Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn proposes disarming police of guns

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Oh, please let this guy win. The calamity that would result from this is too good to pass up.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - State Representative and Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn is calling for major policing changes, proposing to take away guns from the majority of officers.

Dehn is one of several candidates running to beat current Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges in the fall.

He recently won the support of voters at the Democratic Farmer Labor convention and now his call to disarm police of their side guns is garnering major attention.

I wish I owned a gun shop in Minneapolis right now

I would love to see the cops disarmed. I can't think of any quicker way to get all the crazy gun laws repealed.

Law-enforcement officers don't carry weapons to protect the public, they have to carry them to protect themselves. Many people don't know it, but the Supreme Court ruled years ago that law-enforcement has not "duty to protect."

So putting police officers in a dangerous environment with no means of protection, would be stupid, irresponsible, and downright criminal.

Even though I see more examples of it every day, the sheer idiocy of liberalism never fails to amaze me.

Law-enforcement officers don't carry weapons to protect the public, they have to carry them to protect themselves. Many people don't know it, but the Supreme Court ruled years ago that law-enforcement has not "duty to protect."

So putting police officers in a dangerous environment with no means of protection, would be stupid, irresponsible, and downright criminal.

Even though I see more examples of it every day, the sheer idiocy of liberalism never fails to amaze me.

They are endlessly stupid, this is true.

I seriously don't give two shits about the police. They've become unnecessary. They no longer protect and serve, they harass and collect.

Oh, please let this guy win. The calamity that would result from this is too good to pass up.

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - State Representative and Minneapolis mayoral candidate Raymond Dehn is calling for major policing changes, proposing to take away guns from the majority of officers.

Dehn is one of several candidates running to beat current Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges in the fall.

He recently won the support of voters at the Democratic Farmer Labor convention and now his call to disarm police of their side guns is garnering major attention.

Yeah...that's stupid....we are a gun loving country....it would be suicide for the police to be unarmed.

Yeah...that's stupid....we are a gun loving country....it would be suicide for the police to be unarmed.

I gave your comment a "thank you" for the latter part, have one disagreement: It's not so much that we "love" guns, it's that we appreciate the Second Amendment for giving all Americans the necessary tools to protect themselves from tyrannies like rape, robbery, and murder.

I don't sit around all day coddling my firearms and holding them like little babies, but I do spend enough time making sure they're in good, operable condition.

About time alternative policies were considered.

DFcTEqeXcAAui6y.jpg:small

Well, if he wins we know where all the armed criminals will be headed...

If he wins, this country has sunk to a new low.

They wouldn't do it. They'd quit and go find an easier job....like providing security to the upper middle class and above in a city without law enforcement.

They wouldn't do it. They'd quit and go find an easier job....like providing security to the upper middle class and above in a city without law enforcement.
Limited number of those required.
They would get jobs like the rest of us, and carry and protect themselves and their communities, without being a member of a police force and without the power of the courts.

--LOL

i hope he wins

--LOL

Forum List

Back