Misdirection

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Something just occurred to me and it has to do with the so called torture memos. and the resulting hullabaloo.

Now our "leaders" have known about this stuff for years, hell we all knew about it too. So why bring all this fanfare, controversy and speculation of prosecution to the forefront?

All this torture crap is a misdirection, a distraction from something that the Obama administration doesn't want us paying attention to. how much do you want to bet that the administration is trying to slip something by us?

gee skull using your logic....we didnt need trials at nuremberg?

people pay for what they do....even administrators...now i am not comparing bush to hilter just point out the flaw in that logic...or perhaps a better one william calley...we all knew things like that were happening...so why not just give them a free pass?

think about it?

gee skull using your logic....we didnt need trials at nuremberg?

people pay for what they do....even administrators...now i am not comparing bush to hilter just point out the flaw in that logic...or perhaps a better one william calley...we all knew things like that were happening...so why not just give them a free pass?

think about it?

So sleep deprivation is now tantamount to the extermination of 6 million people?

how much do you want to bet that the administration is trying to slip something by us?

That I would not doubt, but maybe trying to get the peoples opinion before hushing or going forward, because with so many stupid mistakes including this ...

there was a wee bit more than sleep deprivation..and no i am not saying it compares with the killing of 6 million jews/poles/gypsies....but all "crimes" by previous admins should be investigated..to say that the current admin is using the sins of the past to cover their own is a bit much...but it could be reality

Something just occurred to me and it has to do with the so called torture memos. and the resulting hullabaloo.

Now our "leaders" have known about this stuff for years, hell we all knew about it too. So why bring all this fanfare, controversy and speculation of prosecution to the forefront?

All this torture crap is a misdirection, a distraction from something that the Obama administration doesn't want us paying attention to. how much do you want to bet that the administration is trying to slip something by us?

Like what's going on with financials? Lots going on, but it's all 'torture and investigate...' Links to WaPo and WSJ at site:

Josh Gerstein's Blog: Was Freddie pressured to toe Obama line? - POLITICO.com

April 23, 2009
Categories: Obama Administration

Was Freddie pressured to toe Obama line?
Both the Washington Post and Wall Street Journal are reporting that Freddie Mac's Chief Financial Officer, David Kellermann, who was found dead Wednesday in an apparent suicide, was involved in recent months in a heated dispute with Freddie's regulator over how to reflect costs of President Obama's anti-foreclosure program.

The Post said Kellermann and other Freddie officials "tussled" with the Federal Housing Finance Agency early last month as the company prepared to file a quarterly report with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Top executives, including Kellermann, were insistent that Freddie Mac inform shareholders of the cost to the company of helping carry out the Obama administration's housing recovery plan, the two newspapers reported. The Post, citing several unnamed sources, said the regulators "urged the company not to do so." An unnamed FHFA official who spoke to the Post disputed that, "saying the regulator did not oppose disclosure but how the information was portrayed in the filing."

In the end, FHFA reportedly retreated and Freddie formally disclosed that the Obama anti-foreclosure plan could force the firm, which is in a federal government conservatorship, to take a pre-tax charge of $30 billion.

While the Obama administration might not want to have the pricetag for its foreclosure efforts look too big, the reason regulators may have pressured Fannie to understate the cost of the program is pretty simple: both Obama and Geithner said publicly that it wouldn't have a material financial impact on Fannie or Freddie.

As Obama unveiled his foreclosure program at an event in Mesa, Ariz. on February 18, he said: "While Fannie and Freddie would receive less money in payments, this would be balanced out by a reduction in defaults and foreclosures."

And when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner briefed reporters at the Mesa speech he said, in response to a question from POLITICO, that officials at Fannie and Freddie had concluded that the program to ease refinancing rules would actually benefit the firms' bottom lines.

“Fannie and Freddie believe that the program we announced--this refinancing program is economically sensible for them and will leave them overall in a better position going forward," Geithner said. The relevant part of the program allowed homeowners with Fannie and Freddie backed loans to refinance even if their loan represented more than 80% of the value of the home, as long as it did not exceed 105% of the home's value.

