miss me yet ?

Barry is excellent at insulting allies.

Sure, that's why he's got Russia on board to support new sanctions against Iran. The only reason he hasn't won over Hu (China) is because Iran is one of its biggest trade outlets.

Which ally has been insulted?

Where have you been?

The British almost declared war because Michelle put her arm around the Queen

Oh, I forgot. And the classic videos for her. Then there was something the cons didn't approve of that Obama gave Gordon Brown.

Please cite all those.

Stimulus legislation has been a joke. About 10% of it has been spent, mostly wasted btw.
Banned torture? What torture? He has set up a witch hunt of Bush personnel that will reduce the effectiveness of the CIA and other intelligence branches.
How did he repair damage to US reputation? The French are disgusted with him. The Czechs and Poles are disgusted with him. If you mean with Ghaddafi, who calls him "my son" you might have a point. But who wants that loon as a friend?
Reinstated the war on terrorism? He banned the use of the term! He has changed the mission in Afghanistan and made parameters such that it is unwinnable. He is ignoring the advice of his own generals.

More like:
Increased the deficit 4-fold beyond Bush.
Affirmed Bush's policy on detentions
Affirmed the military's dont ask dont tell
Affirmed Bush's policy on Iraq
Affirmed Bush's bail out policies on the auto industry
Need more?

Please cite all those

Obama has raised the deficit only 1/5 of what Bush wasted

Bush created a shit hole with his detentions. He illegally imprisoned, tortured and corrupted any evidence against these men. There is no way to prosecute anyone because Bush botched the cases against them.

Don't ask-don't tell was Clinton

We are basically following the Bush policy in Iraq. Afghanistan was botched by Bush by allowing the Taliban to reestablish itself

Auto Industry? Didn't see Bush supporting the bailout, but it sure pissed the Republicans off

Please cite what you mean by "Obama raised the deficit only 1/5 of what Bush wasted."
Let's start there.

But Obama is continuing the detentions. He is continuing Gitmo. You have no argument there.

Lets see.....
A recent poll of historians had George Bush ranked 39 out of 43 Presidents. He ranked lower than LBJ, Nixon, Carter or any modern president.

Miss him?

Not by a long shot. Obama is correcting much of the damage inflicted by Bush but still has a long way to go to remove the "Stink of Bush"

Bush destroyed what once was the Grand Old Party and his negative impact on his party will last a generation

Most of his policies are continuations of what Bush did.
So how is that "correcting" the damage?

Lets see????

Reversed the relaxation of environmental restrictions
Reinstated worker protections
Passed stimulus legislation
Banned Torture
Repaired the damaged US reputation around the globe
Reinstated the war on terrorism by plussing up Afghanistan

Passed the SCHIP program for childen
Passed the bill for federal grants for stem cell research
Directed Homeland Security to initiate all 14 recommendations of the 911 Committee
Passed the bill giving Iraq/Afghanistan returning vets full GI bill benefits

Please cite all those.

Stimulus legislation has been a joke. About 10% of it has been spent, mostly wasted btw.
Banned torture? What torture? He has set up a witch hunt of Bush personnel that will reduce the effectiveness of the CIA and other intelligence branches.
How did he repair damage to US reputation? The French are disgusted with him. The Czechs and Poles are disgusted with him. If you mean with Ghaddafi, who calls him "my son" you might have a point. But who wants that loon as a friend?
Reinstated the war on terrorism? He banned the use of the term! He has changed the mission in Afghanistan and made parameters such that it is unwinnable. He is ignoring the advice of his own generals.

More like:
Need more?

Again, the economic landscape required those actions. Looks like you're another one who doesn't get it yet.

Many Iraq troops were finally moved to Afghanistan, which no one knows if Bush would have done. There is now a firm deadline for combat troop withdrawal.

Keep going! This is FUN!

He's been top notch at telling false anecdotes.
He's been Number One in alienating people not drinking his kool aid.
He's done a bang up job letting others set his policies.
He's first rate at poll watching.
He has no peer when it comes to selling allies down the river.
He is A Number One at appointing morons, tax cheats, and America-Haters to positions of authority
Yup, Obama is definitely better than Bush!

Is that supposed to be an intellectual list as opposed to the stupid one?

For you there's no difference.
Point out what's wrong on it and we can talk. You might be right that Carter excelled in some of those things.

Sorry, pal, but your little "list" is way too broad to give an enlightened response. You'll need to make specific allegations for each. Otherwise, it's just another failed piece of schoolyard poopy.

RadiomanATL said:
It took Bush 8 years to appoint that many. It's taken Obama 250 days. To claim that the two are similar is intellectual dishonesty.

