Miracle Whip is NOT mayonaise.

As a classicly trained, Le Cordon Bleu certified professional chef (retired), I must say that this is one of the funniest threads I've seen up here. Prop's to the O.P. for making me laugh!
BTW, no, miracle whip is not mayonnaise. At least not in the classical way!

As a classicly trained, Le Cordon Bleu certified professional chef (retired), I must say that this is one of the funniest threads I've seen up here. Prop's to the O.P. for making me laugh!

I always thought it was mayo but with spices and sugar.

I'd be interested in why you thought it was so funny... :eusa_eh:

It's just funny to listen to people discuss the trials and tribulations of friggin' mayo! You know, like we don't have more important things to discuss like Obama taking everything this great country stands for straight down the friggin' tubes!
BTW, Pale, go check out your rep list. I just gave you a positive with an explanation as to why!
Have a great day!

It's just funny to listen to people discuss the trials and tribulations of friggin' mayo! You know, like we don't have more important things to discuss like Obama taking everything this great country stands for straight down the friggin' tubes!
BTW, Pale, go check out your rep list. I just gave you a positive with an explanation as to why!
Have a great day!
I'll tell ya though WJ, people need to take a break from discussing politics. I know I do. That's why the board has so many different sections for discussion. I go days here without ever going near the politics section. It just gets my blood pressure up to fast. So it's fun to come in here and just chat about senseless things for fun.

My mom used to make "real" mayonnaise... :D

Have a great day!
I'll tell ya though WJ, people need to take a break from discussing politics. I know I do. That's why the board has so many different sections for discussion. I go days here without ever going near the politics section. It just gets my blood pressure up to fast. So it's fun to come in here and just chat about senseless things for fun.

I hear ya'!
Oh, and i'm sure your moms mayo blew the commercial brands away. I know mine does.:eusa_drool:

Have a great day!

I hear ya'!
Oh, and i'm sure your moms mayo blew the commercial brands away. I know mine does.:eusa_drool:

I usually buy the smallest container of Miracle Whip and mayonnaise I can find because it always seems to go bad before I can use it all. Sandwiches, butter is fine with me. Tuna, I eat that mostly in mac and cheese. So I rarely use it. Is there something one can do to make it last longer without going bad?

I hear ya'!

I usually buy the smallest container of Miracle Whip and mayonnaise I can find because it always seems to go bad before I can use it all. Sandwiches, butter is fine with me. Tuna, I eat that mostly in mac and cheese. So I rarely use it. Is there something one can do to make it last longer without going bad?
Not really. But, you can add a lil' lemon juice. The acidity will buy you a couple o' weeks, but that's about it. Friggin' around with raw egg products can be a dicey situation, but acidic add ins will buy ya' a lil' more time. Commercial brands are loaded with preservatives. They should last up to 3 months. But, they certainly don't add up to a pleasant flavor. Of the commercial brands, Hellmans (AKA "BEST FOODS" here on the west coast) has the best flavor. Miracle whip is loaded with newfangled crap, Hence that weird coating it leaves on the tongue when eaten. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
And another thing, Cool Whip isn't %&*%$ whipped cream either! :evil:

cool whip isn't even close. the stuff in the cans is okay, but you gotta go home made with whipped cream, IMO.

There is certainly nothing like freshly whipped cream, no argument here. But when you raid the freezer at 11:30 for a bowl of ice cream, it's not like you're gonna pull out the Kitchen Aid mixer and make your own whipped cream when you can simply get it from the Redi-Whip can. :D

And another thing, Cool Whip isn't %&*%$ whipped cream either! :evil:

cool whip isn't even close. the stuff in the cans is okay, but you gotta go home made with whipped cream, IMO.

There is certainly nothing like freshly whipped cream, no argument here. But when you raid the freezer at 11:30 for a bowl of ice cream, it's not like you're gonna pull out the Kitchen Aid mixer and make your own whipped cream when you can simply get it from the Redi-Whip can. :D

i should have said "whenever possible" :lol:

I hear ya'!

Not really. But, you can add a lil' lemon juice. The acidity will buy you a couple o' weeks, but that's about it. Friggin' around with raw egg products can be a dicey situation, but acidic add ins will buy ya' a lil' more time. Commercial brands are loaded with preservatives. They should last up to 3 months. But, they certainly don't add up to a pleasant flavor. Of the commercial brands, Hellmans (AKA "BEST FOODS" here on the west coast) has the best flavor. Miracle whip is loaded with newfangled crap, Hence that weird coating it leaves on the tongue when eaten. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

Thanks for the tip. I usually don't even bother buying mayo. I use the Miracle Whip in/on most everything. Egg Salad being what I use it in the most... and with that, I think I'll put a half dozen eggs on to boil... :D

Just a "touch" of each in Egg Salad: salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery salt, and then add Miracle Whip to your desired consistency.

Last edited:
And it should be a crime to label anything as ketchup or catsup that isn't Heinz. Because it ain't ketchup, it's some worthless processed tomato product that tastes like shit.

Forum List

Back