At the same briefing, Housing Secretary Shaun Donovan did say there would be a cost to Freddie and Fannie to modify some mortgages, but he said that cost would be covered by the federal TARP program.

That said, it's unclear to what degree FHFA would feel obligated to carry water for the Obama administration. FHFA Director James Lockhart had a high ranking post at the Social Security Administration under President Bush and was appointed by Bush in 2006 to head up Fannie and Freddie's regulator at the time, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight.

and this:

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Why Is Venture Capital Under Assault?

and this:

GM Is Becoming a Royal Debacle - WSJ.com

and this:

TARP Cops - Megan McArdle

Holy cow Skull I was just thinking this same thing this morning. Obama is a planner, he is organized, he works well within agendas . . . . what's his left hand doing while his right hand is going after Bush and co.? If his name was Dick, I'd call him tricky.

Obama is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations.(CFR)
Timothy Geithner is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations.(CFR)
Henry Kissinger is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations. (CFR)
David Rockefeller was the youngest director of Council of Foreing Relations in 1949.(CFR)
George Soros director of CFR
Dick Cheney director of CFR
Alan Greenspan director of CFR

Kissinger was Geithners first boss.

In 1987 AIG appointed Kissinger as chairman of AIG's International Advisory Board

Tmothy Geithner was director of the Policy Development and Review Department at the International Monetary Fund from 2001 until 2003.

Obama is pushing to give 100 billion dollars to IMF, also got a pledge of 1 trillion at G-20 summit.

Chase Manhatten Bank is a Rockefeller bank, they host many meeting for the World Bank and the IMF, three or four of the presidents of Chase have gone on to the World Bank. I admit I dont have much on the the IMF and Rockefellers at this time, it takes time to dig up the information but if anyone is interested these ties between the biggest bank in the world, Kissinger, Geithner, AIG are eye openers.

I am stumbling across some of this information for the first time.

I have know of connections between Rockefellers and the IMF, I knew about Kissinger and Rockefeller for a long time, my big surprise is how close Geithner is to Kissinger, Kissinger who is a Rockefeller man.

Venezuela and the Chavez handshake, Exxon/Mobil which was ESSO whish was Standard Oil is a Rockefeller company, they developed much of Venezuela's oil and lost that investment around 1976 (I think this was the year) when the oil industry of Venezuela was nationalized.

What would the Obama administration have to hide

Far as I can tell, every administration is ALWAYS trying to slip something past the media and the public.

We might have KNOWN about it for years, but the previous administration was not about to indict itself.

With 100's of thousands of people openly defying him (BO) combined with the all to real potential that this open defiance is going to grow over the coming months and years, I think this will be to tool to keep the Loon's focused on something that everybody finds despicable for quite some time.

Because it's only recently that it has become clear that Bush & Company signed off on these torture policies at the highest levels. IN fact, the buck stops on W's desk.

And, again, because it always seems to rear it's ugly head, I voted for him. Twice.

More than likely, if we take history in to consideration, it is just a coverup for the actual torturing itself.

They will go through these supposedly bipartisan investigations, yah dee dah, only to come to the conclusion of clearing all involved....

Similar to the warren commision, the 911 commission etc...all to clear any wrong doing, even if wrong doing was actually done.... :(

Care

More than likely, if we take history in to consideration, it is just a coverup for the actual torturing itself.

They will go through these supposedly bipartisan investigations, yah dee dah, only to come to the conclusion of clearing all involved....

Similar to the warren commision, the 911 commission etc...all to clear any wrong doing, even if wrong doing was actually done.... :(

Care
I agree, Care, but until then, this issue will be the source of much divisive debate. This isn't going to go away anytime soon.

Like what's going on with financials? Lots going on, but it's all 'torture and investigate...' Links to WaPo and WSJ at site:

April 23, 2009

Both the Washington Post and Wall Street Journal are reporting that Freddie Mac's Chief Financial Officer, David Kellermann, who was found dead Wednesday in an apparent suicide, was involved in recent months in a heated dispute with Freddie's regulator over how to reflect costs of President Obama's anti-foreclosure program.

