Mishaal discusses alternatives to Rafah tunnels with Egyptian officials

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by P F Tinmore, Oct 8, 2012.

1. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,920
    CAIRO, (PIC)-- Political bureau chairman of Hamas Khaled Mishaal discussed with Egyptian officials alternatives to the closing of Rafah tunnels that supply besieged Gaza Strip with vital supplies.

Mishaal met with Egyptian intelligence chief Ra’fat Shehada along with other officials over the past two days in Cairo and discussed Arab and Palestinian developments.

Well informed Palestinian sources told the PIC reporter in Cairo that Gaza developments topped the agenda of Mishaal’s talks in light of the continuation of the siege and the scarcity of medicines and food supplies.

The Hamas leader called for opening the Rafah border crossing on permanent basis.

They said that Mishaal asked the Egyptian officials to consider means of solving the power crisis in Gaza and the Palestinian proposal of establishing a free trade zone between Gaza and Egypt.

Mishaal discusses alternatives to Rafah tunnels with Egyptian officials

2. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,984
    Good idea----the border between Egypt and Gaza should be FULLY OPENED------why egypt wants Gaza to be under siege is a mystery to me. They seem to want to go back to the pre 1967 era when the Egyptians kept Gazans behind barbed wire and without running water or electricity -----and virtually no medical care. The kids were not even getting infant inoculations----the egyptians---clearly, wanted them dead. thanks to them I saw the ONLY CASE of Brucellosis-----I ever saw in my life-----and likely will ever see------gross medical neglect does do wonders for bringing out medical ODDITIES

3. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,452
    Let not your heart be troubled, Tinmore, the Estelle will come charging in any day now.

4. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    Why in the world would Egypt close the Gaza border on their noble peace loving, life loving Arab Palestinian brothers? Boy that's a tough question, huh Tinmore?

5. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,452
    Tunnels in the desert is a risky business.Better ask for hardtopped roads.