Minnesota's Long Purple Hostage Crisis is Over

I'll believe it when football season is in full swing.

Too bad he didn't go out with the Packers, the way he should have.

{In my opinion, and I like Brett Favre}

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The happiest guy in football has to be Sage Rosenfels.

He's gonna kick the snot out of Tavaris Jackson for the starting job.

Jackson couldn't start a lawn mower.

This is bittersweet for me. As a Packer Backer, I never wanted to see Favre in purple. However, the guy is a joy to watch play. I wanted to see him sling the ball for another season, just not in purple.

Anyway, it has been a helluva career.

What the Vikes have to look forward to.

nfl_a_rosenfels-jackson01_576.jpg

They won a Super Bowl for Williams.

Barring injury to key players or piss poor coaching (which is a distinct possibility with Brad Childress), and Rosenfels puts in even a slightly above average performance (which is way beyond the grasp of Jackson), the Vikes have all the pieces to go the distance.

If they don't make it to the conference championship game, I bet Childress is gone.

The happiest guy in football has to be Sage Rosenfels.

I wouldn't say that he's the happiest guy in football. The happiest guy would be one that was on a team likely to make the playoffs.

But, he is probably the happiest guy named "Sage".

Crimson, weren't you the one saying a few weeks ago the Vikings would most likey win the Super Bowl this year if they signed Favre?

Crimson, weren't you the one saying a few weeks ago the Vikings would most likey win the Super Bowl this year if they signed Favre?

Yes. Favre was the missing link. They now have a bunch of tools that neither QB knows how to use. Safeties are not gonna be afraid of Rosenfels or Jackson and therefore Peterson won't have any daylight to run to.

They might make the playoffs now, but they won't go deep. IMHO, I see the Bears taking the division.

Forum List

Back