Minneapolis Police Stop Enforcing The Law Because It’s ‘Racist’ Against Black People

Our Police have become bogged down with non-violent drug arrests. It's consuming most of their time. Serious crimes aren't getting their full attention. Let adults decide whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. Allow our Police to focus more on serious violent crimes.
Are you planning on supporting those that can not control their drug habit? Maybe you have not noticed the opioid problem we have in this country.

Too much focus on non-violent drug arrests. It consumes most of our Police Officers' days. If folks wanna get high & drunk, so be it. Consuming drugs & alcohol in itself, isn't a criminal act. It's an adult decision.
I take it you are a not very smart drug user. Look at how much it costs each year to treat drug overdoses. How much does it take each year to try and help some kick a habit. How many are driving under the influence and putting others at risk. It may be an adult decision but unfortunately too many adult still act and reason like children.

Driving under the influence would still be a crime, after Decriminalizing most drugs.
Yeah and how many people are killed each year by drunk drivers through no fault of theirs? How much property damage is done? Glad you care nothing about other people. You would at least think that you would care about your insurance going up. Of course you may not ever worry about insurance.

Consuming alcohol is legal. Prohibition didn't work. We can't have a perfect society. Freedom comes with a lot of danger. We can't always be safe. But what's the alternative? An Authoritarian Police State?

No prohibition did not work. But you think we have problems now legalize all drugs. So you again think that everything you want trumps innocent human lives? You must be kidding. Even if you can discount lives lost by others the cost in social services alone would be horrendous. I could see insurance on vehicles jumping to double what it is now, house insurance running at least half again as much.
Then you are talking increases in workers compensation, SSI, etc.

But you think we have problems now legalize all drugs.

and then what happens?

A: you don't know, but you will spread a lot of BS and fear to prevent us from trying to do something other than enrich murderous (mostly foreign) criminals and lawyers at the expense of the American people and the financial solvency of the United States

But you think we have problems now legalize all drugs.

and then what happens?

A: you don't know, but you will spread a lot of BS and fear to prevent us from trying to do something other than enrich murderous (mostly foreign) criminals and lawyers at the expense of the American people and the financial solvency of the United States
Rotfl. We are already spending millions on those services. For some the threat of imprisoment is the only thing keeping them away. Have you read anything about the opioid crisis? Maybe you have heard of fentynol? How many do we already have that are homeless or can't hold a job because of drugs? How many resort to stealing to support their habits. Actually I don't know for sure that I would not live through being in the center of a nuclear blast but most data tells me enough I don't need to try it.

I grew up in the sixties and tried drugs. I felt the same way about legalizing them when I was young and stupid. I have since realized that the cost in human life and property, plus the cost to those that pay taxes would not be worth it.

I think if we Decriminalize, we'll see this problem go away for the most part. Most of the arrests in these poor minority communities, are non-violent drug arrests. They're not hurting anyone, but themselves.

But most of those arrests are for selling which is hurting other people. The people that go to prison for using is in connection with other crimes such as theft, assault or murder.

Liberal race theory contends that anything that disproportionally affects black people is racist. If a lot of blacks are poor, poverty is racist. If not enough black people get elected, politics is racist. If a lot of black people commit crimes, the criminal just system is racist. Minneapolis police department went with that last one when they realized they were arresting too many black people for drug offenses and decided to simply stop enforcing the law.

The cops set out to arrest people who were breaking the law and they achieved that. What were the untended consequences? That most of the people arrested were black? Really? Nobody saw that one coming?

And where does it end? I’m certain that Minneapolis police, like all big city police departments, arrest a disproportionate number of black people for rape, robbery, and murder too. Does that mean enforcement of those crimes is racist as well? Will they then move to decriminalized assault, theft, and homicide?

This is really nothing new, just yet another extension of the Ferguson Effect. We had a debate about this in our Facebook suburb forum. A few of the members are Council people. When I brought up the Ferguson Effect and how it's having an affect on our police officers, not one Council person challenged me on it.

Have you read anything about the opioid crisis?

Last time I checked, opium was still illegal, so what the #### is your point?

YOUR POLICY has FAILED, period.
Lol opioids are not just opium. Also so you can be just a little bit smarter, it is not my policy. Try smoking a little less before you try posting on a forum. Learn something then get back to me say in ten years.

Decriminalize most drugs. Then release all those convicted of non-violent drug offenses. If an adult Citizen decides to get high or drunk, so be it. It's their decision. It isn't a Government issue. Let's lighten the load for our Police. Let them focus on real crime.

Drug arrests take up most of their time. And the US now ranks #1 in the word for imprisoning Citizens. Most of those is our prisons are there on non-violent drug offenses. So let's help our Police out, and Decriminalize most drugs.

Protecting good Americans both fiscally and physically is the job of lawmakers...if nearly everyone who ate bananas turned taxpayer dependent and the bananas were a direct link to the consumption of other substances which turned said people violent and criminal we should ALL be for criminalizing banana consumption...right?

I think if we Decriminalize, we'll see this problem go away for the most part. Most of the arrests in these poor minority communities, are non-violent drug arrests. They're not hurting anyone, but themselves.

But most of those arrests are for selling which is hurting other people. The people that go to prison for using is in connection with other crimes such as theft, assault or murder.

If you Decriminalize, Prohibitions ends. Just like with alcohol, life will go on. And our Police will have more time to focus on serious crimes.

Forum List

Back