And I'm not criticizing either Obama or Bush for appointing as few or as many as they want. Czars are nothing more than presidential advisors in my book, and presidents can have as many as they want. I don't care. If a president wants to open themselves up to a defacto presidency by committee, thats their prerogative. It's their head on the chopping block, not the czars.

What I do care about is keeping the argument honest. And claiming b-b-b-b-b-but BOOOOOOSSSHHH is doing anything but that. Especially when the two situations are not comparable.

Czar is a nick name, not a job title

Czar has always been a nickname and not a job title. This is nothing new. Obama still has appointed more at a higher rate than other presidents.

Like I said though, I don't care. Thats his prerogative if he chooses to run his administration that way. I don't think it necessarily wise, but its up to him.

Please cite all those.

More like:
Need more?

Again, the economic landscape required those actions. Looks like you're another one who doesn't get it yet.

Many Iraq troops were finally moved to Afghanistan, which no one knows if Bush would have done. There is now a firm deadline for combat troop withdrawal.

Keep going! This is FUN!
It absolutely did not. The French and Germans had the same kind of melt down and their economies are doing well, even though they did not have the kind of "stimulus" Obama pushed.
There was always a firm deadline for withdrawl. That was negotiated under Bush. It hasn't changed under Obama.
Sheesh, get your facts right before you go blowing your mouth off.

at selling out, i mean apologizing for america ?

at appointing czars ?

at increasing deficits ?

at political scare tactics ?

at weakening our national defense ?

at being buddy buddy with brutal dictators ?

at uniting our country ?

at bi-partisanship ?

at making talk show appearances ?

at building cars ?

Wait, i got it:

At community organizing !

At reaching out to the world countries. the countries of the world except for Israel have more respect and a higher opinion of the USA than they have since prior to the Bush administration
He has appointed less czars than Bush
The deficits were started by Bush but Obama must pull back on the deficits over the next 3 years we will see what he does.
Political scare tactics?
He has refocused our war assets to Afghanistan where they should have been all along. He is bucking his parties request to pull out of Afghanistan by increasing troops in Afghanistan. He is refocusing strategies such as the missle defence to areas they will be more effective.
Every country in the world has more respect for the US including countries with brutal dictators. He has not given them anything. We have an opportunity to negotiate human rights in the countries with brutal dictators. We did not have this opportunity under Bush.
This country is torn on bipartisan lines. I don't think this is the result of Obama. All politicians are responsible.
He is visible to his constituents which Bush was not
The US car companies are building more cars than they were when he came into office.
He is a great community organizer.

What is your point except you do not really know what is going on in American politics

What's the point of trying (again and again and again) to explain it, Elmer. That lame list simply proves, again, that people like Driveby don't have a clue how much the entire landscape has changed since the economy tanked. And of course they're grasping at straws with the allegations that the country isn't safe anymore, blah blah blah.

It's pointless. So let the little children play.

tanked ? as in past tense ? :cuckoo:

And please point out where i said the country isn't safe ?

Other than that , your post was quite dazzling ...... :rolleyes:

At reaching out to the world countries. the countries of the world except for Israel have more respect and a higher opinion of the USA than they have since prior to the Bush administration

OH! Yeah DB.... Ya missed one... and this idiot was good enough to point it out.

SELLING OUT US ALLIES!

False...

False...

The US was spending in deficit when Bush came to power...

Yes! He must! Sadly he's stated that he'll be spending TWO THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS IN DEFICIT EVERY YEAR OF HIS ADMINISTRATION...

Reality... Dude...

He has? His administration has slapped on the most dangers Rules of Engagement in US History... where US troops are no longer entitled to fire upon an enemy firing on them, UNTIL THEY RECEIVE CLEARANCE TO DO SO...

TERRORISTS ARE BEING READ MIRANDA RIGHTS!

Would this be the party that spent the last 8 years DEMANDING THAT THEY WERE NOT APPEASING TO OUR TERRORIST ENEMIES BY DECLARING "AFGHANISTAN" AS THE "JUST WAR"?

This falls under selling out our allies... undermining US Security and appeasing our enemies...

Well golly... I for one have laid awake, unable to sleep for seconds... worried that countries with brutal dictators do not respect us...

not if you don't count the ONE THOUSAND MILLION DOLLARS that he gave Hamas.... or that he gave the Communist Russians, the pulling if US strategic Defense Missiles... pardoning the Lockerbie Bomber... and so on...

Well that's true... because Bush tended to just kick in the brtual dictator's door and kick the shit out of' em... take their countries and turn'em into free countries.