The Post said Kellermann and other Freddie officials "tussled" with the Federal Housing Finance Agency early last month as the company prepared to file a quarterly report with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Top executives, including Kellermann, were insistent that Freddie Mac inform shareholders of the cost to the company of helping carry out the Obama administration's housing recovery plan, the two newspapers reported. The Post, citing several unnamed sources, said the regulators "urged the company not to do so." An unnamed FHFA official who spoke to the Post disputed that, "saying the regulator did not oppose disclosure but how the information was portrayed in the filing."

In the end, FHFA reportedly retreated and Freddie formally disclosed that the Obama anti-foreclosure plan could force the firm, which is in a federal government conservatorship, to take a pre-tax charge of $30 billion.

While the Obama administration might not want to have the pricetag for its foreclosure efforts look too big, the reason regulators may have pressured Fannie to understate the cost of the program is pretty simple: both Obama and Geithner said publicly that it wouldn't have a material financial impact on Fannie or Freddie.

As Obama unveiled his foreclosure program at an event in Mesa, Ariz. on February 18, he said: "While Fannie and Freddie would receive less money in payments, this would be balanced out by a reduction in defaults and foreclosures."

And when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner briefed reporters at the Mesa speech he said, in response to a question from POLITICO, that officials at Fannie and Freddie had concluded that the program to ease refinancing rules would actually benefit the firms' bottom lines.

“Fannie and Freddie believe that the program we announced--this refinancing program is economically sensible for them and will leave them overall in a better position going forward," Geithner said. The relevant part of the program allowed homeowners with Fannie and Freddie backed loans to refinance even if their loan represented more than 80% of the value of the home, as long as it did not exceed 105% of the home's value.

At the same briefing, Housing Secretary Shaun Donovan did say there would be a cost to Freddie and Fannie to modify some mortgages, but he said that cost would be covered by the federal TARP program.

That said, it's unclear to what degree FHFA would feel obligated to carry water for the Obama administration. FHFA Director James Lockhart had a high ranking post at the Social Security Administration under President Bush and was appointed by Bush in 2006 to head up Fannie and Freddie's regulator at the time, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight.

and this:

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Why Is Venture Capital Under Assault?

and this:

and this:

I am not prone to conspiracy, but this amount of information does give pause.

And yesterday's suicide of the CFO just seems.......too convenient?

April 23, 2009

and this:

and this:

and this:

The thing is, all of annie's info is out there in the media, it is not hidden or she would not have been able to post anything on it...so this is why I do not believe it is to "cover" what she is stating, because it is NOT being covered up....the info is out there.

the death of the guy from fannie mae is very concerning...I don't see any possible link to the government needing to rid themselves of him though and see this as nothing but extreme speculation....there would equally be a reason for Freddie owners to OUT him and i just can't go there.... other than for a second or two. :eek:

care

The thing is, all of annie's info is out there in the media, it is not hidden or she would not have been able to post anything on it...so this is why I do not believe it is to "cover" what she is stating, because it is NOT being covered up....the info is out there.

the death of the guy from fannie mae is very concerning...I don't see any possible link to the government needing to rid themselves of him though and see this as nothing but extreme speculation....there would equally be a reason for Freddie owners to OUT him and i just can't go there.... other than for a second or two. :eek:

care

Actually Care, it's not all that easy to find, have to look for it, as if this change in banking nonsense isn't big news. These are not articles found on the front page. These are often in obscure publications and when in MSM, buried deep. It's not amusing.

Because it's only recently that it has become clear that Bush & Company signed off on these torture policies at the highest levels. IN fact, the buck stops on W's desk.

And, again, because it always seems to rear it's ugly head, I voted for him. Twice.

Only became clear?

We knew it was going on so who do you think did sign off?

And I never voted for Bush. To use liberal logic; You voted for bush and Bush sucks so you suck too.

Yeah it is. Nothing but.

What I see is consituency politics and an increasingly irrelevant MSM needing story material. Anyone paying the slightest attention to political events in Washington knew all about the waterboarding. The whole thing is a load, but like many of the insipid things the politician-media run with, there is high potential to do harm. I doubt they care.

Forum List

Back