Minimum wage hike bankrupts company.

The only way your scenario would work is if one employer trained everyone it could in one skill then kept them under contract forever.

That is the unfortunate reality of working in corporate labor-union America in this day and age.

And not everyone can be a Mozart. His talent had very little to do with who was paying him to compose music and more to do with his innate musical genius.

And why not?

If someone has the talent or interest in a musical instrument or some other kind of hobby or skill, what exactly is wrong with composing or practicing or whatever?

Your name isn't necessarily going to be Mozart, but again, what of it? If you don't appreciate the music or art or science or whatever, maybe you can do something better yourself and/or leave other people the fuck alone to plink at their pianos or whatever else it is they do when they mind their own business.

The only way your scenario would work is if one employer trained everyone it could in one skill then kept them under contract forever.

That is the unfortunate reality of working in corporate labor-union America in this day and age.

And not everyone can be a Mozart. His talent had very little to do with who was paying him to compose music and more to do with his innate musical genius.

And why not?

If someone has the talent or interest in a musical instrument or some other kind of hobby or skill, what exactly is wrong with composing or practicing or whatever?

Your name isn't necessarily going to be Mozart, but again, what of it? If you don't appreciate the music or art or science or whatever, maybe you can do something better yourself and/or leave other people the fuck alone to plink at their pianos or whatever else it is they do when they mind their own business.
you misunderstand me.

The implication was that someone "cornered the market" on musical genius by paying Mozart.

And why not?

And it is literally impossible for any employer to corner the market on skilled or unskilled labor

you misunderstand me.

The implication was that someone "cornered the market" on musical genius by paying Mozart.

I still don't understand.

Copyrighted © sound recordings are neither musical nor genius, regardless of whether or nor the consumer-product-device consumer has a WIPO-DMCA receipt stamped PAID from the estate of "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart" or the alleged heirs or successors to such heritage of classical music.
I absolutely refuse to patronize any industry that avails itself of such barratrous service of process under color of law.

The organized criminal protection racket of malicious and fraudulent take-down and censorship "services" has cost the popular music industry all claims and pretensions to "intellectual property" in the eyes of a law-abiding citizenry.

Let them be damned for their copyrights, patents, trade dress, and corporate secrets.

Destroys small business....

It all depends on what you have to offer to your customers and at what price versus the competition. Please do not nickel-and-dime me with that cheap-ass cottage-industry small-business rhetoric.

which is exactly the goal: force more folks onto the government payroll. Doy

Such as, for example, employees of Walmart: Walmart is not exactly a small business, but it does thrive on a model forcing its employees into a cycle of dependency on public welfare.

Large businesses like Walmart, Office Depot, McDonald's, Starbucks, etc. do not pay sufficient wages to fully support their employees, and end up burdening state benefit systems to support workers who really need to be making enough money to house, clothe and feed themselves on bona fide cash wages from the company they are working for.

Don't put on that management-versus-labor-union dog-and-pony show, either. A "labor union" is little more than an employee benefits consulting firm that offers a limited hang-out for employee grievances; more or less an overgrown bully-boy H.R. department.

you misunderstand me.

Copyrighted © sound recordings are neither musical nor genius, regardless of whether or nor the consumer-product-device consumer has a WIPO-DMCA receipt stamped PAID from the estate of "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart" or the alleged heirs or successors to such heritage of classical music.
I absolutely refuse to patronize any industry that avails itself of such barratrous service of process under color of law.

The organized criminal protection racket of malicious and fraudulent take-down and censorship "services" has cost the popular music industry all claims and pretensions to "intellectual property" in the eyes of a law-abiding citizenry.

Let them be damned for their copyrights, patents, trade dress, and corporate secrets.
There was no such thing as a copyright in Mozart's time.
go back and read the exchanges between me and another life

I'm not ging to waste time explaining it to you

a cornered market is no longer a market, it is a pre-arranged deal wheel.

Can you give me an example of a cornered market.
Since there is no protection against cornering labor/skill markets, they stop existing pretty fast after they are cornered. But here is an example. Very soon after Texas Instruments and Linear Technologies cornered the power supply market, power supply designers died out, and now you have to go as far as China, to get power supply design support.

You don't understand that employers are not producers of labor they are consumers of labor. A consumer cannot corner a market.

Can one person corner the market on cars? Not unless he can buy every single car that has ever been made and will ever be made.

See the difference?

This is very interesting! Using the car analogy, the labor market is like the horse selling market after the invention of the car. Now that horses are no longer needed, the few that still can sell are few enough to be cornered by one guy, who can buy them all, and re-sell them, or just not buy them at all after all his competitors are bust.

And that is not analogous at all with people and the pool of labor provided by people.

The only way your example works is if one employer trains all the people interested in one skill then keeps those people under contract forever.

So if you wanted to corner the market on auto mechanics you would not only have to train all the people who wanted to be auto mechanics now and in the future and keep them under contract forever but you would also have to convince all the auto mechanics that already exist into working for you forever

So you see it is literally impossible for an employer to corner the market on any skill.
There is a shortage of Certified Auto Mechanics.

you misunderstand me.

There was no such thing as a copyright in Mozart's time.
go back and read the exchanges between me and another life

I'm not ging to waste time explaining it to you
yea he only got paid for original work. plenty of copycats around.

Can you give me an example of a cornered market.
Since there is no protection against cornering labor/skill markets, they stop existing pretty fast after they are cornered. But here is an example. Very soon after Texas Instruments and Linear Technologies cornered the power supply market, power supply designers died out, and now you have to go as far as China, to get power supply design support.

You don't understand that employers are not producers of labor they are consumers of labor. A consumer cannot corner a market.

Can one person corner the market on cars? Not unless he can buy every single car that has ever been made and will ever be made.

See the difference?

This is very interesting! Using the car analogy, the labor market is like the horse selling market after the invention of the car. Now that horses are no longer needed, the few that still can sell are few enough to be cornered by one guy, who can buy them all, and re-sell them, or just not buy them at all after all his competitors are bust.

And that is not analogous at all with people and the pool of labor provided by people.

The only way your example works is if one employer trains all the people interested in one skill then keeps those people under contract forever.

So if you wanted to corner the market on auto mechanics you would not only have to train all the people who wanted to be auto mechanics now and in the future and keep them under contract forever but you would also have to convince all the auto mechanics that already exist into working for you forever

So you see it is literally impossible for an employer to corner the market on any skill.
There is a shortage of Certified Auto Mechanics.
And that is not caused by anyone "cornering the market" on mechanics

Forum List

Back