Minister Welcomes Sharia In Netherlands If Majority Wants It

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:eek:

THE HAGUE, 13/09/06 - Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner considers the Netherlands should give Muslims more freedoms to behave according to their traditions. Muslims refusing to shake hands is fine with him. And Sharia law could be introduced in the Netherlands democratically, in the minister's view.

Muslims have the right to experience their religion in ways that diverge from Dutch social codes, accordign to the Christian democrat (CDA) minister. He thinks Queen Beatrix was very wise not to insist on a Muslim leader shaking hands with her when she visited his mosque in The Hague earlier this year.

Integration Minister Verdonk did previously scold an imam who would not shake her hand. Without directly referring to this incident, Donner considers "a tone that I do not like has crept into the political debate. A tone of: 'Thou shalt assimilate. Thou shalt adopt our values in public. Be reasonable, do it our way'. That is not my approach".

Donner strongly disagrees with a recent plea by CDA parliamentary leader Maxime Verhagen for a ban on parties seeking to launch Sharia (Islamic law) in the Netherlands. "For me it is clear: if two-thirds of the Dutch population should want to introduce the Sharia tomorrow, then the possibility should exist," according to Donner. "It would be a disgrace to say: 'That is not allowed!'."

Donner makes his remarks in an interview in a book entitled, 'The country of hate and anger' (Het land van haat en nijd). The book was written by journalists Margalith Kleijwegt and Max van Weezel of weekly magazine Vrij Nederland. Minister Verdonk will be presented with the first copy today.
http://www.nisnews.nl/public/130906_2.htm

This is why they are breeding like rats and spreading themselves all over the globe. They are not in Holland because they like Grolsch and gouda cheese. The want to take over every country in the world eventually by their breeding efforts. Democracy without control is mob rule and that is their intention. :food1:

This is why they are breeding like rats and spreading themselves all over the globe. They are not in Holland because they like Grolsch and gouda cheese. The want to take over every country in the world eventually by their breeding efforts. Democracy without control is mob rule and that is their intention. :food1:

I agree. They first wish to do in those Muslims that disagree with their interpretation. Then to establish the Caliphate. Then it will be convert, subjugate, or die.

Sound like anything we've seen before, albeit with 'options?'

I agree. They first wish to do in those Muslims that disagree with their interpretation. Then to establish the Caliphate. Then it will be convert, subjugate, or die.

Sound like anything we've seen before, albeit with 'options?'

What does it sound like?

:eek:

THE HAGUE, 13/09/06 - Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner considers the Netherlands should give Muslims more freedoms to behave according to their traditions. Muslims refusing to shake hands is fine with him. And Sharia law could be introduced in the Netherlands democratically, in the minister's view.

Muslims have the right to experience their religion in ways that diverge from Dutch social codes, accordign to the Christian democrat (CDA) minister. He thinks Queen Beatrix was very wise not to insist on a Muslim leader shaking hands with her when she visited his mosque in The Hague earlier this year.

Integration Minister Verdonk did previously scold an imam who would not shake her hand. Without directly referring to this incident, Donner considers "a tone that I do not like has crept into the political debate. A tone of: 'Thou shalt assimilate. Thou shalt adopt our values in public. Be reasonable, do it our way'. That is not my approach".

Donner strongly disagrees with a recent plea by CDA parliamentary leader Maxime Verhagen for a ban on parties seeking to launch Sharia (Islamic law) in the Netherlands. "For me it is clear: if two-thirds of the Dutch population should want to introduce the Sharia tomorrow, then the possibility should exist," according to Donner. "It would be a disgrace to say: 'That is not allowed!'."

