missing shared dll's etc.

G

gone fission

Hi,I've got a problem or three.I did a spybot search&destroy scan and came up with 3 missing shared dll's.I don't know how it happened or how to get them back.
My Roxio Soundstream will not copy cd's and my Stomper cd labelling program do not work properly either.These are both simple easy to use programs so I don't know why they aren't working
Lastly I am still not getting any type of sound on the limited and guest account on my computer.My admin account works just fine.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanx.

First off, what OS are you using?

Sounds like Spybot might have inadvertently removed files it shouldn't have. That has happened to me a few times with Adaware.

The programs should be an easy fix, just reinstall the software again. When dll's get deleted or overwritten, the only thing you can really do is reinstall the original software.

I use adaware and roxio cd creator and I've never had an issue with missing dll's.

also, on the sound topic, I had asked earlier if there were any customization settings or permissions that you had made at all with the guest and other user accounts.

Try making a test account using the built in power user settings and see what that does for the sound. did you install any of the media player software under a drive other than the C drive?

The only program I ever had a problem with was Kazaa. Adaware found one file as 'spyware' and removed it, leaving the program useless. I reinstalled Kazaa and the next time I ran Adaware I put that file on the ignore list.

Forum List

Back