Minn. Jewish leaders Take Stand Against Conservative Christians

Let us be honest.

The only people that are truly "Pro-Israel" are Jews because they have a more pure stake in Israel..

Even some Christians claim to be "Pro-Israel" because they think that Jesus is going to come flying down from heaven and convert all the Jews to christianity. That is not being "Pro-Israel", that is being pro-"Jews for Jesus".

Even I question the purpose of given the old Kingdom back to the Jews(Yeah, yeah, call me an anti-semitie if you really have too). Jews could have lived in relative peace if we would have given them Florida. Of course the Seniors would have went nuts, and let us not talk about our crazy rednecks bitching about relocation. On the other hand, New Israel(Florida) would be a paradise on earth--well, until a hurricane comes along and blow everything out to sea.

I've been to Israel, you uneducated, knuckle-dragging inbred. I am also a Christian. And I am also pro-Israel. They are our CLOSEST ally in the region, it's a fantastic place to visit and the women are extremely hot.

Get back to watching Hee Haw or whatever it is you're doing in your trailer, you mouth-breathing inbred.

Israel is surrounded by crazies and you still think it is best for the Jews to stay there.

Let us not forget crazies with nukes and not afraid to die(You keep convincing yourself that Pakistan is not in league with the other muslim nations, but that is no kind of assurance in terms of security.)

I am suggesting that the nation of Israel need to move to region that takes them out of the line of fire, youare arguing to keep them surrounded by a bunch of murderous bastards. Tell me, is that truly a Pro-Israeli position?

Hey Smokey, have you ever been to Israel? People aren't running around scared. The country is highly industrialized and modernized. They worry about similar things that most people worry about how to put food on the table. They have a well developed country and very stable democracy and robust economy. They don't need to move anywhere that ship has sailed. They are there for good!

Prime example of a Leftist extremist antisemite (has stated he would like to see another holocaust, but ironically denies the first one took place :eek:) like TS420 using the Jews to promote his agenda. He would stab the same Jews through the heart if he had the chance!

[

You lying POS, I haver never said anything against Jewish people. You are one of those sheep that see "ant-semitism" in every corner.

:bsflag:

and

:fu:

:lol: You couldn't find anything,could you?

Because it is against our religion. I appreciate that it is a difficult concept for some... but there are Americans who take their religious beliefs seriously.

Your President guaranteed the Church that he would ensure that the bill would not conflict with our beliefs. He lied. He lied to the face of the Arch Bishop - in the Oval Office, when he asked for, and received, the support of the Church for the bill.

Your President is a liar, and his actions show him to be anti-Catholic.

Hold it Cali G

If you do not use that aspect of the policy, how does it conflict with your religion?

Also, what about the Catholics that use contraceptives? Are they then to choose policies as dictated by the church versus one that allows more options for them?

I find that a little wierd. Sorry if I am missing your point, but I just don't see how a insurance policy with provisions that you do not have to access is forcing you against your convictions.

The Church cannot fund insurance policies that provide contraception. It is against our beliefs. Am I not speaking Engish? Perhaps I am accidentally posting in gaelic?

It is not about the provisions - it is about the Church paying for its employees healthcare coverage..... How do I put this.... We. Cannot. Pay. For. Contraception. Any employee who wants contraception covered can leave the Church's employ and get a job elsewhere.

Why the fuck will you people (and by you people I refer to the lying fucks who claim to support freedom - but in practice support it only for themselves).... not compromise?
And why in the fuck do religious assholes think that there should be 20 billion people on the planet? Oh yeah, "be fruitful and multiply".:lol::lol: Idiot.

Fuck religion. Humans have corrupted the message. Shall I continue on Catholicism? Okay, I will.

You assholes talk about taking care of the poor? I've been to Rome. I fucking LIVED THERE!! Your so called Pope and organization has BILLIONS in art and gold yet they don't part with any of it. Instead they ask the people with less to donate to support their "cause", using guilt to make people give. What a fucking racket.:lol::lol:

Hold it Cali G

If you do not use that aspect of the policy, how does it conflict with your religion?

Also, what about the Catholics that use contraceptives? Are they then to choose policies as dictated by the church versus one that allows more options for them?

I find that a little wierd. Sorry if I am missing your point, but I just don't see how a insurance policy with provisions that you do not have to access is forcing you against your convictions.

The Church cannot fund insurance policies that provide contraception. It is against our beliefs. Am I not speaking Engish? Perhaps I am accidentally posting in gaelic?

It is not about the provisions - it is about the Church paying for its employees healthcare coverage..... How do I put this.... We. Cannot. Pay. For. Contraception. Any employee who wants contraception covered can leave the Church's employ and get a job elsewhere.

Why the fuck will you people (and by you people I refer to the lying fucks who claim to support freedom - but in practice support it only for themselves).... not compromise?
And why in the fuck do religious assholes think that there should be 20 billion people on the planet? Oh yeah, "be fruitful and multiply".:lol::lol: Idiot.

Fuck religion. Humans have corrupted the message. Shall I continue on Catholicism? Okay, I will.

You assholes talk about taking care of the poor? I've been to Rome. I fucking LIVED THERE!! Your so called Pope and organization has BILLIONS in art and gold yet they don't part with any of it. Instead they ask the people with less to donate to support their "cause", using guilt to make people give. What a fucking racket.:lol::lol:
CG neg reps me but she doesn't "accept" private messages? What are you scared of, bitch?:lol::lol:

Good for them, but it's a little tough to figure out. The Old Testament speaks against homosexuality multiple times and the New Testament never does, yet this kind of stuff takes place.

They were not speaking as Jewish theologians, but as advocates for civil liberty. The laws of man are not the laws of God, and are to be judged by a different standard.
The law of God trumps the law of man, and God says gay is a sin. God is always right.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

That means the law of the land CANNOT enforce what some people see as God's law. The Jewish leaders here understand that. You, it seems, don't.