We can look to Mo'mar Kadafi... He took one look at President Hussein and we didn't hear a word fro that asshole for 8 years... Now President Hussein is running the US and we can't shut his ass up...

Yeah, but that's natural... people tend to oppose that which destroys their culture.

You're an idiot... that is patently absurd.

ROFLMNAO...

What communist isn't?

What is your point except you do not really know what is going on in American politics

ROFLMNAO... Oh now that is soe SWEET IRONY right there...

Publius you are completely illogical. You have zero credibility.
What ever Obama does you will criticize it. It does not matter what he does, if he does it in your mind it must be wrong.
Thoughtful, logical Obama critics do not take someone like you serious.

I think you know you are a little off balance.

If you had any idea how little I care about your opinion on anything, beyond the opportunity that you 'expressing your feelings' provides for me to belittle you; you wouldn't have wasted the time or server space to share that with me.

The only thing I'd add is how lovely it is that you managed to respond to my position to demonstrate your inability to address the position, through the advancement of a fallacious distraction...

SWEET FAIL...

DUMBASS!

Lets see.....
A recent poll of historians had George Bush ranked 39 out of 43 Presidents. He ranked lower than LBJ, Nixon, Carter or any modern president.

Miss him?

Not by a long shot. Obama is correcting much of the damage inflicted by Bush but still has a long way to go to remove the "Stink of Bush"

Bush destroyed what once was the Grand Old Party and his negative impact on his party will last a generation

Most of his policies are continuations of what Bush did.
So how is that "correcting" the damage?

Lets see????

Reversed the relaxation of environmental restrictions
Did he? What EO or Legislation did he sign to do that? Be specific...
Reinstated worker protections
Did he? What EO or Legislation did he sign to do that? Be specific...
Passed stimulus legislation
Yet nothing has been stimulated... except his falling poll numbers...
Banned Torture
Well... No... He actually reserved the exact same privilege that Bush reserved... nothing has actually changed on US policy with regard to how detainees are interviewed...
Repaired the damaged US reputation around the globe
Wow... in 8 whole months? Golly.... that must have been some REAL SERIOUS DAMAGE... a few apologies and 'everything's cool!'
Reinstated the war on terrorism by plussing up Afghanistan
Actually, he forbid federal employees from using the phrase 'war on terror' and increased the Rules of Engagement which is substantially increasing the risk to US troops, has delayed acting on the advise of his Generals in Afganistan and in so doing is seriously compromising that fight... and he's basically said that he's 'not comfortable with defining what winning that war might look like...

So pretty much the opposite of what you 'feel' is reality... is actual reality... which tends to indicate that you're presently residing in the state of Delusion.

How's the weather?

Please cite all those.

More like:
Need more?

Keep going! This is FUN!
It absolutely did not. The French and Germans had the same kind of melt down and their economies are doing well, even though they did not have the kind of "stimulus" Obama pushed.
There was always a firm deadline for withdrawl. That was negotiated under Bush. It hasn't changed under Obama.
Sheesh, get your facts right before you go blowing your mouth off.

A stimulus by any other name...

...the German government so far has cushioned job losses through state-sponsored corporate incentives that are also due to run out, leading many analysts to predict a further surge in the unemployment rate there in months ahead.

France and Germany Climb Out of Recession - washingtonpost.com

He has appointed less czars than Bush
The deficits were started by Bush but Obama must pull back on the deficits over the next 3 years we will see what he does.
Political scare tactics?
He has refocused our war assets to Afghanistan where they should have been all along. He is bucking his parties request to pull out of Afghanistan by increasing troops in Afghanistan. He is refocusing strategies such as the missle defence to areas they will be more effective.
Every country in the world has more respect for the US including countries with brutal dictators. He has not given them anything. We have an opportunity to negotiate human rights in the countries with brutal dictators. We did not have this opportunity under Bush.
This country is torn on bipartisan lines. I don't think this is the result of Obama. All politicians are responsible.
He is visible to his constituents which Bush was not
The US car companies are building more cars than they were when he came into office.
He is a great community organizer.

What's the point of trying (again and again and again) to explain it, Elmer. That lame list simply proves, again, that people like Driveby don't have a clue how much the entire landscape has changed since the economy tanked. And of course they're grasping at straws with the allegations that the country isn't safe anymore, blah blah blah.

It's pointless. So let the little children play.

tanked ? as in past tense ? :cuckoo:

And please point out where i said the country isn't safe ?

Other than that , your post was quite dazzling ...... :rolleyes:

By implication, fool, to-wit."at weakening our national defense ?"

Forum List

Back