Minnesota will be the surpise state this election

I grew up in Minneapolis....I know the history, I know the politics....I was in town during that election cycle.

I'm here to tell you that you haven't the first fucking idea how that election shook out the way it did and why.

That's just some blanket denial BS. I'm very studied up on the history and culture of Minnesota and I've lived there also. Ventura won because he went on a rock star jesus tour. And when he actually took office, he was not above the fray. Sound like anyone else you know?
Blanket denial nothing...Ventura won because of one of the greatest political miscalculations by a politician in American history....A campaign in which he single-handedly destroyed any further political aspirations of Skip Humphrey.

You're out of your league here, Scooter.

I grew up in Minneapolis....I know the history, I know the politics....I was in town during that election cycle.

I'm here to tell you that you haven't the first fucking idea how that election shook out the way it did and why.

That's just some blanket denial BS. I'm very studied up on the history and culture of Minnesota and I've lived there also. Ventura won because he went on a rock star jesus tour. And when he actually took office, he was not above the fray. Sound like anyone else you know?
Blanket denial nothing...Ventura won because of one of the greatest political miscalculations by a politician in American history....A campaign in which he single-handedly destroyed any further political aspirations of Skip Humphrey.

You're out of your league here, Scooter.

You're giving me a effect of the outcome, not a cause for the outcome.

The cause: Skip Humphrey invited Ventura into the face-off between himself and Norm Coleman, because he foolishly believed that Ventura would take away votes from Coleman and make him governor....He failed to recognize the Ventura was a seasoned political campaigner with broad populist appeal, from his days as mayor of Brooklyn Park.

Ventura's campaign not only equally took voters away from Coleman and Humphrey, it also heavily targeted voters who don't normally show up, resulting on a 15% higher than normal turnout, virtually all of which went to him.

He also kicked the living shit out of both Humphrey and Coleman in the debates.

Face it...You have NFI.

The cause: Skip Humphrey invited Ventura into the face-off between himself and Norm Coleman, because he foolishly believed that Ventura would take away votes from Coleman and make him governor....He failed to recognize the Ventura was a seasoned political campaigner with broad populist appeal, from his days as mayor of Brooklyn Park.

Ventura's campaign not only equally took voters away from Coleman and Humphrey, it also heavily targeted voters who don't normally show up, resulting on a 15% higher than normal turnout, virtually all of which went to him.

He also kicked the living shit out of both Humphrey and Coleman in the debates.

Face it...You have NFI.

Ventura was ahead in polls before the debates. They weren't just allowing him to be there. Dems/Pubs never do that unless they need to gain ground.

I have no doubt that Ventura may have done well in those debates; but he won on a marketing campaign, just like Obama did in 08.

He was a one-man marketing campaign, you fool.

I was there in real time...You only claim to have "studied" the situation after the fact.

You have NFI.

He understood Minnesotans propensity to be star struck and he used it to his advantage. He doesn't get 1,000's of people (mostly younger voters) to his rallies if he's not a WWE superstar. They weren't there because of their job approval for his stint at Brooklyn Park.

And Skip Humphrey wouldn't have been in the race if his name wasn't "Humphrey"...So what?

My point would be that you're arguing like a bo-tard. This is your original refutation:

Ventura one largely because he inspired a 15% higher than normal turnout, almost all of which voted for him.

My point speaks exactly to what you said.

Then I had stated:

Ventura basically invented the celebrity politician stumping against failure that Obama used in 08.

You refuted that point like a jackass; giving no reasoning for your BS and you've personally insulted me many times now; so I'm going to finally reply to them: EAT MY ASS BITCH.

And think about this. My point was spot on:

Ventura and Obama were both relative nobodies who capitalized upon a celebrity type status to rise. They both feasted upon the younger population. They both heavily blamed their predecessors. They both acted like political jesuses and then came into office and only had buttloads of blame and ineptitude to go around.

And Skip Humphrey wouldn't have been in the race if his name wasn't "Humphrey"...So what?

My point would be that you're arguing like a bo-tard.
And you're arguing like someone who is sitting in Moscow, with nothing more than hearsay and spin from TASS to guide you, prattling on like an authority 14 years after the fact.

I had, so to speak, a ringside seat.

You're so far over your head here that you might get the bends.

My point would be that you're arguing like a bo-tard.
And you're arguing like someone who is sitting in Moscow, with nothing more than hearsay and spin from TASS to guide you, prattling on like an authority 14 years after the fact.

I had, so to speak, a ringside seat.

You're so far over your head here that you might get the bends.

I can appreciate your more intimate p.o.v. That said, you aren't an expert by virtue of it. You tried to claim that Ventura won via the debates. I'm telling you that he never would have even been at those debates if he wasn't the rock star governor candidate in the first place.

Where did I say that his winning the debates was the factor that led to his victory?...Oh yeah, I didn't say that.

All his "rock star" status gave him was name recognition...The same kind of recognition that was had by Skip Humphrey.

The 15% of added voter turnout didn't just show up because the candidate they were voting for campaigned in floral tights and wore a purple feather boa.

Where did I say that his winning the debates was the factor that led to his victory?...Oh yeah, I didn't say that.

All his "rock star" status gave him was name recognition...The same kind of recognition that was had by Skip Humphrey.

The 15% of added voter turnout didn't just show up because the candidate they were voting for campaigned in floral tights and wore a purple feather boa.

You can go back and read for yourself what you said about the debates. I don't want to nitpick over it. You certainly put emphasis on the debates as a key factor though.

And it was more than name recognition for Ventura. Humphrey had name recognition and the Democratic apparatus. Ventura was the rock star candidate. It was much more than people knowing who he was. I'm in California. I saw the same shiz happen with Shwartznegger. We had a much more qualified Republican candidate with McClintock but Arnold was the rock star and he went on his bus tour and it didn't matter that the media and the political machines were against him. It was in the bag. He just needed to say the bumper sticker quotes and he was gold.

Gotta news flash for ya: Minnesnowta ain't Fornicalia.

'nuf said.

out.

No. It's just a wanna-be California. When I was there, they were enacting the same destructive liberal policies as California. They were just 3-5 years behind. And they definitely get a star woody just as much as Californians.

Barone: Going out on a limb: Romney beats Obama, handily | WashingtonExaminer.com

Michael Barone has called the election Romney 315, Obama 223. He called Minnesota for Obama though. He called it 'a bridge too far.' He's probably right, but I just wanted the spicy title b/c I can't absolutely rule Minnesota for Obama and I do think that if Romney wins it, then it'd be the biggest surprise. Other competing long shots are Connecticut, Oregon, New Jersey and Maine.

According to Barone's predictions; Wisconsin would be the biggest surprise. I wouldn't call that a big surprise though. The polls were near level there even before Romney picked Ryan.

Forum List

Back