Miracle Whip is NOT mayonaise.

A few more...

Hydrox ain't Oreos

Cheese Nips ain't Cheez itz

Beamish and Murphy's sure as shit ain't Guinness

I can't believe anyone would eat his shit instead of butter is definitely not butter

But the absolute lamest thing ever is that you can't find REAL buttermilk anywhere anymore. And that's a damn shame because Irish bread just ain't the same with the fake shit.

I usually buy the smallest container of Miracle Whip and mayonnaise I can find because it always seems to go bad before I can use it all. Sandwiches, butter is fine with me. Tuna, I eat that mostly in mac and cheese. So I rarely use it. Is there something one can do to make it last longer without going bad?
Not really. But, you can add a lil' lemon juice. The acidity will buy you a couple o' weeks, but that's about it. Friggin' around with raw egg products can be a dicey situation, but acidic add ins will buy ya' a lil' more time. Commercial brands are loaded with preservatives. They should last up to 3 months. But, they certainly don't add up to a pleasant flavor. Of the commercial brands, Hellmans (AKA "BEST FOODS" here on the west coast) has the best flavor. Miracle whip is loaded with newfangled crap, Hence that weird coating it leaves on the tongue when eaten. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

Thanks for the tip. I usually don't even bother buying mayo. I use the Miracle Whip in/on most everything. Egg Salad being what I use it in the most... and with that, I think I'll put a half dozen eggs on to boil... :D

Just a "touch" of each in Egg Salad: salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, and then add Miracle Whip to your desired consistency.
Also try adding a lil' smoked paprika to that egg salad, or even deviled eggs. I guarantee you'll be hooked!

A few more...

Hydrox ain't Oreos

Cheese Nips ain't Cheez itz

Beamish and Murphy's sure as shit ain't Guinness

I can't believe anyone would eat his shit instead of butter is definitely not butter

But the absolute lamest thing ever is that you can't find REAL buttermilk anywhere anymore. And that's a damn shame because Irish bread just ain't the same with the fake shit.

Hey!

:pout: I like Cheese Nips.

Well kiddies, it's been fun discussing the virtues of mayo and such. But, we've got a couple o' fires raging a few miles from here and the smoke and it's odor is gettin' to me. Time to fire up the chopper and take a lil' ride up PCH for some clean air and lunch. This damn thread has made me hungry as all get out. Ya' all have an excellent day!

As a classicly trained, Le Cordon Bleu certified professional chef (retired), I must say that this is one of the funniest threads I've seen up here. Prop's to the O.P. for making me laugh!
BTW, no, miracle whip is not mayonnaise. At least not in the classical way!

I always thought it was mayo but with spices and sugar.

it is, but mw has less fat and more sugar

MW=Ingredients: Water, soybean oil, vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, modified food starch, eggs, salt, mustard flour, artificial color, potassium sorbate as a preservative, paprika, spice, natural flavor, dried garlic.

Hellmans=INGREDIENTS: SOYBEAN OIL, WATER, WHOLE EGGS AND EGG YOLKS, VINEGAR, SALT, SUGAR, LEMON JUICE, NATURAL FLAVORS, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (USED TO PROTECT QUALITY).

Last edited:
Not really. But, you can add a lil' lemon juice. The acidity will buy you a couple o' weeks, but that's about it. Friggin' around with raw egg products can be a dicey situation, but acidic add ins will buy ya' a lil' more time. Commercial brands are loaded with preservatives. They should last up to 3 months. But, they certainly don't add up to a pleasant flavor. Of the commercial brands, Hellmans (AKA "BEST FOODS" here on the west coast) has the best flavor. Miracle whip is loaded with newfangled crap, Hence that weird coating it leaves on the tongue when eaten. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

Thanks for the tip. I usually don't even bother buying mayo. I use the Miracle Whip in/on most everything. Egg Salad being what I use it in the most... and with that, I think I'll put a half dozen eggs on to boil... :D

Just a "touch" of each in Egg Salad: salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, and then add Miracle Whip to your desired consistency.
Also try adding a lil' smoked paprika to that egg salad, or even deviled eggs. I guarantee you'll be hooked!

Makin' some now, thanks for the tip bro.

Be safe on the chop, and have fun. I know I do every time I take out the scoot... :beer:

New Topics

Forum List

Back