They were not speaking as Jewish theologians, but as advocates for civil liberty. The laws of man are not the laws of God, and are to be judged by a different standard.
The law of God trumps the law of man, and God says gay is a sin. God is always right.

That means the law of the land CANNOT enforce what some people see as God's law. The Jewish leaders here understand that. You, it seems, don't.

We have laws against things like murder and theft. Its God's law not to murder, or to steal.

We have laws against things like murder and theft. Its God's law not to murder, or to steal.

Or eat pork.

Or eat pork.

leave pork alone! Pork chops are delicious.

All societies have laws against things like murder and theft, regardless of what the prevailing religion is.

All societies have laws against things like murder and theft, regardless of what the prevailing religion is.

Yes, because those people's beliefs (aka religion) dictates that it is wrong to them.

How is a law pertaining to marriage any different? :cuckoo:

Yes, because those people's beliefs (aka religion) dictates that it is wrong to them.

So since I don't believe in a god or belong to a religion, that means i'm automatically means i'm a thieving murderer?

So since I don't believe in a god or belong to a religion, that means i'm automatically means i'm a thieving murderer?

That statement makes no sense to me. :cuckoo:

no, laws against murder predate the bible or religious text.

St. Paul, Minn. — Rabbis representing Jewish congregations from Duluth to Rochester say they're taking a stand against the ballot measure that would ban same-sex marriage in the state.

Thirty-five rabbis from the Minnesota Rabbinical Association have signed onto a statement opposing the proposed constitutional amendment that will be on the ballot this fall. The group represents conservative, reform and reconstructionist clergy from 15 congregations around the state.

Lynn Liberman, a rabbi at the Beth Jacob congregation in Mendota Heights, co-chairs the group and said the ballot initiative reminds the rabbis of historical discrimination against the Jewish people.

"All the rights that are afforded to all families should not be denied to some," she said. "That's been a principal of Jews and Judaism for hundreds of years, where we felt the challenges of discrimination and do not want to see that perpetuated in our state."

It wasn't easy getting all parties of differing opinions to come together on a single issue, Liberman said.

"But we all really understood the significance of Kavod HaBriyot, of honoring the individual, and of really seeing the rights of all people preserved," she said.

The statement, though, didn't include support from any orthodox clergy.

Minn. Jewish leaders oppose marriage amendment | Minnesota Public Radio News

No wonder God went away from the liberal jews,and the ones that have complete disregard for the laws of God. Many of them wonder why they have no temple or the messiah has not shown up.

Last edited:

You seem to be missing the point. Laws come from a people's beliefs. It can come from an established religion, taught philosophy, or just the natural human sense of right and wrong.

Its rediculous to argue that marriage being defined as being between a man and woman is strictly from religion. Plenty of atheists believe a marriage can only be between a man and a woman. And as you pointed out, long before the bible ever came about there were marriages between men and women as well.

In our society today, the vast majority of people define marriage as being between a man and woman, even in the most liberal states like California. A few judges in courts can rule otherwise, but that is called governing against the will of the people.

You seem to be missing the point. Laws come from a people's beliefs. It can come from an established religion, taught philosophy, or just the natural human sense of right and wrong.

Its rediculous to argue that marriage being defined as being between a man and woman is strictly from religion. Plenty of atheists believe a marriage can only be between a man and a woman. And as you pointed out, long before the bible ever came about there were marriages between men and women as well.

In our society today, the vast majority of people define marriage as being between a man and woman, even in the most liberal states like California. A few judges in courts can rule otherwise, but that is called governing against the will of the people.

That's incorrect. This information is from a poll most consider conservative (Gallup).

Majority of Americans support gay marriage in poll | Reuters

(Reuters) - Fifty-three percent of Americans support making gay marriage legal, a Gallup poll showed on Friday, a marked reversal from just a year ago when an equal majority opposed same-sex matrimony.

Prime example of a Leftist extremist antisemite (has stated he would like to see another holocaust, but ironically denies the first one took place :eek:) like TS420 using the Jews to promote his agenda. He would stab the same Jews through the heart if he had the chance!

yeah, he's a loser. but that doesn't really have anything to do with this particular thread. frankly, i wasn't even paying attention to who started it.

i do see lots of rightwingnut fauxrage, though.

and never forget, the extremists on the right hate you just as much as extremists on the left.

It's been 2 months and neither of you hateful bitches have found anything hateful i have said against Jewish people.

St. Paul, Minn. — Rabbis representing Jewish congregations from Duluth to Rochester say they're taking a stand against the ballot measure that would ban same-sex marriage in the state.

Thirty-five rabbis from the Minnesota Rabbinical Association have signed onto a statement opposing the proposed constitutional amendment that will be on the ballot this fall. The group represents conservative, reform and reconstructionist clergy from 15 congregations around the state.

Lynn Liberman, a rabbi at the Beth Jacob congregation in Mendota Heights, co-chairs the group and said the ballot initiative reminds the rabbis of historical discrimination against the Jewish people.

"All the rights that are afforded to all families should not be denied to some," she said. "That's been a principal of Jews and Judaism for hundreds of years, where we felt the challenges of discrimination and do not want to see that perpetuated in our state."

It wasn't easy getting all parties of differing opinions to come together on a single issue, Liberman said.

"But we all really understood the significance of Kavod HaBriyot, of honoring the individual, and of really seeing the rights of all people preserved," she said.

The statement, though, didn't include support from any orthodox clergy.

Minn. Jewish leaders oppose marriage amendment | Minnesota Public Radio News

So I guess these same guys are strongly opposed to the ban on multiple marriage which discriminates against certain religious groups?

Forum List

Back