Donner makes his remarks in an interview in a book entitled, 'The country of hate and anger' (Het land van haat en nijd). The book was written by journalists Margalith Kleijwegt and Max van Weezel of weekly magazine Vrij Nederland. Minister Verdonk will be presented with the first copy today.
http://www.nisnews.nl/public/130906_2.htm

He didn't "welcome" it. C'mon. He said if the majority wants it, the majority gets it. He's just stating how democracy works. Unless, of course, you're saying we love democracy as long as the people in that democracy choose a system like ours. Of course I don't think Sharia law is a good thing--it's sad that I even have to put a disclaimer like that into my posts--the Dutch minister just doesn't want to discriminate against Muslims by banning one of their parties. Many European countries still allow Nazi parties to run candidates in elections--but they never win. I don't think radical imams running for office would win either. The Netherlands will never be an Islamic state--give me a break. Alarmism at it's finest. :rolleyes:

He didn't "welcome" it. C'mon. He said if the majority wants it, the majority gets it. He's just stating how democracy works. Unless, of course, you're saying we love democracy as long as the people in that democracy choose a system like ours. Of course I don't think Sharia law is a good thing--it's sad that I even have to put a disclaimer like that into my posts--the Dutch minister just doesn't want to discriminate against Muslims by banning one of their parties. Many European countries still allow Nazi parties to run candidates in elections--but they never win. I don't think radical imams running for office would win either. The Netherlands will never be an Islamic state--give me a break. Alarmism at it's finest. :rolleyes:

I get it--appease a few of them and it will all go away.

Pure democracy, of course, is a system of lunacy. We're technically a constitutional republic with democratically elected legislators, executives and some judges.

Our freedoms are protected by law, and cannot be eliminated, even if the majority wants it.

Alarmism? This is PC idiocy run amuck. How can a democracy "democratically" adopt a body of law (sharia) of a religion and not destroy the democracy itself in the process? Sharia is certainly not democratic.

The Netherlands will never be an Islamic state--give me a break. Alarmism at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Their plan is to make the entire world an Islamic state. They are open about it. This is like the people who read "Mein Kampf" and thought Hitler didn't mean it. When these people say they are going to take over the world, and when they are using immigration and breeding to accomplish this, why do you want to pretend like it can't happen? Seems like an intelligently designed and well executed plan (albeit horrifying) to me.

Their plan is to make the entire world an Islamic state. They are open about it. This is like the people who read "Mein Kampf" and thought Hitler didn't mean it. When these people say they are going to take over the world, and when they are using immigration and breeding to accomplish this, why do you want to pretend like it can't happen? Seems like an intelligently designed and well executed plan (albeit horrifying) to me.

Islam will never take-over the west. There is no global Islamic conspiracy. :tinfoil:

Alarmism? This is PC idiocy run amuck. How can a democracy "democratically" adopt a body of law (sharia) of a religion and not destroy the democracy itself in the process? Sharia is certainly not democratic.

No duh. Your command of the obvious is astoundingly sharp. You've gone too far ahead. This guy's not actually talking about adopting Sharia law, he's saying if a democratically elected people want it, they should be able to have it. He's speaking in what is called a "hypothetical" sense.

No duh. Your command of the obvious is astoundingly sharp. You've gone too far ahead. This guy's not actually talking about adopting Sharia law, he's saying if a democratically elected people want it, they should be able to have it. He's speaking in what is called a "hypothetical" sense.

So theoretically a democracy could vote to become a theocracy?

So theoretically a democracy could vote to become a theocracy?

Sure. If we voted to amend our constitution to declare Bush king and ban all religions except for Southern Baptist Christianity by declaring it the federal religion, we would become a theocracy. If 2/3 of Congress approved it of course.

Sure. If we voted to amend our constitution to declare Bush king and ban all religions except for Southern Baptist Christianity by declaring it the federal religion, we would become a theocracy. If 2/3 of Congress approved it of course.

And then we would be like a Baptist Israel. Now seriously. Do you think Americans would like this kind of "democracy"?

This is a joke, right? Because if you're not joking-----:finger:

Nuc, I hate to break it to you, knowing that you really are to the left of many of us. He's not kidding. Really.

Nuc, I hate to break it to you, knowing that you really are to the left of many of us. He's not kidding. Really.

OK maybe I am a bit to the left of many of you. That's not too hard. But reality is reality and I don't like the reality of these Islamofaschitheads. :cheers2: :kiss2: :beer:

I don't understand why a leftist would relish the idea of being taken over by a bunch of medieval theocrats.

Or anybody!

Forum List

Back