Missiles Over Hawaii (False Flag?)

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
Was the recent ballistic missile scare over Hawaii really false flag operation? Somebody pressed the wrong button? Really? Think about it......Decades after the cold war nothing similar has happened. Only now when Rocket Man' may have the capability to deliver a Nuke to our shores. Suddenly we have a ballistic missile alert that turns out to be false.

You're reading too much into this ... the early warning system is complex and has provided false indications several times in the past.

Was the recent ballistic missile scare over Hawaii really false flag operation? Somebody pressed the wrong button? Really? Think about it......Decades after the cold war nothing similar has happened. Only now when Rocket Man' may have the capability to deliver a Nuke to our shores. Suddenly we have a ballistic missile alert that turns out to be false.

Anything is possible when you have a Deep State who hates the President so much.

Whatever.:dunno:

It was a state exercise and some nimrod pushed the wrong button. That is all.

Relax and have a nice day!

You know, I'm wondering if that is because of insufficient training, or because the system is so new, they haven't located all the bugs yet? You know as well as I do that when new systems get put on your ship, there is a bit of training and rough edges that have to be smoothed before everyone gets it right.

You know, I'm wondering if that is because of insufficient training, or because the system is so new, they haven't located all the bugs yet? You know as well as I do that when new systems get put on your ship, there is a bit of training and rough edges that have to be smoothed before everyone gets it right.

I thought the early warning system was several decades old. I remember it in the late 50's.

Ya....I hear ya. Just seems strange that it would happen now.

Do you believe in coincidences?

I don't.

I thought the early warning system was several decades old. I remember it in the late 50's.

They didn't get a warning! There was no alert from anyone! The nimrod just pressed the wrong button!

Well, it hasn't been used for the past 30 years, so maybe when they updated the equipment and system, there may have been parts that were not quite compatible with the older stuff.

They didn't get a warning! There was no alert from anyone! The nimrod just pressed the wrong button!

I heard they got messages on their phones. 15 minute 'alert'......

Idiots happen all the time!

We had a saying in the Navy. "There is no such thing as anything that is sailor-proof." There is always a bigger idiot sailor waiting to prove you wrong.

ABikerSailor can back me up on this!

I heard they got messages on their phones. 15 minute 'alert'......

That's the button he pushed!

We had a saying in the Navy. "There is no such thing as anything that is sailor-proof." There is always a bigger idiot sailor waiting to prove you wrong.

Yep. Admiral is right on this one. But, in some cases, the idiocy can be so legendary, that it takes a while for a bigger idiot to come along.

I've been witness to several of those. The most notable one I can think of we nicknamed "Chowline", because he fell for damn near every prank in the book. He actually went looking for 50 ft. of chowline.

The best one was when we sent him after batteries for the sound powered phones. He went to every deck of every hold looking for them, and finally an SK2 gave him a 50 lb box of small weights that he carried from the bottom of Hold 2 all the way up to the bridgewing. When he got there, he gave the box to a YN2 who was teaching him how to stand watch, and when Joe opened them up, he said "you idiot, these are the wrong size!". Dude damn near started crying because he'd been running around the ship for around 45 min.

The rest of us were rolling on the floor laughing at him.

By the way, sound powered phones are just that, they are powered by sound. No batteries required.

Yep. Admiral is right on this one. But, in some cases, the idiocy can be so legendary, that it takes a while for a bigger idiot to come along.

I've been witness to several of those. The most notable one I can think of we nicknamed "Chowline", because he fell for damn near every prank in the book. He actually went looking for 50 ft. of chowline.

The best one was when we sent him after batteries for the sound powered phones. He went to every deck of every hold looking for them, and finally an SK2 gave him a 50 lb box of small weights that he carried from the bottom of Hold 2 all the way up to the bridgewing. When he got there, he gave the box to a YN2 who was teaching him how to stand watch, and when Joe opened them up, he said "you idiot, these are the wrong size!". Dude damn near started crying because he'd been running around the ship for around 45 min.

The rest of us were rolling on the floor laughing at him.

By the way, sound powered phones are just that, they are powered by sound. No batteries required.

Yeah, relative bearing grease, flight line, mail buoy watch, sea bats, BT punch, etc!

I really like the line "this is not a drill".

I guess they had no way to send...."ooooops. cancel previous text". After mistake, Cancel. Cancel. Human error.

Granny says, "Dat's right - dat's what happens when ya let gubmint run things...
shocked.gif

Hawaii False Alarm Prompts Plans for FCC Investigation
14 Jan 2018 - Saturday's errant ballistic-missile alert to cell phones, televisions and radio stations in Hawaii has officials in Washington planning to find out what went wrong.
Federal Communication Commission Chairman Ajit Pai announced plans for a probe via Twitter. "The @FCC is launching a full investigation into the false emergency alert that was sent to residents of Hawaii," Pai tweeted later Saturday. U.S. Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, praised Pai's decision to address an error that sent many Hawaii residents into a panic for about 40 minutes. "This system failed miserably and we need to start over," Schatz tweeted.

Local officials and the Navy's U.S. Pacific Command quickly recognized that the alert was a false alarm, but the system took about 40 minutes to send a corrective message to Hawaii residents, the Washington Examiner reported. The FCC has regulated the nation's wireless emergency alert system since 2012. But critics have pointed out a number of perceived flaws, such as messages being delivered to too wide a swath rather than the people most affected by an emergency, Reuters reported.

ajit-pai-011418.jpg

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has announced plans for major improvements to the nation's wireless emergency alert system.​

In December, officials from Harris County, Texas, told members of the FCC about problems they experienced in directing alerts to people most affected by Hurricane Harvey, the New York Times reported. In October, U.S. Sens. Kamala Harris and Dianne Feinstein, both D-Calif., wrote to Pai, saying that inefficient location-targeting had deprived some residents of receiving alerts, as wildfires raged across northern California, the Times reported. "These emergency services are caught in a bind between notifying individuals in imminent danger and risking mass panic," the senators wrote.

Just last week Pai proposed that service providers "deliver these alerts to match the geographic area specified by the officials sending the alert with no more overshoot than one-tenth of a mile." The FCC plans to vote this month on a plan to improve the emergency alert system so it better targets the people most affected by a given situation. Under such a proposed system, Pai said, Americans will "take more seriously the alerts they receive on their mobile devices."

Hawaii False Alarm Prompts Plans for FCC Investigation

Forum List

Back