Misrepresenting Libertarianism

JB actually made a good point on another thread.

Owning a gun doesn't give you the right to use it to violate someone's civil rights.

Neither does owning a business.

Owning a gun doesn't give you the right to use it to violate someone's civil rights.

But do you have a right to do business with whom you please?

Do you have a right to not do business with whom you don't please?

Again, I propose that the act was necessitated and justified by the need to break the system, but only due to the circumstances. It should not be used as a precedent for Law outside of equal circumstances. I see no justification for laws today, as I see no equally abhorrent and oppressive system [in the USA] that need be broken.

At the time, it was far the lesser of two evils. Today, it seems the greater of the two evils presented to us, the other being allowing what isolated discrimination is likely to be implemented that is not already so, should this law become null.

But do you have a right to do business with whom you please?

Do you have a right to not do business with whom you don't please?

Again, I propose that the act was necessitated and justified by the need to break the system, but only due to the circumstances. It should not be used as a precedent for Law outside of equal circumstances. I see no justification for laws today, as I see no equally abhorrent and oppressive system [in the USA] that need be broken.

At the time, it was far the lesser of two evils. Today, it seems the greater of the two evils presented to us, the other being allowing what isolated discrimination is likely to be implemented that is not already so, should this law become null.
Yes to both your questions. No one is forcing anyone to be a restaurant or hotel owner.

It is easy enough to only associate with those you wish to associate with.

The only reason Civil Rights is under debate is because the majority of Americans elected a man of color as POTUS.
That alone scares the crap out of those already inclined to prejudice and fear of change. Consider, Obama is president, he's an honors graduate of one of the best law schools in our country and he's not white. It's enough to make a grown man of limited potential cry (or at least whine a dozen times a day on the internet).
Dude proudly claims to have never opened a psychology text book, too bad, he might find the archetype of the 'distrubed' crownd he echos/echos him on this MB.

Choose to live in a neighborhoold that is made up of your own kind. Become a shut in. Operate a business that is not open to the public.

Any of those would work.

Under the CRA you cannot refuse to sell a home to someone based on race, religion, or national origin. I don't have that option, even if I wanted it.

The only reason Civil Rights is under debate is because the majority of Americans elected a man of color as POTUS.
That alone scares the crap out of those already inclined to prejudice and fear of change. Consider, Obama is president, he's an honors graduate of one of the best law schools in our country and he's not white. It's enough to make a grown man of limited potential cry (or at least whine a dozen times a day on the internet).
Dude proudly claims to have never opened a psychology text book, too bad, he might find the archetype of the 'distrubed' crownd he echos/echos him on this MB.

The only reason it is under debate is the Democrats keep playing the race card on anyone who disagrees with him.

Choose to live in a neighborhoold that is made up of your own kind. Become a shut in. Operate a business that is not open to the public.

Any of those would work.

Under the CRA you cannot refuse to sell a home to someone based on race, religion, or national origin. I don't have that option, even if I wanted it.
That isn't quite the same thing as finding a neighborhood that contains like minded people.

They do exist.

Any of those would work.

That isn't quite the same thing as finding a neighborhood that contains like minded people.

They do exist.

Prove it.

Forum List

Back