Miss California Could Sue for Discrimination, Legal Analyst Says

And what would you have said had a straight judge reacted the same way had a contestant say they thought gay marriage was great?

If somebody said that who would be they discriminating against?

Who did she discriminate against, anyway? She expressed an opinion on a political issue. That's not discrimination.

What the judge did, however, is.

:lol:
the contestant for their opinion......and everyone would have lashed out at the judge for not being tollerant and accepting.....

Thanks. That's exactly the point I was trying to make.
So you ALL agree that Miss Cali is an intolerant tool? :lol:

:clap2:

If by "all" you mean "the handful of jerkwads who always show up and support the same narrow-minded, hostile, spoiled-child positions that you espouse", then yes.

What struck me most was the audiences reaction, boo's. The judge said this was the first time a contestant was booed.

The question was, IMO, valid, it addresses an on-going debate in the country. Her answer was truthful and anything else, from her, would be a lie.

So it addresses an "on-going debate". So what? How does that make it valid? Miss USA isn't a political positition. It's a freaking beauty contest. The winner isn't called upon to advocate political positions. They have a question-answering section to demonstrate the contestants' poise and skill at public speaking, not to ascertain political views. He had no business injecting his agenda into the contest.

Actually, you're wrong as usual. He had to receive approval for the question before he asked it. And he did. Meaning that the people who run the show, said he does have business injecting his agenda into the contest.

Cecilie1200 FAIL.

Here's a fair question: were any of the other contestants asked similar questions?

Also, did Perez know that Miss California was against gay marriage already and ask her that question to deliberately cost her the contest? Knowing Perez, yes, yes he did.

Ok, I've never watched the show, I didn't know that questions were drawn randomly from a jar, so strike my last comment.

However, she DID say that she thought it was great that America is a place where people could choose one or the other, and then she gave her opinion. So, his argument that he wanted her to say that it's a states' right issue is invalid, because she said that.

She was right. And the fact that we are reaching a critical mass of people that think that homosexual relationships should be recognized as "marriages" just shows how sick and degraded the United States culture is becoming.

Ok, I've never watched the show, I didn't know that questions were drawn randomly from a jar, so strike my last comment.

However, she DID say that she thought it was great that America is a place where people could choose one or the other, and then she gave her opinion. So, his argument that he wanted her to say that it's a states' right issue is invalid, because she said that.

According to Donald Trump, her answer got her as many points as it lost... and that she'd have lost anyway...regardless of the side on whcih her answer came down.

If the tables were turned and she said she believes gay marriage is great, and the person who asked her was James Dobson and he'd given her a goose egg, there would be all kinds of shit about suing.

But because she gave a conservative answer, she needs to just suck it up?

Yeah OK.

I bet he votes Republican.

I don't care how he (rr1) votes so long as he does it legally. But I'll tell you this -- I would vote for him if he ran for office. Too bad the spineless leaders in D.C. don't stand up and say the same thing.

It's sad that a person is asked a simple question and when they give an honest answer they are punished. Where's the free speech. On the other hand, a queer can call a person a bitch, get away with it as though it is nothing. The truth is our country has become so PC many in the media and many citizens will not speak up to a queer when they are out of order.

I guess had Don Imus been a flaming fag he would still have his job.

Forum List

Back