Minimum Wage $25 Per Hour Soon

1) No, it's not remarkably high. The suicide rate in Switzerland is about 15 out of every 100,000 people. By contrast, the rate in the US is about 11.5 out of every 100,000 people. So the Swiss have a slightly higher rate than us. That's not remarkably high. The Swiss do have a high rate of suicide by gun in comparison to the rest of Europe. But, all of this is attributable to several additional factors. The Swiss have some of the easiest access to guns in all of Europe. So it's only natural that they'll have higher rates of suicide by gun, while other European countries have higher rates of other means. Also, Switzerland has legal assisted suicide for a variety of things. So every cancer patient who decides to end their life for medical reasons becomes a part of the official suicide rate. There is also the "suicide tourism" that has emerged from Switzerland's right-to-die-friendly laws, which artificially contribute to their suicide rate. And finally, the overall population in Switzerland is much less than the US population, which tends to artificially create an slightly higher rates. All these things taken into consideration, it's probably safe to expect a REAL reflection of suicide in Switzerland would show they are less likely to commit suicide than we are.

2) Suicide is almost always a matter of mental health. It has nothing to do with "living well." People who have "great" lives can suffer from clinical depression or other major mental illnesses, which can drive them to attempt suicide. Even if we were simply take Switzerland's suicide rate on face value, and ignore the full consideration of all the circumstances, a higher suicide rate in Switzerland would be entirely useless in determining how "well" the Swiss live. It would, at best, imply their mental health services are less effective than our own.

I didn't say it was 'remarkably high'. Read, comprehend, comment.

I said it was remarkably high considering they 'live better'. If they live better, one would expect them to have a lower suicide rate than us. Logic. They don't. They have a higher rate. Got that? Good.

So your suggesting there is a direct correlation between living better and suicide rate?
United states 11 (per 100,000)
Mexico 4.0
translation - California Girl thinks mexico has a higher standard of living then the US does.
Mexicans don't get a chance to suicide. Someone is more than willing to kill them first. Of course if you want to do something similar, compare murder rates of areas that voted for Obama and those who voted for McCain. Does this mean being liberals causes a murder rate?

Do you understand the concept of correlation versus causality?

You never know how is listening.....oopppssy

AN OPEN microphone picked up the French president Nicolas Sarkozy telling Barack Obama that he thought Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu was a "liar" during a private conversation at the G-20 summit in France.

Sarkozy then moved the conversation toward the Israeli prime minister, with Sarkozy telling Obama, "I can't stand him. He's a liar."

Obama reportedly replied, "You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day."

Open mic picks up presidents' talk | Herald Sun

seems they just cant help themselves......if i were one of the most powerful people in the world....i would be damned careful what i said and where i said it....

seems they just cant help themselves......if i were one of the most powerful people in the world....i would be damned careful what i said and where i said it....

No kidding! Its not as if they can ever say "they did not say that" ... its caught on tape.

However, unions are very powerful in Switzerland, and even store cashiers are paid an average of $3500 francs per month based on a 42 hour work week. The proposed minimum wage would increase that to $4000 francs per month, so while it is a substantial increase, it is less percentage wise than the increase we just instituted in the US over the last few years.

Couple things about Switzerland, the cost of living is much higher than here in the US, overall at least. Secondly, average median income is about 50% higher than here in the US.

Naturally the cost of living is higher. How do you think that $3500 a month salary for cashiers is sustained?

I'd love to be a fly on PM Netanyahu's wall today.

I am sure he says the same things about obama and Sarkozy. :lol:

Damn... i got to work with that ass obama every damn day!

Part of diplomacy is about keeping that smile slapped on your face and not saying anything out of place, or what is crossing your mind the moment it does.

Why is it that Barry has to deal with that fucking piece of shit every day ? Six million useless real estate thieves and as soon as you open a paper or turn on the news there it is. IsNtReal.
May Allie, Buddha, HayJeuss or some fucking body get Imaneedinajob his nuke/and soon !.

I didn't say it was 'remarkably high'. Read, comprehend, comment.

I said it was remarkably high considering they 'live better'. If they live better, one would expect them to have a lower suicide rate than us. Logic. They don't. They have a higher rate. Got that? Good.

So your suggesting there is a direct correlation between living better and suicide rate?
United states 11 (per 100,000)
Mexico 4.0
translation - California Girl thinks mexico has a higher standard of living then the US does.
Mexicans don't get a chance to suicide. Someone is more than willing to kill them first. Of course if you want to do something similar, compare murder rates of areas that voted for Obama and those who voted for McCain. Does this mean being liberals causes a murder rate?

Do you understand the concept of correlation versus causality?

I definetly understand cooerlation vs causality, my first two years in college i was a psych major.
Mexican life expectancy is 76.5 years, so you really can't say they don't get the chance. Murder rate is always blown out of proportion as it always has a much smaller effect then people think. Mexico has one of the higher murder rates at 18 per 100,000, or about .018% of the population.
What I was trying to do was disprove california girl's causation by showing there wasn't even correlation between the two.

Part of diplomacy is about keeping that smile slapped on your face and not saying anything out of place, or what is crossing your mind the moment it does.

He's just smart enough not to get caught flapping his trap. :razz:

He's just smart enough not to get caught flapping his trap. :razz:
He also had a hell of a lot more experience in diplomacy and foreign policy than Obama ever did.

This is what we get with inexperience - an embarrassment. And, to think the idiot is STILL on the learning curve on the job.

Good gawd.

LOL. My kid learned a hard lesson about that. Once in an academic competition he told one of his team mates to 'shut the fuck up.' It resounded all over the room. He later apologized to the team coach for it, but the coach just said, 'you were just doing what you had to do.'

BUT, I DO love these moments when 'heads of state' are involved. True Colors and all that! LOL

Of course he does. :lol:

Forum List

Back