only one with the problem. User Error? (just kidding)

I just copy/paste the entire URL and I haven't had a problem

As of May, everything posted and remained viewable.

It's like a mod deleted any kind of link I had from a certain time frame, and I rarely posted links except to YT videos, but I had no notifications on the matter.

I'm not sure I want to post any more video links if they disappear on me.

T'is a mystery.

I see nothing but large bold type fonts...No hyperlink, no nothing.

Yeah, that's what I see.

Before there were links, but they're now all gone, not broken links, but missing links. They don't show up when I "view source" in the places they should be. So downloading a new browser won't fix the problem I would think.

The problem would seemingly be that they were deleted by somebody, accidently or purposely.

I would hope the mods would have a log of whatever happened. Even if it's not fixable by them, it would be nice to know what happened so it doesn't happen again. I don't want to waste my time on something that's going to repeat.

The hyperlinks are still there when I click on the quote button....Nobody is deleting your stuff.

Not deleted, but hidden for some reason.

Have you tried posting one without listing the title?

Just posted a test one.

But the old ones were there for several weeks before becoming hidden. So I can post stuff; I just don't want them disappearing.

Forum List

Back