Minority Leader Pelosi?

John Boehner as Speaker? We'll see if he can even get his ass off the bar stool to get anything accomplished.

I don't know whats up with that bar stool crack.:eusa_eh:

as to maddow and her litany of Pelosi' accomplishments, well your party just unwound and lost the mid west to say nothing of whats to be come of many of those states after redistricting etc.

this rhetoric flys in the face of reality which is, the dems went down to a generational defeat......from where I sit legislation that results in bipartisan sppt and greater ability to legislate and solidify gains is what gauges achievement, frankly it appears to me your mind is closed. You won battles and lost the war at the very least a Pyrrhic victory....bravo.....

From where i sit, the legislation that results in positive outcomes for Americans, improves our lives or makes the American dream accessible to more people is what gauges achievement. I don't care if 1% of the population supports it if it moves us forward.

And that might explain why you don't see the overwhelming success of Pelosi. She made tough decisions, forced through legislation that improved lives despite opposition, and worried little about how it impacted her own popularity.

Good to know. She won't mind being kicked to the curb then.

You have a strange view of our republic.

as to maddow and her litany of Pelosi' accomplishments, well your party just unwound and lost the mid west to say nothing of whats to be come of many of those states after redistricting etc.

this rhetoric flys in the face of reality which is, the dems went down to a generational defeat......from where I sit legislation that results in bipartisan sppt and greater ability to legislate and solidify gains is what gauges achievement, frankly it appears to me your mind is closed. You won battles and lost the war at the very least a Pyrrhic victory....bravo.....

From where i sit, the legislation that results in positive outcomes for Americans, improves our lives or makes the American dream accessible to more people is what gauges achievement. I don't care if 1% of the population supports it if it moves us forward.

And that might explain why you don't see the overwhelming success of Pelosi. She made tough decisions, forced through legislation that improved lives despite opposition, and worried little about how it impacted her own popularity.

You're right, if she's not re-elected for her stances she'll be kicked to the curb. She made the hard choices....a spine most Republicans wouldn't recognize, of course.

No, I don't. It's a Republic. We elect people to make decisions for us related to government. She was elected. She made hard decisions, and often unpopular decisions - that's what supposed to happen in a republic.

You're right, if she's not re-elected for her stances she'll be kicked to the curb. She made the hard choices....a spine most Republicans wouldn't recognize, of course.

No, I don't. It's a Republic. We elect people to make decisions for us related to government. She was elected. She made hard decisions, and often unpopular decisions - that's what supposed to happen in a republic.

I hear you, screw the will of the people.

I hear you, screw the will of the people.

That's why we have elections, where the will of the people matters and has repercussions. We don't run our legislature based on popular opinion.

BIG difference between will of the people and 1% of the popualtion as you stated.

Basically, you are just upset your agenda got trashed. Too damn bad.

John Boehner as Speaker? We'll see if he can even get his ass off the bar stool to get anything accomplished.

You have to wonder though if that legislation includes every single funding bill that has come through congress during her tenure. While yes, it's true that legislation voted on by congress is sometimes not popular, you would be hard pressed to find legislation that universally effects every single American being forced through as you say. In fact if you look at things like, Social Security, Medicare, and even the Volsted Act which outlawed Production, importation, and distribution of alcoholic beverages, you would be hard pressed to find legislation that was "forced" through.

Volsted Act... House 175-55 Senate 65-20
Medicare(Social Security Act 1965) House 307-116 Senate 70-24
Social Security Act House 372-33 Senate 77-6

Current Healthcare Bill House 220-215 Senate 60-40

So using the word "forced" is perhaps the very reason why she is not liked by many in this nation including, democrats, republicans, and independents. The facts are that there legislative agenda was not the legislative agenda of the American people but rather the legislative agenda of Nancy Pelosi and I might remind you that the speaker of the house is the speaker of the house not the speaker of the democratic house or for that matter Nancy Pelosi's house. You may want to look since her rise to that position what unemployment was and what it is now and wah tthe economy was and what it is now just as a start. Perhaps it's not a reflection so much on the party itself but rather a complete lack of caring what the voice of the American people want and thinking she knows whats best for them that lead to the demise of the Democrats in the house. Again, most companies and business in general would not want to put a person back in command who had led them to historical disaster, but again if that is the choice of house democrats them by all means continue as it will the democrat party more harm than good.

Forum List

Back