Minn. Congressman Seeks Delay To Cape Wind Farm

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
BOSTON (AP) ― A Minnesota Congressman sent a letter this week to the Coast Guard asking it to delay its final recommendation on a proposal that would put a wind farm off the coast of Cape Cod.

In the letter dated Wednesday, U.S. Rep. James Oberstar asked that recommendations to the U.S. Department of Interior's Minerals Management Service be delayed for at least 60 days to allow for public comment on a study of the wind farm's impact on marine radar and safety.

The Coast Guard released the radar study earlier this month. After the release of the study, Coast Guard Capt. Raymond Perry called the wind project "doable."

The Coast Guard's recommendations were scheduled to be issued to the Minerals Management Service on Monday.

More

Would somebody please inform the gentleman from Minnisota that we're striving to create alternative energy and that he's had 7 YEARS to argue his case.

Anybody know if this dude owns a vacation property on Nantucket Sound?

A Democrat trying to stop alternative forms of energy? Impossible!

1. Nuclear - Too Dangerous
2. Hydroelectric - Harms environment
3. Wind - Ugly

Yet another Democrat to thank for keeping the US dependent on foreign oil. :cuckoo:

xsited, you are full of it. The primary opposition to alternative forms of energy has come from Republicans. Nuclear is very expensive. Good ballast, but too spendy for the primary source,and has some waste disposal problems. Hydroelectric is good, but just where do you propose to put some new dams? Most of what is practical to do has already been done in terms of hydroelectic. Wind is hardly ugly. And does not scar the land or create greenhouse gases.

And what has your idiot done in the last eight years to get us off of dependance on foriegn oil?

xsited, you are full of it. The primary opposition to alternative forms of energy has come from Republicans. Nuclear is very expensive. Good ballast, but too spendy for the primary source,and has some waste disposal problems. Hydroelectric is good, but just where do you propose to put some new dams? Most of what is practical to do has already been done in terms of hydroelectic. Wind is hardly ugly. And does not scar the land or create greenhouse gases.

And what has your idiot done in the last eight years to get us off of dependance on foriegn oil?

Funny. You know as well as I that Nuclear is safe and efficient. Just look at France. Yet anytime anyone mentions Nuclear energy, the Democrats go nuts. Here's a good article about Dams. I mentioned Wind power as more of a joke for some idiot politicians who oppose it.

What has my idiot? Just who is my idiot?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back