"Missing white woman syndrome"?

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
This has got to stop. :mad: If a black or brown female goes missing, there's one 5- second blurb, if any mention at all. If a white "c"- word :eek: :D goes missing it's in the headlines for a month. This also applies to white females accused of crimes such as whatshername just returned from Italy :rolleyes: White, female, media- viewers seem to be perpetuating this injustice in large part
4.gif
. Turn off Nancy Grace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a life yentas!!! :banghead: Yenta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yenta or Yente is a Yiddish female name which is used generically for an old gossip.
Discuss.....

Missing white woman syndrome (MWWS) or missing pretty girl syndrome is a vernacular term used by some media and social critics to describe the seemingly disproportionate degree of coverage in television, radio, newspaper and magazine reporting of a misfortune, most often a missing person case, involving a young, attractive, white, upper-middle class (frequently blonde) woman or girl. This degree of coverage is usually contrasted with cases concerning a missing male, or missing females of other ethnicities, socioeconomic classes or physical attractiveness

Last edited:
I think the key word is upper class here, if a poor white woman from a trailer park went missing I doubt you would hear anything about it.

I think the key word is upper class here, if a poor white woman from a trailer park went missing I doubt you would hear anything about it.

possibly. Dave Chapelle did a comparison here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPxRqoXeXQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPxRqoXeXQ[/ame]​

Last edited:
exactly high...but damn where is holly bobo? i mean what the hell....dragged away from her rural home....i guess the 'home invasion' stuff gets to me...i am here alone most of the time...well with the dogs...i keep a cordless phone with me....but i do not like anyone showing up here that i dont know or expect. i do not allow service people here when i am alone.....the one time it happened i went online and told someone i was alone with this service person and all.....its just too weird...if you read the reports of the number of women who disappear...regardless of color.....

This came to my attn AGAIN as theres ANOTHER white kid in the news. I bet for every missing white kid there's 3-5 missing black or brown kids.

Race is only a third of it, the other two factors are whether she is also wealthy and attractive.
This is interesting to me also.
With few exceptions the MSM is liberal...which are always ALWAYS careful about their coverage of any issue that blacks/latinos are involved.
Take the now two separate events where a large group of young black males attacked a crowd of white people at random. Neither of these two events were reported on by the MSM at all - especially the one where several people were hospitalized. Has this been a group of skinheads attacking a bunch of black people??/ Holy hell...you would see coverage for a month.
But then...there is is this obvious racial/classism when reporting on missing people.
Interesting.

This came to my attn AGAIN as theres ANOTHER white kid in the news. I bet for every missing white kid there's 3-5 missing black or brown kids.

i will take that bet....1 white kid for ever 4 black or brown kids....

how much and terms of payment?
and acceptable sources?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cAjU9RUpoQ]bon jovi-runaway - YouTube[/ame]

This preferential gossip perpetuated by the likes of Nancy grace is sad. The real blame goes on her viewers who take the time to tune-in to her program. They boost her ratings & perpetuate the one-sided coverage. Wonder how many of them would tune-in if there was an equal amount of coverage for black & brown girls? :eusa_whistle:

This preferential gossip perpetuated by the likes of Nancy grace is sad. The real blame goes on her viewers who take the time to tune-in to her program. They boost her ratings & perpetuate the one-sided coverage. Wonder how many of them would tune-in if there was an equal amount of coverage for black & brown girls? :eusa_whistle:
What about those of us who don't tune in because she is a hysterical buffoon?

remember the runaway bride with the big fucking pupils?

I remember that case. She ran out off and left her soon-to-be husband, ran from their wedding.....people thought something had happened to her, and come to find out, she had faked being kidnapped (wasn't that it??)...and they found her in some wooded area.
That was a very weird one!

Forum List

Back