Misdirection

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Skull Pilot, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    Something just occurred to me and it has to do with the so called torture memos. and the resulting hullabaloo.

Now our "leaders" have known about this stuff for years, hell we all knew about it too. So why bring all this fanfare, controversy and speculation of prosecution to the forefront?

All this torture crap is a misdirection, a distraction from something that the Obama administration doesn't want us paying attention to. how much do you want to bet that the administration is trying to slip something by us?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    gee skull using your logic....we didnt need trials at nuremberg?

people pay for what they do....even administrators...now i am not comparing bush to hilter just point out the flaw in that logic...or perhaps a better one william calley...we all knew things like that were happening...so why not just give them a free pass?

think about it?

3. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    So sleep deprivation is now tantamount to the extermination of 6 million people?

4. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    That I would not doubt, but maybe trying to get the peoples opinion before hushing or going forward, because with so many stupid mistakes including this ...

5. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    there was a wee bit more than sleep deprivation..and no i am not saying it compares with the killing of 6 million jews/poles/gypsies....but all "crimes" by previous admins should be investigated..to say that the current admin is using the sins of the past to cover their own is a bit much...but it could be reality

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Like what's going on with financials? Lots going on, but it's all 'torture and investigate...' Links to WaPo and WSJ at site:

Josh Gerstein's Blog: Was Freddie pressured to toe Obama line? - POLITICO.com

and this:

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Why Is Venture Capital Under Assault?

and this:

GM Is Becoming a Royal Debacle - WSJ.com

and this:

TARP Cops - Megan McArdle

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    suddenly yall expect countablitlity by the press?

8. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,125
    Holy cow Skull I was just thinking this same thing this morning. Obama is a planner, he is organized, he works well within agendas . . . . what's his left hand doing while his right hand is going after Bush and co.? If his name was Dick, I'd call him tricky.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. krotchdog

krotchdog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Obama is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations.(CFR)
    Timothy Geithner is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations.(CFR)
    Henry Kissinger is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations. (CFR)
    David Rockefeller was the youngest director of Council of Foreing Relations in 1949.(CFR)
    George Soros director of CFR
    Dick Cheney director of CFR
    Alan Greenspan director of CFR

Kissinger was Geithners first boss.

In 1987 AIG appointed Kissinger as chairman of AIG's International Advisory Board

Tmothy Geithner was director of the Policy Development and Review Department at the International Monetary Fund from 2001 until 2003.

Obama is pushing to give 100 billion dollars to IMF, also got a pledge of 1 trillion at G-20 summit.

Chase Manhatten Bank is a Rockefeller bank, they host many meeting for the World Bank and the IMF, three or four of the presidents of Chase have gone on to the World Bank. I admit I dont have much on the the IMF and Rockefellers at this time, it takes time to dig up the information but if anyone is interested these ties between the biggest bank in the world, Kissinger, Geithner, AIG are eye openers.

I am stumbling across some of this information for the first time.

I have know of connections between Rockefellers and the IMF, I knew about Kissinger and Rockefeller for a long time, my big surprise is how close Geithner is to Kissinger, Kissinger who is a Rockefeller man.

Venezuela and the Chavez handshake, Exxon/Mobil which was ESSO whish was Standard Oil is a Rockefeller company, they developed much of Venezuela's oil and lost that investment around 1976 (I think this was the year) when the oil industry of Venezuela was nationalized.

What would the Obama administration have to hide

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Far as I can tell, every administration is ALWAYS trying to slip something past the media and the public.

We might have KNOWN about it for years, but the previous administration was not about to indict itself.