Minorities denied the vote

MJDuncan1982 said:
Our division is not Gore's fault. The people voted and were divided pretty much half and half.

So instead of having Gore concede like he initially wanted to do, he changed his mind had decided to drag it out for another 4 months. This brewed more hatred on the left and in turn anger grew on the right because of the ludicrous charges made by the left. Instead of just ending it right then and there and being a "Grown-up" he decided to cry about it and bring the country down with him. Had he led by example and said he concedes, many of the leftwing nuts we see today would have backed down as well.

MJDuncan1982 said:
I can play this game if you want...

Garbage - Gore took it to court to protect the rights of the people of FL.
in specific Democratically controlled districts in Florida.. Not a statewide recount.. If he was so concerned about the whole state then recount the state..
No Gore wanted the local dem's, who control the local elections in the foresaid dem districts to hand him ILLEGAL votes Guessed at votes. And the Florida Supreme Court basically unconstitutionally attempted to give him what he wanted.. Why? Florida Supreme Court controlled by Dems.. Something coming clear to you now?.. Gore tried to steal the election AND THAT"S THE FACTS.. Why are you deluding yourself? Can't face the truth?

I'm not well versed on the subject and I haven't read the case. I don't know what his intentions were (good or bad) as far as going to the courts but I can see reasonable speculation on each side.

It seems I slipped into an argument I didn't want to slip into nor was I adequately prepared to argue.

All I was attempting to explain is that if his intentions were just, there is nothing wrong, perhaps everything right, with using the courts to ensure that the voting rights of each voter were ensured the best they could.

-=d=- said:
American's can sometimes have issues with critical thinking; Liberals can play up to that in the media; immorral...unethical fockers.

And conservatives don't? LOL - your kidding right?

insein said:
So instead of having Gore concede like he initially wanted to do, he changed his mind had decided to drag it out for another 4 months. This brewed more hatred on the left and in turn anger grew on the right because of the ludicrous charges made by the left. Instead of just ending it right then and there and being a "Grown-up" he decided to cry about it and bring the country down with him. Had he led by example and said he concedes, many of the leftwing nuts we see today would have backed down as well.

Ummm... Bush decided to conceed first, then changed his mind.

wade said:
Ummm... Bush decided to conceed first, then changed his mind.

LOL wade go home. I think its dinner time. You obviously have no idea whats going on since you cant even get the littlest fact straight.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/12/13/gore.ends.campaign/

"I promised him that I wouldn't call him back this time," Gore quipped, referring to his Election Night concession to Bush he retracted an hour later. "I offered to meet with him as soon as possible so that we can start to heal the divisions of the campaign and the contest through which we just passed."

insein said:
LOL wade go home. I think its dinner time. You obviously have no idea whats going on since you cant even get the littlest fact straight.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/12/13/gore.ends.campaign/

If that is the retraction which is spoken of then it does not seem very dishonest. It seems Gore thought he lost FL and admitted defeat. However, he acquired new information (that FL was a tough call) and decided to wait and find out who really won before retracting.

Did I just jump back into what I wanted to remain out of?

Way before that Bush contacted Gore and conceeded the election, then called back and said he'd reconsidered.

MJDuncan1982 said:
If that is the retraction which is spoken of then it does not seem very dishonest. It seems Gore thought he lost FL and admitted defeat. However, he acquired new information (that FL was a tough call) and decided to wait and find out who really won before retracting.

Did I just jump back into what I wanted to remain out of?

Yes you did. Nixon was receiving numerous accusations that Kennedy and the Democrats had used voter fraud in chicago to narrowly win in Illinois. IT would have decided the election. Nixon felt that for the good of the country, he'd concede. Illinois was still up in the air potentially had he decided to gothrough and investigate. Same scenario, Nixon conceded, Gore retracted.

insein said:
Yes you did. Nixon was receiving numerous accusations that Kennedy and the Democrats had used voter fraud in chicago to narrowly win in Illinois. IT would have decided the election. Nixon felt that for the good of the country, he'd concede. Illinois was still up in the air potentially had he decided to gothrough and investigate. Same scenario, Nixon conceded, Gore retracted.

Perhaps Nixon did not do for the good of the country then. He possibly denied us the candidate that won the election.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Perhaps Nixon did not do for the good of the country then. He possibly denied us the candidate that won the election.

He felt that since the election was so close, it might create a further rift between the people. He didnt want to damage the country. He became president anyway, so it worked out.

Forum List

Back