Minnesota, the Dakota Indians & Wounded Knee Massacre

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by Omnibus Dubitandum at the Indian blog Understanding Each Other posts this interest view of an American atrocity through different eyes. I enjoyed reading it @ Understanding Each Other, Diversity and Dissent: Minnesota, the Dakota Indians & Wounded Knee Massacre I must also admit that it's very interesting to read this posters viewpoints of a lot of things we generally don't learn in our history lessons on our past and present.

I would challenge anyone to find a ,modern highschool/college general American History book that doesen't mention Wounded Knee.

Understanding atrocities? Can we do that? Ya know, Indians actually perpetrated a few atrocities of their own on Anglos, I understand THAT. I read "Bury my heart at wounded knee". Where does atrocity end?

Last edited:
About 20 years ago I went to a “Indian” rally. Russell Means and Denis Banks gave speeches. It was a jolly old time. They threatened violence to stop the Columbus day parade here in Denver. Denis Banks made such a point of how they were “On the high ground” that indigenous peoples were under threat of violence….I stood there feet away from this guy, speechless. Hypocrisy has many names.

Last edited:
It's still kind of insane thinking that to this day congress hasn't rescinded the 12...yes...you heard me right...12 Medals of Honor given to soldiers that participated in the massacre that day.

If it wasn't so tragic, it would be hilarious.

Forum List

Back