Minnesota's publicly funded Islamic school

LordBrownTrout

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2007
South Texas Republic
Islamic Studies was also incorporated into the school day. “When I arrived, I was told ‘after school we have Islamic Studies,’ and I might have to stay for hall duty,” Getz said. “The teachers had written assignments on the blackboard for classes like math and social studies. Islamic Studies was the last one — the board said the kids were studying the Qu’ran. The students were told to copy it into their planner, along with everything else. That gave me the impression that Islamic Studies was a subject like any other.”

Taxpayer funded Islamic school

If this were a christian school funded by taxpayer dollars the ACLU would be descending on it like locusts.

Another poster example of why the separation of church and state is a good idea. Thankfully, the ACLU is preparing a lawsuit against these religious whackjobs.

What no replies about the ACLU taking action. Hmmmmm, I guess the original statement falls sort of flat.:lol:

And the left on this board would be screaming bloody murder on this thread if this were about a Christian school supported by the Government.

More drivel from the driveler. I don't see any lefties supporting this.

You need to use facts some times just for a change./:wtf:

Where is the HUE and CRY from our liberal buddies? Maineman? Reilly? Larkinn? Jillian? DCD? Rayboy? And all the rest?

Sorry. I just hadn't read the thread yet. I have no problem with religious studies being included in a public school curriculum as long as it is a comparative and critical study of religion generally. That doesn't appear to be the case in this instance, so I disagree with this. I am all for a stricter separation of church and state.

Satisfied?

What no replies about the ACLU taking action. Hmmmmm, I guess the original statement falls sort of flat.:lol:

More drivel from the driveler. I don't see any lefties supporting this.

You need to use facts some times just for a change./:wtf:

What facts?

I have yet to see a link to where the ACLU is preparing a case against this school....

Just because someone said it doesnt make it so.

I did but I found nothing....

So are you telling me you cant provide a link?

No, I'm not telling you that. I'm telling you to have a little initiative and investigate things you read on message boards yourself. It's really not that difficult.

I don't know enough about what charter schools are to be able to know what to say. If charter schools aren't allowed to teach other religions, then they shouldn't be allowed to teach this.

Also, I have to say that I do think that there is a lot of value in teaching all kids about Islam, just the basics without presenting it as "look at how great this is, don't you want to be one?"
The more you know about your enemy, the better off you are. Not that all of Islam is our enemy, but sticking our heads in the sand and not learning how they think is not going to do us any good.

We have a shortage of people who can translate the languages the military need translated, too. Maybe if we get kids exposed to this stuff as kind of a cultural discovery kind of thing, later on in life they'll be interested in learning the languages and working for the government or military.

Forum List

Back