Minnesota school districts grapple with discipline disparities

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Dozens of Minnesota school districts, under pressure from parents and state officials, have adopted or are pursuing new measures to reduce suspensions and expulsions of students of color and those with disabilities.

The St. Paul School District has directed police who work in its buildings to steer clear of investigating or recommending discipline for students for missteps that do not involve a crime. Duluth, Eden Prairie, Edina and Osseo school districts have struck similar agreements with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights.

The districts are among 43 traditional public school and charter school systems that had been warned by state human rights officials that they faced investigations into possible discrimination if they did not work to reduce the racial disparities in student discipline.

I think this is going to backfire.

"Discipline disparities"?

That just happened to soar after children with disabilities were mainstreamed?

Just how fucking stupid are these people?

Didnt Broward county manufacture youth crime wave this way culminating in a school shooting?

Dozens of Minnesota school districts, under pressure from parents and state officials, have adopted or are pursuing new measures to reduce suspensions and expulsions of students of color and those with disabilities.

The St. Paul School District has directed police who work in its buildings to steer clear of investigating or recommending discipline for students for missteps that do not involve a crime. Duluth, Eden Prairie, Edina and Osseo school districts have struck similar agreements with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights.

The districts are among 43 traditional public school and charter school systems that had been warned by state human rights officials that they faced investigations into possible discrimination if they did not work to reduce the racial disparities in student discipline.

This is all fine until the discipline incident involves violence. And then I really don't care. I don't care if your child has an "emotional problem" or a "behavioral problem" or what they have. Many of our schools are rife with violence and I simply cannot believe the extent to which we tolerate this because labels. You want to know how liberal indoctrination has most infected the schools? That's it. It's the tolerance of violence because kid has label.

I know teachers who have been punched in the face by elementary kids and THEY have been called on the carpet because they "triggered" the kid. Let that sink in.

No more.

Teachers need to press charges. Parents of victims need to press charges. No more of this. In the real world, no one cares if someone has a "behavioral problem". If you get decked in the grill, the perp gets hauled off to the clink. Why we coddle and put this off for kids--in the age of Nikolas Cruz--is beyond my imagination.

This is all fine until the discipline incident involves violence. And then I really don't care. I don't care if your child has an "emotional problem" or a "behavioral problem" or what they have. Many of our schools are rife with violence and I simply cannot believe the extent to which we tolerate this because labels. You want to know how liberal indoctrination has most infected the schools? That's it. It's the tolerance of violence because kid has label.

I know teachers who have been punched in the face by elementary kids and THEY have been called on the carpet because they "triggered" the kid. Let that sink in.

No more.

Teachers need to press charges. Parents of victims need to press charges. No more of this. In the real world, no one cares if someone has a "behavioral problem". If you get decked in the grill, the perp gets hauled off to the clink. Why we coddle and put this off for kids--in the age of Nikolas Cruz--is beyond my imagination.

Imagine being a bullied child and hearing the your bully, who physically injured you, is going to get a pass, because too many black kids have been punished this week.

No more.

Imagine being a bullied child and hearing the your bully, who physically injured you, is going to get a pass, because too many black kids have been punished this week.

Indeed.

But like everything in the liberal universe, the contradictions make no sense. The bullying is fine as long as the bully has some psychological label. It's not REALLY "bullying" if the bully has an "emotional" or "behavioral" disorder that didn't even exist ten years ago.

I'm not trying to seem cold, just realistic.

"Discipline disparities"?

That just happened to soar after children with disabilities were mainstreamed?

Just how fucking stupid are these people?

Cookie cutter approaches based on numbers always work.

this also goes on outside of schools
I was getting horrible service from some black girl at the food store
so I told the manager I would go somewhere else
he said you have to put in a formal complaint at the store's HQ '''''because she is black'''!!!!!!!!!
he couldn't do anything !!

..the stats show undeniably the blacks are more violent/etc
more criminal/etc
especially black youth
remember not hate or racism--but FACTS
don't let the truth hurt you --

Disciplinary policies should be realistic, clear, and enforced. No one gets a pass.

If we want to stop discrimination on the basis of race, then stop discriminating on the basis of race.

Strangely enough the Parkland school shot up by Cruz had instituted just such a “dont discipline black students” policy.
This article predates the shooting bit was already predicting trouble...as any rational being would.
In Florida, Agreement to Reduce Student Arrests | Breitbart

More article from Broward County

School Shooting Was Outcome of Broward County School Board Policy – Now Local and National Politicians Weaponize Kids for Ideological Intents…

And here is a FOI delivered internal dicument from Broward county schools.

. https://www.browardprevention.org/w...10/Fully-Executed-Collaborative-Agreement.pdf

Liberals lack the “human” part of Human Being”.

That's what you get for disrespecting a black student. Stop disrespecting them and you won't get shot at school. Or on the school bus. I am not sure about the school bus stop though.

Forum List

Back