Missing Bride To Be Found Alive

Mr. P said:
I guess you are Dillo...Fact is, No charges have been brought yet.

All I'm talking about is possible charges for a "criminal" crime..

Now, ya wanna talk restitution? Jail time plus fines...go for it..That is up to the court,
and the guide lines are in place for such, depending on the charge and whether the party is found guilty...

Guess the courts just go after the ones who can afford restitution because the jails aren't big enough for those who can't afford it.

dilloduck said:
The community is pissed and screaming for her money

The community has no right to be pissed at her, and think she should make restitution?

What should they do? Pat her on the back, give her a conciliatory "There there - it's ok" and send her on her merry way?

Shattered said:
The community has no right to be pissed at her, and think she should make restitution?

They absolutely do. There were business who lost money because they fed (for free) the search parties or closed completely to help in the search.

Parents were terrified that there was a kidnapper in the community - worried about their children being next.

Friends and co-workers of hers were worried because they thought something terrible had happened to her.

Forget the economical impact for a minute - what about the mental anguish of every single person in the community? Afraid for their loved ones lives - afraid to go out at night, etc.

All while she is playing craps in Vegas having a good time.

GotZoom said:
They absolutely do. There were business who lost money because they fed (for free) the search parties or closed completely to help in the search.

Parents were terrified that there was a kidnapper in the community - worried about their children being next.

Friends and co-workers of hers were worried because they thought something terrible had happened to her.

Forget the economical impact for a minute - what about the mental anguish of every single person in the community? Afraid for their loved ones lives - afraid to go out at night, etc.

All while she is playing craps in Vegas having a good time.

Exactly!! :bow3: :bow3: :bow3:

Hell, her own *family* should be insisting on restitution. Look at the huge embarrassment and mental anguish she caused them. But instead, they're probably making excuses for her.

Shattered said:
What should they do? Pat her on the back, give her a conciliatory "There there - it's ok" and send her on her merry way?

I am trying to point out some larger issues here. The local DA will charge her for whatever crimes she may have committed as he sees fit. Fine. It's up to him. He may be considering how much it will cost the community to charge her and determine if it is really worth it.

Restitution is what got me thinking here---apparently this is another arbitrary decision that someone will make and I'm just questioning whether this will be applied fairly or only because she is rich enough to afford it. Sounding more and more like a soak the rich deal to me.

How about the parents who couldn't keep their kids form drowning? Will they be charged for all the work the community did because THEY were so stupid ?
If not--WHY ?

I hope this hasn't been posted; I skimmed but didn't see it...

Remember the policy for Mountain (etc) Search and Rescues? Our state has a policy which allows for those rescued to be 'fined' if you will, for the costs of their rescue; especially if they strayed off (willingly) marked trails, and/or failed to use proper judgement (common sense) which led to them having to be air-lifted, etc, to safety.

The same concept should apply to Ms.Wonderer. Gessh...would it have KILLED her to have 'left a note on a napkin' or something? Dumb lady. :(

dilloduck said:
I am trying to point out some larger issues here. The local DA will charge her for whatever crimes she may have committed as he sees fit. Fine. It's up to him. He may be considering how much it will cost the community to charge her and determine if it is really worth it.

Restitution is what got me thinking here---apparently this is another arbitrary decision that someone will make and I'm just questioning whether this will be applied fairly or only because she is rich enough to afford it. Sounding more and more like a soak the rich deal to me.

How about the parents who couldn't keep their kids form drowning? Will they be charged for all the work the community did because THEY were so stupid ?
If not--WHY ?

Is that a general question or a specific event? The drowning? If someone was irresponsible and this led to a child drowning; i.e., not watching the children properly, no fence around the pool like some communities insist upon, then why not? Yes, they lost their child. That is terrible. But the parents (or whoever) were irresponsible and that led to the child's death.

They charge parents who leave weapons out and their child shoots themselves or someone else. Why should any other crime be any different?

dilloduck said:

If not--WHY ?

There's a difference between an accident happening, and someone maliciously, and deliberately plotting, which she did. She falsely accused someone of kidnapping her. She willingly left of her own accord, and just made up lies as she went along.

-=d=- said:

Remember the policy for Mountain (etc) Search and Rescues? Our state has a policy which allows for those rescued to be 'fined' if you will, for the costs of their rescue; especially if they strayed off (willingly) marked trails, and/or failed to use proper judgement (common sense) which led to them having to be air-lifted, etc, to safety.

The same concept should apply to Ms.Wonderer. Gessh...would it have KILLED her to have 'left a note on a napkin' or something? Dumb lady. :(

Thats great and I hope it is applied equally to all stupid hikers

-=d=- said:

Exactly! Communities have this provision for many things. Forest Fires, rescues, etc.

This is no different.

dilloduck said:

If not--WHY ?
Let me make a guess...Cuz stupidity is NOT a crime, but making a false report is?

Shattered said:
There's a difference between an accident happening, and someone maliciously, and deliberately plotting, which she did. She falsely accused someone of kidnapping her. She willingly left of her own accord, and just made up lies as she went along.

Accident my ass-----these kids had been caught running around the neighborhood before---these parents were STUPID

dilloduck said:
Accident my ass-----these kids had been caught running around the neighborhood before---these parents were STUPID

You didn't state you were referring to a specific incident, but made it sound like a generalization. If the parents are being careless with their kids, and something happens to them, HELL YES, charge the hell out of them.

Shattered said:
You didn't state you were referring to a specific incident, but made it sound like a generalization. If the parents are being careless with their kids, and something happens to them, HELL YES, charge the hell out of them.

Interesting---why isn't the community doing that?

dilloduck said:
Interesting---why isn't the community doing that?

I don't have any idea - I'm not part of that community. Why don't you ask them? How do you know the careless parent(s) will not be charged??

Shattered said:
I don't have any idea - I'm not part of that community. Why don't you ask them? How do you know the careless parent(s) will not be charged??

more importantly --Why isn't the community demanding they be charged?

Forum List

Back